[OPEN] Creating
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
It's not hard to live like a ghost.
I just haunt all that I wanted, and leave what I don't.</style>

[For @[Amani] and @[Sacre]. If @[Cera] wants to come too that's awesome! This is set ambiguously before Sacre leaves for the Basin because I thought this thread was already up. :/

Using our items and seasonal slots, I would like Amani and Sacre to make us 15 keys (If Cera comes, the keys he makes will be taken out of our items, not his seasonal slot).

Their questing was nearly complete.

Soon the precious few unicorns among them would travel North to the Basin to request some woven trinket from their weavers. The new alliance struck between the Throat and the Basin couldn't have come at a better time. Mischievously Gaucho wondered if Ophelia would ever think him clever enough to bargain a truce between them for the simple goal of completing their quest. The idea in truth had never crossed his mind, and he doubted it had hers. Whatever new found alliance - friendship that had begun to blossom was genuine.

As the dun's stormy gaze swept over the land bridge that would soon disappear, he tried to make a mental calculation of all those in his herd who would require keys. The number thus far had greatly exceeded whatever assumptions he had previously made. There were only a handful without wings, but they wouldn't be the only ones who required keys. The leads would as well - as would anyone that they had allowed to bring members back into their family: the Gladiator, Physician, Sleuth, and Diviner. But then there were the leads the Edge and Basin - Kahlua and Ophelia. Neither could fly, but both were welcomed in his desert-like home. Kaj could fly on his own, and as Gaucho had never met Deimos (nor knew that Archibald had been promoted), he dropped their numbers from his tally. Not everyone required access, of course.

16. That was the number he kept coming up with. 16 keys.

From his antlers bled two shapes composed entirely of fire. The flames licked and flitted until two dragons appeared. Into the sky they rose, their bodies twisting an darting. He stood by the ever-burning fire of the diviner, where he was told by Cera that it was easiest to craft things. Surely the sight of his magic - his emblem - in his place would draw the three he required? Cera, Amani, and Sacre?

[Once everyone arrives]

Gaucho's antlered skull nodded to each. Though there were many words he could offer to the trio, the glint in his eye was clearly focused on the task at hand. "Need keys for bridge. Mara make - " Using his nose he indicated to where Mara slithered in the sands. Using her long body she had drawn a large but roughly key-like shape. The top of the key looked like a dragon's head, with the body of the key appearing to be its twisting body. It was very crude, but Gaucho hoped they would get the general idea. "Keys are small. Should not be hard.""

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre stepped into his new role with trepid care. The mantel of ‘crafter’ sounded wondrous and right, a role his ever adventurous and wild mind could be sated with, but the sharp memories of the last rank he held made him think first. After all, his short stint as Sleuth hadn’t lasted long and, not only did he struggle in a role he decided he did not suit, he ran from the responsibility of it and for that, Sacre was ashamed. This time he was given a job that came with a different kind of honour and duty, a more artistic role that required him to craft in order to protect the family he had come to love and create objects of need. The warm touch of the Sun Lord’s magic rested somewhere within him and the boy hadn’t dared to touch it yet as he waited to be ordered to a job, or task.

The day in all had been pleasant and Inari bounded alongside him like a new born kit, chasing after some poor rodent, that had been unfortunate enough to be ensnared in the vulpine’s beady gaze. Sacre watched his attempts to catch the scatter-brained mouse until a bright, fiery light caught in the side of his eye and the boy turned, startled. They were dragons and fire dragons at that. Their bodies launched into the air and the boy traced them down to the stallion that had conjured them. A rather large guy with antlers and wings, a glow radiated from him whilst his feathered appendages burned though he didn’t really seem all that concerned about it. As the boy walked over to him he noticed the marks on his red pelt and the bone through his nose, a Leader couldn’t rule without his subjects knowing one or two things about him and Sacre’s eyes widened as he realized this was Gaucho the Wild Fire; Sultan of the Dragons Throat.

He called Inari through their bond and together they travelled quickly over to him. On arrival he returned nod of greeting and the fox sat back onto his haunches, waiting and watching to see what would happen next. Sacre remained silent through the Sultan’s delivered instructions on a tongue that seemed as if it was speaking a language it wasn’t used to. He could understand well enough, however, and watched his dark snake create the picture that would paint the image in his head of what was required. The boy nodded enthusiastically "I understand" he responded and walked a little closer to the fire before taking a deep breath. This would be his first time using crafting magic and he nervously searched inside for the warmth of creation, disregarding the coldness of his other harsh draining ability.

