the Rift

[OPEN] GET YOUR CAMERAS READY--IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I knew that this was a holy place, where people came to worship and pray and get drunk and rant on their birthdays because this was the god's place. Well, at leas this is where their shrines were, all surrounded by peaceful blue lava 'n shit. It was usually quiet and empty--or just serene with those who came with their offerings for whichever motherfuck they happened to be apostles toward that day. It was the perfect setting for divine grace, and maybe there were gonna be a few shmucks around, after all.

They better just buckle up.

"HIT THE DECK, MOTHERFUCKERS," I screamed, and the screaming was exhilarating and freeing, because it was what I was told to do, and I was doing my part and potentially screaming at other people in the process. Win-win, right? "TIME TO GET YOUR ASSES IN GEAR, LOSERS. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. TAKE YOUR PUNK ASS UP TO THE MEADOW AND RSVP 'N SHIT."

I took my job with a solemnness that would make any zealot proud. Bite me, but I was having too much fun with this.

@[Mauja]--*turns away in shame*

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

The chaos continued. All those that had hear the original cry and had scurried to do as ordered, were nor asked to abandon the safety for the sake of others. Öde's ears immediately set back at this, his lower lip drooping unappreciatively. If he had somehow managed to make it here, among the throng of dozens of other horses, how was anyone left behind? If they were left behind, didn't they deserve to be? "Like you!" the witch of his mother cawed, cackling like a raven in his thoughts.

He thought of the night he'd been desperately running at her heels, trying to keep up with her, but failing, and then falling, losing, vanishing into the darkness.

"We have to help!" he ordered to the brown filly, streaking past her after he aimed a mild nip to her flanks to rouse her into motion. He didn't know who he would warn, but he headed to the holiest place he knew of, where he figured his god might reside, ready to impart knowledge upon him.

Unfortunately the blue-tinged shrines were polluted with robust shrieks that sent Öde's ears back into his mane. He stepped up onto the plateau where she was hollering, shooting her a scowl. "Only the god's are hear to listen and there's no need to shout to them."

@[Vitani]

THE GLASS IS HALF EMPTY
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

"I suppose you're not listening, then," he remarked flippantly from where he was, black-rimmed ears turning this way and that upon his head. He didn't know what was going on. At all. Except that the Earth God seemed to think he was having a lot of fun, bending trees and forcing all of Helovia onto too small a space. And forcing you to pair up, like fuck, he didn't want that—didn't want others eyes burning into his back and wondering what he and Elding did behind closed doors when really, they did nothing because it wasn't like that.

But it was what it felt like. What it felt like others thought. What he was afraid they would think.

Of course, Kahlua had been there, but by the time he'd seen her, he'd already been asked, and agreed. And, Ophelia had been there too—with that black goat.

And now they were doing, what? Running around Helovia? Yelling? And this young, strapping fellow came sauntering up all like you don't have to shout and while Mauja definitely agreed (he was more of a talk-reasonably-and-quietly guy) he still felt inclined to side with Elding.

Just because, y'know, they were paired up to save Helovia or some such shit.

Something came into his eyes, a glimmer of sunshine in the blue, and.. geeze, he felt like blushing, or like running away to hide in fucking shame, but—

"GO FIND THE FUCKING BOAT!"

—he yelled to the holy sky and the much too reasonable colt, like, fuck him, but really, his heart was saying, fuck me, I'm terrified.

[ -rushes off to work - ]

angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Thank you, Lee,” I said loudly, hearing the roar emerge from Leos' throat. Call me juvenile, but it felt damn good for someone to have your back, even if you were possibly in the wrong. Not that I felt anything personal from Mr. Grimmdark over there (who was making my body crawl with something loose and cold, but I didn’t register it at the time), but dammit I was told to shout the news on every rooftop, and even if this rooftop was exclusively shrine-infested, I was gonna shout the news here too.

But we were told to return as well, as soon as we could. I looked up at Leos as I came to stand beside him, twisting my mouth into something with attitude so that the foolish grin wouldn’t spread across my face and make me look even more like an idiot. It felt like borrowed time with this guy--like any moment, he would realize some kind of bullshit and dip out on me, and there would be no one to blame for it, but me.

It was impressive how cool he stayed (see what I did there? Because the ice ‘n...whatever) despite the shouting. It was shocking, actually, how loudly he could shout--because he never seemed capable of it before now. I made to bump my shoulder into his--lightly, maybe a little hesitantly, but just enough to show I appreciated his help here, too. “....c’mon, Lee,” I murmured, just for Leos' ear, “Let’s hit the deck.” Because maybe Grimmdark was right, and this place was empty. And I like shouting, but that didn’t mean everyone had to.

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
With Sarabi on my back I raced after my partner. Momma and Daddy would have to just assume I'm alright for now. Life is strange, that in my short few months I've gone from exploring on my own, to now I'll never be alone again. I feel Sarabi pull on my mane. I know she's just trying to hang on. I'll have to find a way to carry her, at least until she's bigger and stronger.

I arrive as the other two leave. I do a quick look around the place as this is the one land I haven't been to yet. So of course I look to him to find out. What is this place? I only wait for him to answer before starting to head out too. We should keep moving, more to tell right? My hooves clicking against the rock on this almost shrine like place