the Rift

[OPEN] !! 1961

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

The beastly king and his ever-faithful companion, once more, moved through the depths of the forest in perfect rhythm. They were finished patrolling the borders for the day, and they found their day quite uneventful, save for running a large-pawed lynx away from the heart of his territory. The feline was awfully desperate to come hunting so far in, when game was so strong and abundant in the growing Tallsun. The Dauntless had intended to kill the cat, but chasing it out of the herdland and hearing the sound of pain it had made when his steel-wrapped hoof came in contact with it's hip solidified in his mind that the lynx would not be returning.

Loretta's tongue lolled from her cage-like jaws, and her keen nose twitched as it picked up a familiar scent. Nyx here. She gave over their mental bond, ears perking up and forward. Archibald turned his shoulders to follow the scent, his ears catching the voices in the distance. Many seasons had passed since he had been acquainted with the steely mare, and he wondered what she was doing in his forest. His jaw set and his face hardened as he slowed his pace, stepping out of the treeline behind the two mares as they conversed together. Archibald cleared his throat, to announce his presence, but it was not completely necessary. He shook the ground with his titan frame, the earth bending in submission to his very existence.

Archibald lifted a brow, simply, hearing the very edge of Resplendence's words. So, Nyx wanted to be in his army, serve his herd as one of his warriors. "Nyx, welcome." Archibald's voice is stoic, golden eyes straight on and unmoved. Loretta's eyes danced towards the white lion, and her amber optics narrow some. The girl who is so afraid of me gets a lion. I bet that was a fucking joy for her. There is a sarcastic chuckle laced throughout Loretta's words, and Archibald lets a bellowing laugh caw through their bond. He conveyed nothing, however, except stoic authority as he continued to speak to the steely mare. "You have prowess in battle, that is something I know personally. I expect my warriors to strive for their best and I do not accept failure." The behemoth did not feel he had to question her understanding of his words like he had Alysanne's son. Nyx was competent, and he knew she would work hard.

Archibald the Dauntless

I Am a Stone, Unaffected
Rain Hell Down Onto Me
Flesh and Bone, Unaffected
Your Fool I Will Not Be

image credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread