the Rift

[OPEN] !! 1961

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Nyx said that they had been working upon their talents in their absence. And, with a gentle look between mare and lion Res could only assume by talents she meant those relating to battle. There is a gentle smile across Res' maw as the mare says they were eager to dedicate their lives to the Edge and do all they could to become the finest warrior.

Alas, Res did not think to warn of the glass that was scattered across the ground. She had gotten so used to it lately that she didn't even have to think much about where she stepped. It was the sound of a horrid yelp that had her spinning around, watching as the grey mare shoots toward her lion who has dropped his bone and is now limping a few steps. As he drops to his hindquarters with a hiss Res pulls herself forward to try and get a closer look at what is happening.

It is words of awe that fall from Nyx's lips as she says something about the wall, asking what had happened to it to make it shatter. "We don't know… when we came back to the caves it was in ruins. It has been this way for seasons - I believe the crafters have slowly been working on removing the remains and using it for other things," she tries to explain before inching in closer as Nyx sniffs at the piece of glass only to turn back to Res.

Res ear flickers backward in uncertainty as she calls for Valiance. Within moments he has descended back from the sky and lands upon the ground right next to Dominus. "Please don't snap at him - he's going to pull it out, and then I'll heal it," Res explains, a tinge of sadness upon her tone. It is only after the warning and a few clicks from Valiance that he scuttles forward, snagging the glass in his talons and then wiggling it free until he thinks he has a good enough grip. Once certain he does he gives it a big yank, his body shooting backwards, wings spread out to dull the blow and slow his landing, though he still scrapes his back across the ground. Res winces, a few of his feathers now strewn across the soil and mixing in with the glass shards and the twigs.

It is only when Valiance moves that Res calls upon the mist magic she had grown so used to but only recently been given back. Shadows crawl from the ground, mixing with the mists and then wrapping around Dominus' paw. It looks as though it shrinks, to fit him like a glove, before it all trails into the wound. Carefully, it reknits his flesh before rushing out, and disappearing as if it were evaporating back into the mists that clung around them. "I'm sorry I didn't warn you earlier. It's been so long I forgot that you hadn't been back to see the destruction."

There is a pause as Res shuffles her weight. "It might be best if you follow my steps until we get Valiance lands again," she explains as Valiance takes to the air, letting out a puff of smoke in agitation with the fact he just went flying by pulling out a piece of glass. But, before he starts to take the lead, he carefully drops the blood covered piece in front of Nyx, to keep if she so wished. "Kaj and Archibald are the Kings, Kahlua is the Queen," Res starts to explain, "and we now have three leaders, which is a little strange. I'm not quite certain who is in charge of the warriors anymore - though I'm certain Kaj or Archibald could fill you in. I'm going back towards my garden. If we don't see them on the way there, then we can look for them just after - I need to check on a few herbs and make sure they didn't die yet."

Hopefully the grey mare would be fine with that, though Res knew she would do all she could to help Nyx regardless. She was, after all, a part of her family.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! 1961 - by Resplendence - 02-02-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: !! 1961 - by Nyx - 02-03-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: !! 1961 - by Resplendence - 02-04-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: !! 1961 - by Resplendence - 02-06-2015, 08:39 PM
RE: !! 1961 - by Archibald - 02-06-2015, 11:13 PM
RE: !! 1961 - by Nyx - 02-14-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: !! 1961 - by Resplendence - 02-24-2015, 12:00 AM