Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
temper our souls with flame and furnace
bear us toward a noble purpose
</style>

It was time! The last sunset of Birdsong had faded hours before, but it seemed that little in the desert slept that night. The oasis that was the hub of all life in Dragon’s Throat was full of voices, an excited buzzing as the night crept on, drawing Tallsun nearer with every moment. The heat of the sunny season was already being hinted at in the warm night an in spite of the buzzing of its denizens, the desert around them lay still, waiting, waiting…

The past days had been a flurry of activity, all in preparation for the Season of the Sun Celebration, and the bay warrior and thrown herself into them with every bit of gusto she could muster. Holes had been dug, bonfires built, food and fun a life had all been heaped upon their home in abundance and the herd was ready to celebrate. If ever there was a time of celebration, it was now, the change of season meant not only a shift in the weather, but it would mark, truly, the end of a reign of darkness in Helovia.

In the first few days after the Goddess’ fall, the little warrior had still been plagued with doubt and horrible frustration. How were they to move on? How could they continue with their lives when their herd, their family had been so deeply affected? These questions had turned over and over in her mind. The herd meeting had helped to ease those fears. Even more, her spar on the beach had taken the edge from the warrior's mind and given her an outlet for the pent up rage. She had returned home ready to shelter and be sheltered by the embrace of friends. Frostfall and Bridsong had been marred by murder and pain, suspicion and anger, perhaps now in Tallsun they could all begin to heal.

Morning was not far now.

Meg had been one of the first to gather at the Dragon’s Blood Tree, this was the heart of their home and here the herd would welcome the first sunrise. The hours passed and more came: bodies pressed, friends were greeted, embraces shared, until it seemed the whole herd was gathered there. Someone lit the bonfires set in trenches she herself had helped to dig. From the air, the scattered dancing lights would take the shape of burning sun. Megaera moved about, greeting those she knew meeting others, her jovial-self returning where the past few weeks had seen only her fury and fear. Now, she had a quick and comradely smile for all and with each passing minute it became harder and harder to contain her excitement.

There it was, the pale glow just beneath the eastern horizon that heralded the coming of the dawn. The mare moved fast, in a flash, she was at the center of the crowd, nudging those around her to make a small clearing in the center. When she’d made her space, Megaera let out a sharp whistle calling for her family’s attention then waited for the hush to descend on the crowd.

“Well met, my friends! We are come to greet the morning and the season that it brings. In the past months, we have walked in darkness but as long as there is Dragon’s Throat no darkness shall endure. I thank the Sun for each of you and count myself as blessed to be included in your number.” When she spoke, her voice was clear and strong as the light that burned inside of her. Her dark eyes found each precious face and pride in her home filled her; with every word her conviction grew. She moved, turning to face northwards and lifting her great wings high and straight in salute and her ritual began.

“To the North we give our thanks to the aurora,
A glowing heaven’s dance to warm the dark.”

A fractional pause and she pivoted, turning towards the south with the same salute.

“To the South we give our thanks to shining starlight,
The sentinels of twilight hour’s hope.”

A half turn towards the west and a third salute.

“To the West we give our thanks to the setting sun,
In remembrance of the glories that have passed.”

Finally, Megaera turned toward the east, where the sun was about to break over the horizon.

“Dawn will rise and all that’s torn asunder set to right,
With this morn’ Tallsun is come and here we hail its might.
To the East we give our praise and sink to bended knee,
By all the days that ever were and those still yet to be!”

It was, all of it, a poem and a prayer. All her hope and all her fire set in words to greet the dawn. Her final words ended on a swell of passion, ringing clear across the oasis. The bold arc of her neck flung her dark crowned head skywards in a glorious shout, a victory cry, and as the first ray of the sun peaked over the horizon, she seemed to ignite. Her body glowed, and then seemed to be swallowed by the light that burst out of her, aimed upward and shooting into the sky, a beacon, a pillar of pure sunlight that could be seen for miles. For a handful of seconds, she blazed before the light pulled back and fall back into the little warrior who laughed in unadulterated delight.

