the Rift

[OPEN] Alice in Wonderland [Hatching]

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

I watch as Hotaru cleans off the baby, and a shape underneath the goo starts to take shape. Some sort of pup. It's not what I'm used to seeing - a pup, out of an egg? I don't understand it. Hotaru is quick to catch my confusion, ready to explain and ease my swirling mind. A hellhound? I haven't heard of those. But the pale snow and violet critter is adorable, and 'Alice' seems to fit as a name just perfectly. "She's so adorable." I smile, genuinely, enjoying the moment. Is this what all births are like? No, no of course not I'm not that foolish. But as I watch, Hotaru looks up at me, clearly ready to explain. 'Do you know what a companion is?' Her eager and honest expression tells me that if I didn't she would be happy to explain. But strangely enough, it's her question that answers all my questions. A hellhound must be a type of companion. Companions... must be born from eggs. "I know of companions.... Are they all born this way?" I try to be careful in how I ask, not wanting to sound naive. I am only two but I want to be wise, I want everyone I meet to take me seriously. I am not a kitten who can be taken advantage of or ignored.

But that's not what's happening with Hotaru. She's not looking down on me, she's greeting me as a friend. She is asking an honest question, and I gave her an honest answer, didn't I. The pup disrupts my train of thought, and I look to her snout with curiosity. Hunger - it's something I know. It's something I know better than Hotaru does. Alice is a carnivore like me, Hotaru is not. I look down at the rabbit on my paws. Well... it's not much of a meal for me anyway. I swat the rabbit over toward Hotaru like a ball of yarn, a play toy to share with my play partner. "Let her start with that, though it might be a bit much for a few-minutes-old pup." Will she even have teeth? I don't know much about how companions come to be. I know about their existence, I know how they work with the equines. I don't really know about.... babies.

""

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Hotaru - 02-01-2015, 02:07 AM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Saffron - 02-01-2015, 04:26 AM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Hotaru - 02-06-2015, 09:49 PM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Saffron - 02-09-2015, 02:58 AM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Hotaru - 02-22-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Saffron - 02-22-2015, 11:27 PM