the Rift

[OPEN] focusing on sunshine

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
the three muskateers
Alysanne didn’t miss the way that Kahlua mentioned only one story, but she didn’t mind in the slightest. Whatever reason her painted friend’s reason for not jumping immediately to share the news of her pregnancy, Aly wouldn’t do her the disfavour of trying to dredge up the information. No, if and when Kahlua ever felt like sharing Aly would be here but she would not press the matter beforehand. So she’d tell them her story. Not the real one, of course, but a story. A happy story.

They could all use one, couldn’t they?

She wanted to tell them the truth, wanted to confess, but she feared their reactions. The two that she trusted most in this world and she couldn’t even tell them this secret. It wouldn’t even matter that she had only just met Azaneen - Alysanne wasn’t one to be shy about personal details around new friends - but this was different. So different.

Their new friend introduced herself and everyone welcomed her into the group just as she thought they would. “Wonderful to meet you as well, Azaneen!” She smiled warmly at the gold dusted mare before settling in and thinking about where to start.

“It’s Miykael’s - Mikey’s.” Kahlua and Brisa likely knew him, if only by face, “My best friend.” She clarified for Azaneen. “He… in the caves. I don’t know if I told you guys.” She had meant to, but how do you tell these stories? “But while he was a wraith he told me he loved me and I… I didn’t return the feelings. It caused a big rift in our friendship. But I spent a lot of time thinking about it. He was so hurt when I turned him down and I knew I just had to make things right. It nagged at me, you know, why I didn’t think I loved him the way he loved me. He’s been nothing but sweet to me, he saved me once before and has looked after me ever since. And then Hemlock…” The little owl bristled at this connection to him, feeling as though it was his fault that Alysanne was in the situation she was in now. “I found out that Hemlock’s species is one of the shapes that Mikey used to be able to shift into. It felt like a sign.” She ducked her head bashfully, ignoring the guilt that was twisting her stomach into knots. A warm smile brightened up those emerald green eyes as she lifted her head again. “I realized I loved him too, that I hadn’t been right to turn him down.”

Maybe it wasn’t the most interesting story in the world but it was just going to have to do. “Listen to me, all gushy!” Laughter again, she needed the laughter. She wanted to be nothing more than a silly mare in love. “But I'm so glad to get to be a mother again, I've missed it. I just hope that I'll be better at it this time around...”

@[Brisa]
Image Credit to Sarah
Table by Sevin
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
focusing on sunshine - by Alysanne - 02-02-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: focusing on sunshine - by Brisa - 02-03-2015, 08:47 PM
RE: focusing on sunshine - by Kahlua - 02-04-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: focusing on sunshine - by Azaneen - 02-05-2015, 12:01 AM
RE: focusing on sunshine - by Alysanne - 02-08-2015, 09:54 AM
RE: focusing on sunshine - by Brisa - 02-08-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: focusing on sunshine - by Kahlua - 02-15-2015, 01:32 AM
RE: focusing on sunshine - by Azaneen - 02-16-2015, 05:08 PM
RE: focusing on sunshine - by Alysanne - 02-17-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: focusing on sunshine - by Brisa - 02-19-2015, 09:48 PM