the Rift

[OPEN] focusing on sunshine

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
the three muskateers
Motherhood was a role that Alysanne took to readily, even one that had been sparked in deception. But despite that, despite the ever-present feeling of sickness over what she had gotten herself into, she couldn’t help but feel a touch of excitement. For her, foals need not be born in love - they could be born out of friendship, born of mutual desire to start a family. The more foals in her life the better, she believed, so long as both parties were willing.

So perhaps, though she did not love Miykael as she pretended to, this was not so terrible of a thing. He was family, after all!

She wondered if she would be a better mother to this foal than she had her first born. Ever since she had brought the idea up with Mikey, she had wondered about Arty. How could she start another family after failing to maintain the one she already had? One father missing, wandering the world with his brother - who knows when or if he’ll return (and bring back that piece of her heart with him) - and now another.

Having told the good news to this foal’s father, Alysanne figured it might be time to see if any of her friends were about. Kahlua might not be completely overjoyed at the thought of a foal but she’d be happy nonetheless and Brisa would certainly be supportive. Neither of them could know about her deceit, not yet, but they could still be told about the happier part of the news! She could do that, focus on the good bits. Pretend like this was as wonderful of a pregnancy as it should rightfully be - as if she were as wholeheartedly thrilled with the turn of events as Mikey was.

Luckily, there was enough joy for her to draw on that pretending wouldn’t be too hard. The first thing she had to do was stop thinking all the negative thoughts and just go about as she normally would! Focus on the happy things, there were certainly enough of them... right?

After all, it was a rather luxuriously warm day, perfect for a stroll or a nap underneath the sun, and Alysanne chose the latter. Her wings settled more uncomfortably at her sides now that she was beginning to show (read: she was quite fat), but there really wasn’t anything else she could do with them as she walked around. She could only hope that she’d spot a friendly face and allow them to distract her from the discomfort!
Image Credit to Sarah
Table by Sevin

rambling open post for any! preggers Aly getting out and about before she pops. @[Brisa] and @[Kahlua] maybe if you have the time? ;)
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Time seemed to disappear without any recollection as to how she had wound up here in the first place. It had almost been a year since she had given birth to her two beautiful colts and given up everything to care for them. Their existence had been a complete surprise to her back then and not one that she ever thought would have been as joyous as it had. The twins had been a product of betrayal and pain that had left her raising them alone without any type of father figure for them to look up to. The topic was still at times a little touchy but she was slowly getting through the anger and learning to accept things for how they were. No matter how she tried there was no possible way to change the past so looking to the future was the only option left. Having suffered through the pain of losing Levex a couple months ago her heart had definitely taken more than her fair share of beatings but yet here she was battered and broken but better than she had been only a year prior. Aeolus had helped her to move forward and she had been able to experience him growing up before her eyes. Sometimes she wished that there was a way to rewind the time to keep him young forever but life moved on and there was no stopping it.

Batting away a couple flies that had dared to bother her the grey mare grazed peacefully as the sun beat down overhead. She hated to admit it but she was going to miss being a mother when it came time for Aeolus to move on. Yes it had many flaws but she had grown to enjoy each of the experiences over time. The pregnancy part was still unnerving and strange but other than that it was something she would do again in a heartbeat if she ever found someone who would care enough to let it happen. If there ever was a next time it sure as hell better be with a stallion who would be their for his child to help raise them. She was done with deadbeat morons who denied any responsibility and ran for the hills at the first sign of anything serious.

Lifting her head as the sound of hoofbeats sounded she looked up to see Alysanne a little ways off. Something looked different about her friend but she couldn't seem to place it. Something in her step perhaps? Letting the thought slide she nickered kindly to catch Aly's attention as she moved forward to greet her. It had been awhile since she had been able to converse with her dear friend and she sure did need some girl time.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Alysanne] •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
If Alysanne was a natural mother, Kahlua was anything but. With her belly wide and her steps somewhat slower than normal she felt as entirely awkward as any one horse could be. She was slow, burdened, vulnerable. Not that she had many enemies, or reasons to be worried, but it was the very idea. She had felt drained and exhausted when she hadn’t been pregnant, running around the whole of Helovia, trying to keep her herd healthy and happy- trying to make sure that home would always be home. She couldn’t do anything now- except waddle.

