the Rift

and life loved death

Verlaine Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

et la vie amait la mort

The curtain draws and her mask burns, the true picture of Verlaine pouring over her matter and bringing her back into the face of life. Loose air is replaced with ground. She shifts uncomfortably while her balance regains itself, careful not to mash the orb. A shake brings the last of her magic's touch from her appearance, and she is nothing more than a small mare standing far below a towering giant.
So much for appearances.
"Pas de soucis." She turns to admire the orb once more before taking it within her teeth, pulling it up slowly and bringing it around to her tail. Gentle persausion leaves it resting inside the mass of hair. "I doubt it would hurt it if we took it with us."
Azaneen nears her at this point. The shift in her violet eyes catches the steps in the corner of her eye, slow and steady. Ears prick forward into an alert position to greet the closer arrival of the glowing mare. Talk of Ashin makes a conversation that she might enjoy if it wasn't for the circumstances of departure. Ashin was of importantance to her company, and thus came the fashion of greeting that she had recieved.
"My sincere apologies for the passing of your loved one. The afterlife is a kind place once you become accustomed to it. We will all find each other there some day, so rejoyce in what life you have left. That's what they would like you to do so that all is not wasted when you're reunited."
The next is an offer she couldn't refuse. A treasure it might be, but that wasn't what she was seeing it as. It was an object, something possibly living and breathing, but for the time being, silenced. "I'd love that. Maybe you could also tell me a bit about this place? My blood flows from a very different land than this."
She studies Azaneen's face for a moment, holding her eyes upwards in their sockets so that their height difference wouldn't be as supreme. Others may of towered over her in stature, but she had towered over them in title as far as it mattered. "Are you alright?"
Her manners had been well as far as she had paid to them. Nothing rude had been said so far. It must of been the mention of Ashin that brought the tears, and yet while she would of easily offered a hand of comfort, there wasn't much she could do for them.
"Don't cry for them, they're in a much better place than this doomed world."
@[Azaneen]

Messages In This Thread
and life loved death - by Verlaine - 02-01-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: and life loved death - by Azaneen - 02-02-2015, 08:25 PM
RE: and life loved death - by Verlaine - 02-08-2015, 05:29 PM
RE: and life loved death - by Azaneen - 02-11-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: and life loved death - by Verlaine - 02-16-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: and life loved death - by Azaneen - 02-18-2015, 05:08 PM
RE: and life loved death - by Verlaine - 02-28-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: and life loved death - by Azaneen - 03-01-2015, 12:48 AM