Tallsun had come.

Image Credits

OOC: PARTY TIME!!!!!!
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

You're all that still matters

She'd been out of order the days before, restless and uncomfortable, closer to the oasis and the location of the festival to ensure that all went well. Sleep finally convinced her to rest, and the day before was spent calming her nerves. Once awake at dusk, she adorned herself in the scent of Primroses after a long bathe, and set forth the final preparations of the party.
Dawn crept in with a painstakingly slow pace. She stood with the others and attempted to relieve herself of the stress and fear that something could go wrong. Deep blue hues, indigos if you insist, tinted the eastern horizon, the oasis reflecting the last of Birdsong's twinkling lights. She turns towards one of the bonfires and breathes, pushing outwards a white flame that knows not how to generate destruction but resurrection. A spark trickles from the heap of dry brush and ignites to a flame that mixes her champagne in a dancing light of oranges and reds. Her horn's light pales in comparsion of the one before her.
Meg pulls the attention of the small crowd towards herself, Sikeax loyally joining her family within the gathering. Words soothe her tense air. Their meaning strikes a point in the depths of her chest, and for once in a long, long time, a real smile crosses her young features. She is truly at home with the herd in the Dragon's Throat, and when in the past she had been so distant with those that occupied a home with her, those that stood with her finally had meaning. They were what she had with the Assassins as a child, even if they couldn't fill the holes in her heart that was left behind when her birth family fell down to the heavy hand of death.
Her will and risk had paid off in the end.
Light bursts throughout the immediate area within seconds, signalling the beginning of Tallsun, of prosperity, of life, of the time of the Sun God in all of his glory. As the crowd breaks apart to move about the party, she moves herself into her own place within the action.

OOC: Gah, didn't know what to do with her just yet.
If anyone directly talks to her or attempts any type of contact(physical or vocal), please tag me!

notes notes notes notes

robb stark

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
ampere</style>
They needed this. What had just been a festival to honor their patron God, a party to uplift spirits and ignite prayer, was now something so much more. Following the darkness that concluded Birdsong, Tallsun had to shine all the more brilliant. It had to. Ampere looked for their brightness in the festival, the heralding of the first day. It offered an opportunity to be carefree, a breath of fresh air that they'd all been holding while the murders unfolded, and then abruptly exhausted when their Sultan was revealed as the culprit (of sorts). Their herd, their family, needed a chance to bond, and they could do that with something worthy to believe in, and delicious desert fruits.

Ampere watched through midnight, her gaze constantly leaping to the east where she anticipated the first tendrils of their fire god's golden hair to peek over the rim of the world. When the stars had turned int he sky and the moon began to wane, she turned her nose down to her son, waking him early...assuming he was truly sleeping. The entire herd was buzzing, the current almost audible as it buzzed through the desert winds. "It's time," she mumbled to @[Zèklè].

They moved through the sands with an anxious ease, tumbling like wild weeds amid the dunes of dragon scales. The blood tree spanned below, already alive with the bodies of the herd, and more still coming. It brought a smile to Ampere's lips; this was her family and nothing could vanquish them.

Patiently she awaited the dawn with the herd, head bowed and ears turned to listen and nod in agreement to Megaera's song of the sun. The warrior exploded in a pillar of light so blinding it startled Ampere, her feathers ruffling at her sides, and a laugh quipping out as she caught herself and resettled. The bonfires leapt into life, fire washing them all in a warm, welcoming glow. Her skin shivered at the sensation, remembering the Sun's touch, the vibrations of his whispers. It already felt like he was walking among them, his presence in the flames.

Overwhelmed with the glory of it all, Ampere stepped forward, her hooves shifting up the sand and her magic working it into blue sparks. They danced and hummed and whirled around her, swirling into a larger mass. It wasn't fire, but it gave light, and it burned in it's own way. She poured herself into her electricity, shaping the image of the Sun God into the pulsing lightning. She cast him to run through the herd, his might riding on the towers of his horns, the length of his wings, the size of his massive frame. When he finished his circuit he leapt into the sky, the sparks bursting back into free form before recollecting in an image of a sparkling sun. It too eventually faded into swirling dragons, three chasing each other in a circle and through the herd before dissipating into a shower of harmless sparks.