Then, there was that other ever-pressing issue of the moon goddess being banished here to the Edge. Truth be told, the queen hadn’t seen her yet, but that didn’t mean that time wouldn’t come. Someday, the Lady Moon was going to cross Kahlua’s path here in the Edge, and someday Kahlua was not going to know what to do and break down into tears and sob until she found some solution. Or, alternately, she would fall under the spell of the goddess’ whispers and forget that the Lady Moon had caused death. So much death.

As for the foal… in some ways, the queen hoped it would stay inside of her forever. True, it would be uncomfortable, but at least that way she wouldn’t be saddled with responsibility that she dare not even think about. Raising it? Teaching it? What did she know about being a god’s child? What did she know about being a child at all? How long ago had she been young? Did she even remember? Of course, even if she did remember… it’s not like they would have been normal childhood memories. There was nothing normal about her childhood.

At least she didn’t have to think about it- in the distance, she saw friends! Waddling as fast as she could make her body go, whinnying happily at seeing the two together, she threw out her nose and greeted them brilliantly. Touching, breathing, lipping at their manes where she could reach. It was easy to be happy, to forget for a little while, while she was in their presence. “I always miss you two too much.”

@[Alysanne]
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Azaneen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A z a n e e n
but oh my dear
a guardian angel
is always near

Oh my heart, or the shattered remains of what was once a heart, stabs at me like glass. Tears constantly threatened to reveal themselves and once again I was left lonely. Given company and a reason to live by Kaj in the Threshold but depression feed upon the lonely nights one walked with their own drowning thoughts. So throughout this night, I searched hopelessly for his company. Begging myself to hang on a little longer.

Though as I found myself upon the rocky edge that fell to the battering oceans below, I was tempted. Tempted by this dark feeling. As if I had no control of my own actions, my judgment poor. To jump or not to jump. To die or to live. To relieve this pain or stagger on bleeding.

For hours I stood there, tears streaming from my golden globes, long hair whipping in the wind. Until the great ball of fire began to emerge. As my golden glow began to become invisible in the light of the day. I still never parted from that edge. I still never completely convinced myself to stay here, perhaps the only reason I had not jumped was the wandering images of Kaj's face through my memory.

To that man, I owe my life. For if he was not there that night, I would have let my soul leap from my carcass and never return. I was oh so tired of holding on and oh so weak, so malnourished. I was nothing but bones that gleamed in the middle of the night.

One golden hoof began to take a weak step forward, closer to that edge.

---------

Closer to the death that entangled her mind, to the blackness that refused to let her heart mend it self, to the idea of no suffering beyond the realms of this life she lived.

The next hoof followed.

And the next.

Then one more.

Azaneen stopped just before the drop. Unable to push herself any further. The pain was great but there was fear far greater. Fear that her thoughts were wrong. That her belief in what was beyond this life was not real. That to leave her body she would dance in blackness forever. There may not be an afterlife of golden fields like the stories her family had always told her.

A final tear slowly formed, dripping from her lid in complete emptiness.

One hoof moved backwards.

And the rest followed in motion.

Leading her to circle backwards and put that leap behind her. To push away the thought of removing herself. Onward she moved, with a slow dance, ungraceful and still unwell. Sickly muscles refused to hold her head high, her maw hovered just above the grass that sprouted. Silently she called for someone. Closing her lids just to see the faces that haunted her behind every closed door. Ashin's dying words still reverberated against her skull.

For saving her, Azaneen could not, but she will always blame herself for letting the girl die. Always and forever.

The black mare walked not far from the trio ahead of her. Lingering in silent sorrow. Nimble limbs that begged to stop for a break, though she pushed on. Without acknowledgement (for she had not even noticed them) the golden littered girl traversed onwards beside the trio. Not far off. She was well noticeable but for their bodies were never seen in Azaneens depressive eyes, blind with the images of all her family. All the destruction, the flee, everything..