His magic melded with that of the Seer fire and, having the dragon key firmly imagined in his head, he began to craft the first. Metal formed in the flames as he concentrated on first the twisting body of it and then up to the dragon head, it was a small item to craft and the boy found it easier than he first thought. Perhaps because it was so small, if he had to make so many keys that were huge, then maybe his weariness would be more telling. The object twisted before him as he added detail to the reptile, thinking briefly of the flying fire dragons he had seen earlier until finally, he had finished it. Sacre picked it from the flame and placed it on the floor in front of the Sultan with a flourishing smile. "Is that okay, my Lord?" His boyish tones rang out joyfully and he waited for the approving nod (or disapproving) before continuing to work on the rest.

feed me, spark me up
a creature in my blood stream chews me up

image credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!
Ascended Helovian

Not for the first time, the Wildfire was left mystified as to the process that was being performed right before his gaze. He had never possessed crafting magic. Gaucho had always been firmly rooted in the warrior-magic stream, and even then, War Stomp was the only ability he had ever utilized. With intrigue, he watched as the blood-stained crafter focused on the fire.

How work? he mentally asked Mara, who merely shrugged. The snake had no idea either, but she assumed it worked like any other magic. It was ... simply something you had, something that you could just make happen. The dun snorted, shrugging his striped shoulders as he watched Sacre produce the first key. It looked exactly like Mara's drawing - minus the places where her body had smudged the lines in the sand.

"Yes. Like that. That perfect." He confirmed after having inspected the key.

He knew the keys couldn't be much larger, lest they be a burden to carry around. Even so, he was worried about them being lost. Gaucho assumed it was inevitable, someone would lose a key. The idea that their home could be invaded due to an accident made his muscles tighten. But there was nothing he could do.

He would simply have to trust in his herd.

"More just like that."

Patiently, and with the same simple intrigue the dun continued to watch. Part of him longed for the ability to produce such items. All of his magic was destructive, and the things that he created had a fleeting shelf life.

Image Credits

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

The day was bright and young, warmth rushing to the surface of his skin in as familiar a pattern as any. Of all the countless mornings on which Cera had risen and gone about his business, the sun had rarely ever changed. Perhaps that was why the Lord of the Light had been the endless patron of the desert denizens. His coloring left little to be burned or scalded, unlike those of darker hues and richer pigments, but it was warm nonetheless, even for the desert-born patched boy.

Stretching languidly, he dropped a kiss to the flat plane of his sister's forehead, doing the same just below the smallest horn on Ryuu's face before turning and leaving them to their slumber. There were patrols to be done, metal to be collected, a thousand tasks to delegate upon himself rather than others. Yet, whatever plan he'd half-formed inside his head was ruined - such a strong word, perhaps he should have chosen reworked, reformed - by the appearance of flames on the horizon. Gaucho's choice form of of communication and summons.

At first Cera wasn't entirely sure it was meant for him, but it hailed from the diviner's fires, where the Forgers worked alongside the wise one. Shrugging to himself, he ascended off the desert floor with a few hard pumps of his wings, angling towards the fires with fierce beats. It would not do to be too terribly late, after all.

Sacre has beaten him there, the red splotched youth familiar in the way most Throat denizens are. Though, it was true that Cera had met him once, when Ranjiri and Ryuu had first stood aching and tired at the borders. A cordial dip of his head, a smile curling pleasantly on his lips, and then Cera's eyes fell to the key the younger Forger had created. Gaucho's words came late, the patched cherub having not been around to hear the original command, and Cera quickly took up the slack that was offered to him.

"It should be easy enough," he conceded pleasantly, moving to the rim of the fire, drawing upon the metal with an ease born of natural talent and honed skill. Three keys easily melted into place before his eyes, and he lifted them slowly, tempering them with the cooler air before laying them easily at Gaucho's hooves. "How many, again?" Glancing between Sacre and Gaucho.

I'm terrible, this is gross, and I can't apologize enough. Eugh.

image credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Ascended Helovian

Cera was not normally late. Rarely if ever in fact. However the dun thought little of it. His crafter was never sluggish or sloth, if the golden prince's departure was delayed Gaucho knew it must have been for some worthy cause. Cera had never left him down - would wear himself thin and stretched just to complete his tasks. As he arrived, the Sultan nodded and smiled.

With dark eyes Gaucho watched as the paint created three keys with apparent ease. As with Sacre, Gaucho felt an itch of curiosity and jealousy at the intricate and creative skills both possessed. Perhaps one day, should his bones ever find themselves too old to fight, Gaucho would take up crafting as a side project. In his mind Mara chuckled, as if suggesting that whatever retirement he had planned was still a long ways off. Gaucho nodded mentally echoing her thoughts - That okay with Gaucho. And indeed it was. Gaucho wasn't ready to retire just yet.

"Need keys for all in Throat who do not fly ... and keys for Ophelia and Kahlua. Gaucho think 16." His mind's eye flickered for a moment, trying to mentally count faces. Nodded decisevly, he turned back to the two. "Yes. 16 in total." He confirmed.

Later he would have extra keys made and placed in the box Cera had created earlier for safe keeping. As it was, they were expending just about all of their resources for this season in order to complete this project. Later there would be time for excess. For now Gaucho just hoped he had counted right, and that when the time came, he wouldn't leave anyone stranded.

Thanks guys!

Image Credits