the Rift

[OPEN] Rare Is This Love

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier && Suli

As the fire crackled to life and began to give off ample heat, I stood close by, allowing the warmth to soak into old, weathered joints. Beneath me I cocked a hind leg, shifting my weight and dropping my head. It had been too long since I'd simply given myself a night to relax, and over the recent weeks, my constant patrolling had begun to take its toll.

But just as my mind was contemplating giving in to glorious sleep, a familiar voice stirred me back to wakefulness. Replacing my weight back onto all four hooves, I lifted my head and craned my neck to look at who had come to join us, bister eyes softening at the sight of the grey mare I'd welcomed into our folds so long ago. A genial smile tugged upwards at the corners of my lips.

"Brisa," I spoke her name in welcome, and as she drew closer, I accepted her muzzle against my own, bumping them briefly together in familial greeting before I withdrew, "It is good to see you well, sister. How have you been?" At her question, my mouth opened and made to answer, but before I could, I was cut off by yet another voice.

I was in dismal to realize I couldn't quite recall the painted mare's name, though I did know she served the herd as Moon Doctor and had seen her on many occasions before, the most prominent being during Resplendence's horrific bout of nightmares. Thankfully, she wastes little time in reminding me of her name; oh, yes, Alysanne.

"It is good to see you both again," I speak, extending my muzzle to the winged mare just as I had with Brisa, before my focus returns to that of the newfound egg. Like a proud father, my smile lengthened as I directed my gaze down at the green dragoness who sat quietly upon the egg, peering up at the three of us with purple eyes glinting against the fire. "Suli found it near the stream, about to fall in. The egg was cold and I feared it might already be too late, but Suli assures me the child should be fine with proper care from here on out."

talk talk talk

image credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Rare Is This Love - by Destrier - 02-03-2015, 10:38 PM
RE: Rare Is This Love - by Brisa - 02-03-2015, 11:17 PM
RE: Rare Is This Love - by Alysanne - 02-08-2015, 08:48 PM
RE: Rare Is This Love - by Destrier - 02-15-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: Rare Is This Love - by Brisa - 02-15-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: Rare Is This Love - by Alysanne - 02-18-2015, 05:31 PM