[ooc- Azaneen is still quite malnourished, her bones are not as visible as they were the day in the Threshold with Kaj, but they are there and it is easily noticed she is not in good health. I also switched different view points of writing just to see which one I could flow better with, sorry for any confusion.]
Kahlua | Alysanne | Brisa - let me know if you wish not to be tagged next time. :) (tags removed to edit)
image credits
- table by Niki -

the three muskateers
“Brisa!” The sight of the white mare was met with a rush of enthusiasm and just moments later, another followed suit. “Kahlua!” Just who she had wanted to see. Already she could feel her heart lightened by their presence, so powerful the relief that a swell of tears threatened to overflow. Oh those pesky hormones. Alysanne shook them away and refused to let them pester again on what was going to be a happy occasion.

The names of her friends alerted Hemlock, who distinctly remembered Kahlua had a blue dragon that was almost as bad as Resplendence’s, and he abandoned his hunt and came zooming towards the group. Hooting delightedly, for he had grown being spoiled with warm thoughts about these mares from Aly, he circled them both and tugged at manes in greeting before settling contently in his normal roost upon his bonded’s head.

She accepted the warm greetings from Kahlua with joy and added her own to the mix, relishing the familiar scents of her friends and “Oh, I’ve missed you two so much. And it looks like we’ve got some stories to tell!” She motioned with a light laugh towards Kahlua’s swollen sides before lifting her wings - revealing her own.

But just then, she noticed another near by - drifting but not joining in their party. It wasn’t a mare that Alysanne remembered seeing before and after casting a worrisome glance at Brisa and Kahlua she called out. “Hello there, dear!” Her whicker was a welcome to this stranger, encouraging her to join them. For though she was always happy to spend as much time with her two best friends as possible there was always room for another. Alysanne’s natural mothering instincts had been heightened since the pregnancy, downright making her want to beg Kaj and Kahlua to keep everyone inside the Edge so that they’d stay safe and she could stop worrying about them all. What if someone went off and broke a leg and neither her nor Resplendence were there to help them?

And now, this skinny mare looked as though she was going to fall right over and Alysanne felt a jolt of fear go right through her and Hemlock did his best to send soothing thoughts through their connection, encouraging her not to get worked up.

Well she couldn’t just stand around. She “quickly” waddled over towards the golden stranger and unfurled her wings just slightly, following up her vocal encouragement to join them with a gentle physical one. The best cure for a dose of sorrow was some good company, was it not? And the three musketeers were the best company anyone could ask for! A gentle smile mingled with the concern on her face, searching for signs of something that she might be able to help with. “I'm Alysanne and these are my friends, Brisa and Kahlua." She nodded to each of the mares in turn before focusing back on the stranger. There didn't seem to be any point in asking if anything was wrong, the signs were certainly there, and maybe what the golden mare needed was a distraction. That made sense, right? "What's your name?"

@[Brisa]
Image Credit to Sarah
Table by Sevin
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

The thought of being together with her friends was enough to chase away any of the negative thoughts that had been running through her mind. Extending her nose to Aly and laughing as Hemlock swooped down to be social for once she was estatic by the time Kahlua arrived on scene. Glancing back and forth between the two of them with astonishment she smiled. Well at least it wasn't her that had gone and gotten herself knocked up this time around. "Just a few stories I would think." She chipped in happily eagerly awaiting to hear the news of how all this came to be. Who would the fathers be? Not that it really mattered one way or another but it was still fascinating. There was no doubt in her mind that both her friends would make excellent mothers, certainly better than she was. Kahlua had never seemed to be all that interested in children but it was funny how things changed over time and somethings were just meant to happen.

Whenever the babies arrived she wanted to meet them and now that she was a crafter maybe she could make them presents! Guess she had really taken to this whole mother aspect a lot more than she had thought. Only this time she did not have to experience the dreadful pain she could just steal them whenever she needed a baby fix.

