the Rift

[OPEN] Hate
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
M
I
D
A
S
The voices intensify tenfold, they merge and drown out all sound except their own. I lay, muzzle pressed into the solid whiteness below me, legs buckled, body bowed. Silver tears streak down either cheek, they stain the coal fur impossibly darker. My throat feels shut off completely, breathing is no longer just strained but nearly impossible. I shut my eyes and pray for....

The wraith (who'd fallen silent) starts laughing again, "Prayer?! NOBODY CAN HEAR YOU."

Strength, born from anger that ran like wildfire out of control -- it surges through these limbs, powered by unleased fury. With every ounce, every fiber, I throw myself to stand -- teeth wide, eyes wider and wildly lost within hell. We collide, his snarling face twists into an angry grimace as it fades. There is surprising pain blooming in one shoulder. (Though I hadn't seen him strike me.) A breath of fresh air races to these lungs; my demons vanish. I pant like a drowned victim. This world melts away. My stained face lifts to look at something above me (though there is nothing but a blank slate.)

Suddenly the white room vanishes, the ceiling folds into a burning sea, sand races below...a desert. Yon sun is close, hot, bleaching the earth the color of an old bone. In fact...it sears like fire into my pelt, melting the hairs from my spine and blistering the flesh. A agonized scream emerges; cringing from pain, I cloak my eyes in faint darkness.

A name is whispered, another breath of cool air. I suck deeply, "Wake up!" Louder now.

Gems snap open hardly noticing the background had changed once again -- my attentions is glued upon a real fire. It slips before my vision, snapping in the air angrily -- just beyond reach. Closer. Another scream rises, freezing a second before release when the face of someone familiar climbs forefront. Her face. Worried eyes capture mine, holding them. My jaw is slack, perhaps in disbelief, perhaps to keep sucking rough swallows of this lukewarm air. I expect her to fade, turn back into that blasted copycat demon.

My body is prickly, soaked with sweat.

Hot. Cold.

@[Africa]
Image Credit

Word count: 362
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Hate - by Midas - 02-04-2015, 10:52 PM
RE: Hate - by Africa - 02-11-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: Hate - by Midas - 02-13-2015, 11:01 PM
RE: Hate - by Africa - 03-01-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: Hate - by Midas - 03-03-2015, 11:30 PM