Queens and Vagabonds [Soleil]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE

Who, in his mind,
has not probed the dark water?

He grinned wryly over her way of describing Terrador - and as much as he wanted to the stallion couldn't help but feel a slight tinge of satisfaction over how his former opponent had managed to loose the faith of this mare. Lace didn't know Soleil well, but it didn't take much looking to figure that she was quite the catch for any stallion - it would really take an egoistic mind to think that one could find better.

A faint breeze cooled the sun-kissed skin on his back. Black hooved legs carried him around slightly to allow the gentle embrace of the golden rays to fall over the shoulders, the whithers arching upwards almost unnoticeable from a faint sense of pleasure. He was itching to continue his exploration, but it was equally interesting to converse with this ghost from the past, who felt warm and real enough where she stood before him. Fajira listened quietly to their conversation and appeared to be dozing off in the beautiful day, the spade-tipped tail curling coyly against his side.

"It sounds like a dream" he mused out loud in response to her description of the Foothills. "Nothing like that would have been possible for long in Isilme, nor in many other places I've been to. I don't know what it is about the minds of our races, to judge so easily by appearance instead of more valuable aspects. Who cares whether you have horn and wings or not, really?" He shook his head in quiet exasperation over a mindset that he would never come to understand. It couldn't mean less to him whether someone was able to fly or carried a growth on their heads - it was all just appearance anyway. It made their battle tactics shift somewhat, but that was really it. No difference was made in how they loved, the wish for safety and home and a chance to enjoy each dawn without worry for the safety of yourself and those you loved. He would sooner start to look down on Fajira for having teeth and breathing fire - traits that he really found to be less charming about her even if it was handy in a pinch.

The White lifted her head slightly and gave him a soft warble in protest. This time it was his turn to just laugh and shrug it off, much like he laughed and waved off Soleil's talk about love and family with an amused fling of the head.

"I've never been much for that kind of relationship" he chuckles and grinned towards the younger mare with a faint glitter in the golden eyes. "Probably because I never stick around long enough to form any closer bonds. Fajira claims that there's something wrong with me though." He inclined the head towards the drowsy dragon on his back, the voice teasing in an attempt at engaging her into the conversation. The attempt fell flat however, as the winged lizards only reply was a slight pinch of his skin that made Lace flinch. Puzzled and increasingly annoyed by the odd behavior of his bonded, he shrugged it off and left her alone to sulk or whatever it was she was doing.

"I met a mare called Mirage upon arriving here" he continued, returning his attention to the gray lady with a thoughtful look. "She spoke about a group called the Qian, and half offered me to join up with them. Do you perhaps know any specifics about them?" Perhaps this was his chance to hear an outside opinion of the shadow mare and her collected family - so far the only thing he knew of was what she had told him, and the few points Paladin had mentioned upon their meeting. Lace was tempted to join them, tempted to follow the path of the black-and-gold dragon queen... But he needed to know more. Had to know more, so as not to race headfirst into something he wasn't prepared to handle.

Credits
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Queens and Vagabonds [Soleil] - by Lace - 09-13-2012, 11:24 AM
RE: Queens and Vagabonds [Soleil] - by Soleil - 09-13-2012, 11:53 AM
RE: Queens and Vagabonds [Soleil] - by Lace - 09-13-2012, 12:23 PM
RE: Queens and Vagabonds [Soleil] - by Soleil - 09-13-2012, 12:41 PM
RE: Queens and Vagabonds [Soleil] - by Lace - 09-13-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: Queens and Vagabonds [Soleil] - by Soleil - 09-15-2012, 12:43 AM