When the focus of their joyous greetings wavered to someone else she turned her head to find another mare a little ways from them. In a lot of ways it was like looking at a ghost of herself not all that long ago. Her heart went out to the poor girl for her story would likely be one filled with pain and heartbreak. While she had not fully recovered herself it was a daily struggle to put one hoof in front of the other. If you looked beyond the mare's pained exterior you could see the lonely soul staring back at you as if imprisoned in the shell of her battered frame. "Hello." Nodding politely as Aly made the introductions she moved herself over so Kahlua could join them if she wanted. It was hard to make herself stand back and not immediately try and get the mare to eat something but if she was in a condition like she had been it would take time. Offering her muzzle in greeting she smiled warmly hoping to try and reach out to her.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: Kahlua, Alysanne, Azaneen•• NOTES: ••

-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
Had the queen known the way Azaneen drifted nearer the edge of those cliffs, the way she dreamed of throwing her body beyond the last final stretches of ground where it could fall through the air towards churning waves, the way she could let gravity decide her fate as she smashed on the rocks below, she might have cried out NO! Memories of Antheia, whose own black and white body went tumbling over the cliff, might have been brought forth in her mind, bringing back darkness and depression, a new sadness that was not related to bearing a child she did not wish to. But she did not know how close Azaneen stood, how near her thoughts were to death, and so she went on with her own worries, moping about in her own head.

Overhead, Khan flew, watching the action but rather enjoying the way the wind felt through his feathers. Perhaps, if he grew hungry, he would dip below to tree-line to try and catch hold of the owlet that Alysanne carried. Or perhaps not, he considered, as the thought of dealing with more of Kahlua’s tears took hold.

As for that owlet, Kahlua whickered happily in greeting as he pulled at her mane for a moment, doing her best to hold onto that moment rather than Aly’s words. Stories to tell indeed, though Kahlua’s were not happy ones in her mind. However, with the movement of Aly’s wings, Kahlua couldn’t help but smile wider- she could be happy for Aly, even if not for herself. And- it seemed for the moment, she would not have to share her story. Happy days!

Following Aly’s waddle, Kahlua called out a hello as well, bobbing her head as Aly introduced her, thanking the Gods that the Moon Doctor hadn’t bothered to call her queen. It was all so formal, and too many people treated her differently when they knew. She was happy, for now, to be just plain Kahlua. “Aly was just going to tell us the story of her foal,” she suggested with laughter and a wink to the painted pegasus. “You should stick around, and join us!” Besides, Kahlua had not drifted away from her pre-formed group of friends lately. It would be good for her to get to know some of the other members of her herd.

@[Azaneen]
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Azaneen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A z a n e e n
an angel who's afraid of the light
her halo is broken
but there is fight in her eyes

On and on.

On and on.

Oh the memories. Oh the ache.

Why must it feel this way? Why can't she move forward? Why can't happiness come back to her?

The questions were there. Constantly revolving around a circle of darkness. The same darkness that dimmed her bright golden eyes. The one that failed to let her eyes see the strangers that seen her.

Though her eyes failed to catch them, her ears were quick to feel the vibrations of a call. A welcoming nicker that brought her wandering attention to a crashing halt. Slow legs came to a stop. Ash stained neck came to raise her maw far above the ground it was just inches away from. To follow the raise she turned slightly to her right to watch a painted pegasus walk towards her.

And next came the other two.

Curiosity came to write itself upon her face, climbing through that saddened stare that seemed to be permanent.

The painted mare asked of Azaneen her name after introducing herself and the two following her footsteps. Kindness was a beautiful thing and to be treated so without them knowing her, lightened the black mares heart. Though the smile she tried to press across her lips was more than fake, it was there and she tried, "It is a pleasure to meet you ladies." gently cooing to each one of them. Her eyes moving from one figure to the next before coming back to the pegasus. "I am Azaneen."

Focus was then taken to the equine that bared colors of black and white, Kahlua. "I would be more than happy to listen." pausing to look at Alysanne, then to Brisa.

Could it be friends she will make today? Friends that will help bring her from the depths of hell.

Only time will tell.