Breathless Ampere concluded, sweeping into an exaggerated bow towards the East.

[@[Megaera] mentioned.]
           I CAME HERE TO PARTY AND MESS SHIT UP.</style>

image credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gaucho's dark ears gently twitched with each syllable of Meg's poem. A proud and please smile tugged at his dark lips, and for the first time in a long while, the Sultan truly looked happy. He looked upon his mighty warrior with his own eyes now, and seeing her for himself after so long also made him smile. Her return had heralded so much good in his life, and he was thankful for that. For her.

Having seen her magical abilities in the past, the Wildfire did not balk as she seemingly exploded in a blast of pure light. Instead, his stormy eyes merely closed as he inhaled deeply. Gaucho's flaming wings spread slowly and easily from his flanks, allowing the light that burned from his fiery wings to add to the outstanding brightness caused by Meg. Beating his wings, Gaucho added an arc of fire - then another, and another - to the column of light. Fire bled from his antlers, int he form of two large dragon's composed of fire, who circled the bright spotlight. Their massive burning bodies cast light below, allowing shadows to filter back and forth among the light that they all had created. Again the dun closed his eyes. There was so much good here. They had accomplished so much together, and were the stronger for it.

Things finally seemed right. Almost, anyways.

He sensed Ampere's presence - had cast his thunderous gaze upon her - but said little. The tension between the two was as tangible as it had been before, a season past, but now its composition was different. He wasn't surprised. This stormfront was inevitable from the first day they had met by the Oasis, and yet some naive part of him had never expected the storm to ever arrive, as if they could somehow remain at the eye of it forever.

But this was not about he and the Blue. It was about the Sun God, the diety who had bestowed so many blessings and gifts upon the Dragon's Throat. Gaucho looked to the rising sun, swollen with appreciation and fealty. It was to the fiery diety that his allegiance was ultimately pledged. It was a bond that he would never break, never allow to be broken.

"Shekh yatholat. The sun has risen." The Wildfire rumbled deeply. "Praise the God of vorsa, vorsakh, and shekhikh. Of fire and flame and light."

Gaucho the Wildfire
If this is to end in fire
then we should all burn together.

Art by: schwartze @ DA
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

I had pleaded with Arvakl to bring Breccan and Tempe to the festival, to see the performances, to celebrate the first day of summer, and to meet their siblings. As Megeara began the prayer, I arched my neck and bowed my head, murmuring my own ode to Sun and Wind. I wished for my magic, so that I may add flair to the festivities as well, but I could settle for using my voice.

Ampere's magics were stunning, as were Gaucho's, the signature fire of the Sultan twisting around the column of blinding light, dragons of fire circling the air. It made me wonder how the hell I was to stack up to such, but I banished the thought. I was prince of song! Born and raised in a land of music, singing before I could speak! This was a chance to let them hear my voice, to hear my harmony and the rhythm of a land far away, a land so similar yet so different to this, desert to desert.

I take a breath, then step forward, wings unfurling and stretching out into the air, calling for silence, and when it was quiet enough, I began, my voice low, deep, as I began the song I had spent weeks pouring over.

"Gather all, sons and daughters of sky and earth
With whispers of ages past let us begin our rebirth
Let the heat of the Sun burn away old hurts
Let the fire melt the darkness that lurks

This day let wrongs be righted
This day let us all stand united
Together as one let us celebrate the Sun
Together let us fix what has been done"

I rear up, voice growing louder, rippling forth and wavering like fire, sharp and cracking through the morning air, the first morning of our patron's season.

"Fear not the dark and shadow my friends,
For the dawn shall always come
and cleanse away the fears and doubts,
When all seems black, when you feel 'naught but despair
Know that the Sun shall rise and always be there

For as long as the world turns
For as long as the sun burns
Darkness shall bend to the light
Bend to our God in all his might!"