[ooc- late. crap. ugh. sorry. waddling mommies = eeep!! much cuteness]
@[Alysanne]

image credits
- table by Niki -

the three muskateers
Alysanne didn’t miss the way that Kahlua mentioned only one story, but she didn’t mind in the slightest. Whatever reason her painted friend’s reason for not jumping immediately to share the news of her pregnancy, Aly wouldn’t do her the disfavour of trying to dredge up the information. No, if and when Kahlua ever felt like sharing Aly would be here but she would not press the matter beforehand. So she’d tell them her story. Not the real one, of course, but a story. A happy story.

They could all use one, couldn’t they?

She wanted to tell them the truth, wanted to confess, but she feared their reactions. The two that she trusted most in this world and she couldn’t even tell them this secret. It wouldn’t even matter that she had only just met Azaneen - Alysanne wasn’t one to be shy about personal details around new friends - but this was different. So different.

Their new friend introduced herself and everyone welcomed her into the group just as she thought they would. “Wonderful to meet you as well, Azaneen!” She smiled warmly at the gold dusted mare before settling in and thinking about where to start.

“It’s Miykael’s - Mikey’s.” Kahlua and Brisa likely knew him, if only by face, “My best friend.” She clarified for Azaneen. “He… in the caves. I don’t know if I told you guys.” She had meant to, but how do you tell these stories? “But while he was a wraith he told me he loved me and I… I didn’t return the feelings. It caused a big rift in our friendship. But I spent a lot of time thinking about it. He was so hurt when I turned him down and I knew I just had to make things right. It nagged at me, you know, why I didn’t think I loved him the way he loved me. He’s been nothing but sweet to me, he saved me once before and has looked after me ever since. And then Hemlock…” The little owl bristled at this connection to him, feeling as though it was his fault that Alysanne was in the situation she was in now. “I found out that Hemlock’s species is one of the shapes that Mikey used to be able to shift into. It felt like a sign.” She ducked her head bashfully, ignoring the guilt that was twisting her stomach into knots. A warm smile brightened up those emerald green eyes as she lifted her head again. “I realized I loved him too, that I hadn’t been right to turn him down.”

Maybe it wasn’t the most interesting story in the world but it was just going to have to do. “Listen to me, all gushy!” Laughter again, she needed the laughter. She wanted to be nothing more than a silly mare in love. “But I'm so glad to get to be a mother again, I've missed it. I just hope that I'll be better at it this time around...”

@[Brisa]
Image Credit to Sarah
Table by Sevin
made by the lovely tamme

It was always interesting to meet newcomers and figure out their stories of how they came to be. Granted not everything could be easily discovered but she was alright be with that knowing how hard somethings could be to tell others of. Up to this point there were only three people that knew of her story before she had come to live here in Helovia and two were standing beside her. If not for them she would have likely wandered down a very different path leading who knows where. If she had to guess, it would have likely been to her untimely death. No one really needed to know that much though or else them might think of her as crazier than she actually was.

Nodding along happily to both Azaneen and Kahlua's comments she remained quiet satisfied to just listen instead of adding her voice into the mixture. Aly began to tell her story of how she had become to look like a house and she couldn't help but think it was adorable. She had heard of Mikey and met him once or twice in the past and from what she recalled he had been a rather decent individual. She was so happy for her friend to be able to realize that she did in the end actually love him as much as he did her. At least if she couldn't live happily the two people who meant the most to her could. " Awe thats so cute! You will be a perfect mother that any child would be lucky to have." She commented with a bright happy smile. She was wanting to be supportive to her dear friend and thankfully it was such an easy job. The entire time she had know Aly, she had always been so kind and caring, it was so great that she was getting to be a mother all over again. If she had pegged anyone for mother of the year it would easily be her.

Her pregnancy had not been full of happiness and joy so seeing both her two friends so happy with theirs made her day that much better. At least their babies would have their father's in their lives to be there and support them. " I'm so happy for both of you. Kahlua I believe its your turn to spill." She commented nudging her muzzle against her neck playfully.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: Alysanne, Kahlua, Azaneen •• NOTES: Sorry post is kinda crappy :s ••