My voice drops back down as I land back upon all fours, head bowed to the East and wings unfurled, standing completely vertical in the air.

"Praise the Sun, brothers and sisters!
Honour the Fire and Flame shine!
Praise our God, wondrous and divine
Honour His glory throughout time.

Praise the Sun God, Praise the King of Flame!

I finish, bending knee to the rising sun, wings outswept among the sand elegantly, before I straighten, backing up, my heart thudding with exhilaration. I had not sung like that for a long while, and it felt wonderful to manipulate my voice like so, to sing without fear of judgement and to sing praises to a God from the depths of my being.

My gaze flickers to Alija, Aakesh and Hertz, wondering what they thought of my performance. Of all the opinions here, none mattered more to me than what my sons thought of my song.

Bucephalus the Morningstar
My revolution carries me...
My revolution sets me free...
credits :: table

Pixel by Aud

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Code:
Rhoa
Like ships in the night

I stay at the back.

I am here, as duty dictates, to support Father and the herd and give praise to our God, but I'm really not up for a party.

Everyone here burns so brightly. Their magic, their souls...and then there is me. I feel like a smear of ash on white linen - just the dying embers of the fires that they have created. I am just my Father's son - I do not burn brightly as he does - I smolder. I am dying light.

I look at Father, praising the Sun's light. Has he forgotten how the Sun abandoned him? How in all of his majesty and grace he completely didn't even notice that Gaucho was the murderer ? Talk about omnipotence and omniscience. HAH. Did Father even think to ask his beloved deity where Mother and Ivezho where? No? Was it because he knew that the God wouldn't know? Or because he wouldn't help? I want to scream, to throw dust all over this celebration and choke out the light, but instead I just stand.

In the background. Like always.

"Praise the sun.." I mumble under my breath, in time with the chants of the others. I am nothing if not sensitive to the duties and responsibilities that come with my lineage.

How can I be happy without Ivezho? How can I be whole without Mother? I thought perhaps that I would grow accustomed to this feeling, that the hole inside of me would be filled, or perhaps simply ignored. But as time passed the ache within me seemed to only grow. Every day I woke with the expectation that today was the day. Today would be the day they would come home, and after day I went to bed disappointed, fueling and feeding the ache in my belly.

Looking around I feel that same sense of frustrated expectation. Everyone is celebrating, but their cheer seems hollow.

I just can't. Not with my family missing.

Image Credits

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

Taking early leave of his pre-dawn shift (permission granted, of course), Hector glided inland from the northern coast of his homeland. Eyes rummaged between the shadowy faces of gathering strangers and those he knew well alike, and he made haste towards the gravelly, sandy earth to join in the festivities which would undoubtedly begin at first light.

Tallsun was upon them, and he felt as though he could almost taste the flavour of the hot season; blistering, ferocious, magnificent, as he sucked a deep breath in through flaring nostrils. The atmosphere seemed alive with eclectic energy, the hum of expectation ripe, like nothing seen in these parts for many years. It was invigorating, exciting, and even the giant’s rigid stoicism fell victim to the infectious enthusiasm beneath.

Solid, dusty hooves collided with the baked desert rock at an artful gallop and as his weight piled down from above – powerful limbs began to slow the momentum generated by his landing. Flashing chestnut wings folded together loosely across rocking hips, and vivid feathers rippled and shimmered in the mellow hue of blue dawn. He strode between a swelling crowd, and offered chivalrous nods to those who gave him notice. Clever gaze swept carefully though discreetly between them, trying to discern their place of origin so he might better watch any visitors that were not held in high regard – what a perfect opportunity for spies to slip by unnoticed, than during an open door celebration.

Ahead Hector viewed the sharp canopy of Dragon’s Blood, the heart of Dragon’s Throat and beneath were gathered a few cherished faces. He paused by them briefly to salute and pay all respect to the Sun (this time was in his honour after all), and joined quietly their merriment as sunlight at last engulfed the region. All hail the Sun, he hummed reverently – not one for song and dance like it seemed were his comrades.

A wary eye passed by the gold flecked Chancellor before he stepped again away through the bodies, to continue his subtle patrol. As he went though, he came upon a familiar face (well her horn snared his attention), and with a small smile tickling the corners of wrinkled lips he approached.

"Sia..." he whispered to her along, breast rumbling tenderly. "As if the brilliance of this morning were not blessing enough. How are you?" Smouldering eyes danced fiercely between the soft hue of her pale blue eyes – they were lovely, enchanting, and he reached with baited breath to exchange breath should she allow it.

Words: 423
Tag: @[Sikeax]
Notes: -

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

VOODOO && OUIJA
"there's a shadow just behind me shrouding every step i take,
making every promise empty, pointing every finger at me."

You show up as a duo - as usual - with tangled and sun bleached hair causing thin streaks of sweat to drip down your long neck. Ouija panted uncomfortably, her ears twitching constantly while flies bit at the dark edges. Your tail arched, the thick curls drug down into loose rings, having the moisture pulled from them by the unforgiving sun. Silently you curse and your hand-me-down coloring and thank the remaining Gods that Ouija's coat won't soak in as much heat as your own.

The festivities had begun before you arrived, leaving you to feel intrusive and more awkward than usual. Bucephalus took the stage, singing a song devoted to his love for the Throat and the Sun God. Maroon nostrils flutter, the air fowl with smoke; empty eyes watched the happy faces from behind thick forelock, stopping when they landed on the quiet colt with an icy stare. Ouija continued past your chipped hooves, headed straight for the inviting pond and it's remaining shade below the thin trees.

Trying to remain unnoticed, you move along through the back of the gathering herd, trying not to make eye contact with too many of your distant "family members". Eventually you reach the yearling you had spotted and stop to his right side, glancing at his light legs before lifting your eyes to try and meet his. A shy smile lifts ruby lips, "Quite the show." you murmur before snapping your tail at swarming flies. With that, you allow your attention to be directed back to the Chancellor just as he finished his song.

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices'
Short post is short.
@[Rhoa]

image credits
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

You're all that still matters

The crowd breaks apart even more, spreading across the area and settling into their own acts and services to the Sun. Her personal ties to the Sun God are empty and useless; Sikeax see's him only as the patron of the Dragon's Throat and a great being, but without knowledge of him or even being aware of his existance, she has no need for worship.
It never was much of her thing anyway, but it was kind to show her respects at a party that she had worked to set up with the aid of her family members.
Her path leads her towards a smaller fire set off to the side. Orange hues bathe her features and flicker across them, dancing over the sand shades of her young body. All of their songs and prays fill her ears, eager to soothe any previous worries she might of had about the festivities. None came from the other herds to join their celebration, but possibly that was best. The presence of strangers would only encourage her need to part.
A warm voice greets her while she watches them from after, silently outcasting herself from the rest. She hasn't always fit into their culture, but from afar, their culture is pleasing enough to watch. Fitting in here completely would never happen with the lack of wings. Kri had been sure that the day she arrived at the borders that the lack of wings would forever seal her fate as an outcast within a herd's borders, regardless of whatever she did to set herself into their movements.
She greets him with a smile, happiness filling her eyes and beaming upwards to his tall form. Her relationship with Hector was somewhat flirtatious, but never amounted to anything serious. His words draw out a soft nicker from her while her muzzle reaches out to his. Air is gently blown towards him in greeting.
"Hector... It's good to see you again." If warmth and kindness had a sound, then it was what sound her words were making while speaking to him. He'd been missed in the time that she hadn't been able to speak to him on private terms. "I've been fine. Birdsong this year has been more than wonderful for myself. And you?"
Her muzzle moves back down to her level as words slip through their velvet gates. As if some old, practiced manuver, her soft hues drag themselves over every inch of his fiery body, admiring the colours that ignited themselves beside the flames, intertwining their palette with that of the coming dawn. "You look excedingly handsome tonight. Have you prepared yourself or do the flames really suit you this well?" The tease is followed with a short giggle, taunting him with a friendly show of affection.

@[Hector]

notes notes notes notes

robb stark

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed