A
R
T
O
R
I
U
S

Things seemed to be going quite well so far, I felt as if I had made a friend in the pale mare and she had offered me a home in the beautiful lands of the World's Edge. But I didn't spend much time there out of fear of running into my mother...who I wasn't quite ready to speak to yet. Words just never seemed to fit together properly when I thought of how I was going to greet her, ask her questions, or just talk to her in general. It had been so long since the last time I had seen her that it was almost like I would be introducing myself to a stranger for the first time.
A shiver, full of nervous energy, passed over my glossy black coat while I wandered further south and away from the World's Edge to somewhere a little warmer and less misty. I had traveled further than I had originally planned too, the stories of the Secret Grove had drawn my attention there but as I drew closer to the region I was chased away by the sounds and smells of sexual encounters. Midnight stained paper thins flared as I avoided the sticky situation that would have gotten me into and moved on to travel further south until I hit a strange, yet beautiful, grove of trees.
Numerous different breeds and species of trees popped up along the banks of the gently running brook, unmarked limbs carried my slender frame forward until my hooves sank into the soft mud that lined the brook. A few pebbles pressed up against the frog of my hooves while my neck relaxed just enough that I was muzzle to muzzle with my reflection. What peered back was exactly what I expected it to be, except the star that normally sat perfectly in the center of my forehead was marred with flecks of black and seemed larger, more oval shaped than I was used too. Emerald eyes grew with curiosity as I peered at the strange stone that was in my way, for a moment I thought about pushing it out of my way before crossing the brook and entering the magical building...but something wasn't letting me just leave this strange thing.
Snorting softly I rolled my eyes before setting out to moving the speckled stone out of the water and onto the banks where I could further inspect it. Once I was fully content that whatever it was was safely out of the water I looked it over once more when it hit me. This wasn't a stone. It was an egg! Panic filled my sporty frame as emeralds searched wildly for whatever could be the infant's mother before the sound of a twig snapping beneath someone's weight distracted my from my searching frenzy. Maybe it was the infant's parents?

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Alysanne]
Words;; 476
Notes;; <3

Image Credit
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
The farther along in the pregnancy she got, the more restless Alysanne was feeling. Not only was there the general discomfort, but the sense that this was a terrible, terrible idea was growing. She basically tricked Mikey into siring this foal because she thought it would bring them closer, thought it might solidify the idea that she loved him as much as he loved her.

But he was happy, and she couldn’t complain about that.

Still, it was good to get out of the Edge - to not pretend for a little while - and go exploring. She wasn’t quite ready to go to the Throat and visit Voodoo… but a little walk felt like a great idea.

Little did she know what this walk would lead to when she followed the curve of a brook.

Arty! He was there, in the flesh. Older than the last time she had seen him - it hadn’t been more than a couple season but the changes were evident, he was at that stage - and here. Here in Helovia. Her excitement was a bright flash but before she could complete her next step she was slapped with doubt. He was here but how was he going to react to seeing her? She’d like to think in a happy fashion but nothing seemed to be simple for her lately.

So of course, when the twig snapped underneath her hoof, Alysanne froze. Which was ridiculous! She had been going over to say hello but she hadn’t quite figured out what to say. Delight mingled with guilt and clouded her mind so thoroughly it was a wonder she could even see straight! How wonderful it was to see Arty here, in Helovia (how blessed was she to have both things she loved dearly together!) but how long had he been here? Was he angry with her? Would they ever have the relationship they had when he was still a fuzzy colt with both his parents?

Wishful thinking!

But now time was up and she was going to have to say something. Instinctively, her wings tightened against her swelling sides, feeling embarrassed about her state. She hadn’t been prepared for this - telling everyone else was tricky, telling him? It was impossible! “Arty? Are you…” really here? What a ridiculous question. Of course he was. Why was this so hard? “H-hey sweetie.” All she wanted to do was rush forward and drape him with her wings, hold him close and never let him go again. There was so much she wanted to say - starting with a hundred apologies - but her throat constricted and she couldn’t get anything else out. Emerald eyes not even seeing the egg that lay before him - they wouldn’t move from him. Her son.

@[Artorius]
everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
A
R
T
O
R
I
U
S

Emeralds snapped away from the tree trunks as the loud, sharp snapping sound of wood breaking filled the near silent (except for the birds singing in the trees above) area in which I had found myself. For a second it seemed as if the world had stopped spinning, oxygen seemed to be sucked away from me as the oh-so familiar black and white frame came into focus. But then it all came crashing back to reality as my mother's dark lids flicked shut over eyes of a green that nearly matched my own.
I had stayed away from my new home so I wouldn't be forced into an awkward meeting with my mother that I figured Resplendence would have orchestrated. Still. I stood so still that it almost hurt, I could feel my lungs screaming as I withheld air from them as if causing myself to pass out would make the hallucination of my mother disappear from my sight and I could go back to dealing with the egg that was resting against my hooves. “Arty? Are you…” Invisible brows furrowed as Alysanne began to speak, her gentle words calling out to me, nearly breaking the wall that I had just began to build up around my heart. “H-hey sweetie.”
The muscles in my throat contracted, closing around the lump that was beginning to form in between them before swallowing hard and allowing the air to rush back into my hollering lungs. My heart was screaming at me to run forward and wrap my wings around the mare who had brought me into this world in a loving embrace, but my mind quickly reminded it that this was the mare who had left me. Judging by the looks of her swelling frame, left me for another family. Clearing my throat once more I blinked and looked away from my mother momentarily, back to the speckled egg that rested at my hooves. I wouldn't let this thing die, if it was even still alive.
"Hello mat'." My voice, freshly deepened by puberty drifted into the still air as I reached down to push the egg further away from the water's edge so I could properly remove myself from the brook in which I was standing. Emeralds shifted back to her black and white form, pointedly glancing at her sides before attempting to make eye contact once again. "I see you have been doing...well." My weight shifted uncomfortably from hoof to hoof as glossy feathers tucked in close to my ribcage as I waited for her next questions or whatever it was that she would say.
I had expected this to go a little differently. My mother to not be pregnant, me not standing in a puddle of brook water and maybe the emotions to be raging just a little less in my mind while I stood here.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Alysanne]
Words;; 484
Notes;; mat' is mother in Russian, I figured since they are all Russian it would make sense for him to know some and her to know some xD <3

Image Credit

Alysanne
The way he addressed her only added to the twisting feeling in her heart, as though someone had gripped it tight. It was one of the first words that Sasha had taught him (and her), when he had thought to share some of his heritage with their newborn son. She had always liked it, feeling although it wove them together as a family - that wonderful language that Sasha and Kostya spoke so well.

Maybe things would have gone differently after that point if “Oh.” She felt embarrassed, so embarrassed, over her condition. She actually found herself wishing that she wasn’t pregnant - she would have taken away everything that had led to it if she had known it would result in her son, her beautiful son, looking at her with that expression. It was a terrible thing to wish, the foal in her womb had done nothing wrong - but she was already failing it as a mother. How Arty must think that he had been replaced, that she had some family here that she left him behind for! It broke her heart to even think that those were the things going through his mind, and of course she couldn’t know for sure.

But how could they not be? She took a step towards him before stopping, hesitation wreaking havoc on her body and she shook away the tears that began to well up and cloud her vision. She didn’t want anything to get in the way of taking in the sight before her. Arty was grown, almost completely, and he was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. If he hated her for everything that she had done, everything she was, then she would not allow this last glimpse of him to be wasted as nothing but a blur behind tears.

She would remember him clearly, her precious boy, for the rest of her life. “Oh Arty I’m so sorry. For… for everything.” She didn’t even know how to explain, didn’t even know if there was a way to explain. All she could do was apologize and there was so, so much “I thought you’d be happier with the family, without being dragged along behind me, away from your friends and cousins.” It did not feel like a good enough excuse but it was the truth, and if nothing else he deserved that much from her.

About her being absentee, about her being pregnant… Still those pale wings of her cling tighter, wishing it was an easier thing to hide than it was proving. “It’s Miykael’s, remember him? He...” Well no, she couldn’t explain that situation to him - that wasn’t even close to being appropriate. How could she tell her firstborn that she had started a new family all for the sake of soothing the heart of a friend?

So she changed the subject instead, not very smoothly but changed all the same. “H...how long have you been here?” It felt wrong, she shouldn’t be asking him questions beyond begging him to forgive her. Certainly he had questions of his own but she wanted to know at least this. Had he met someone in the Threshold as she had? Been greeted and taken home to a herd to rest after a long journey?

@[Artorius]
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

A
R
T
O
R
I
U
S

I watched as the embarrassment trickled into my mother's expression, just a drip at a time at first but then it seemed to take her over like a huge wave. The sad look on Alysanne's beautiful face was nearly enough for me to step over the speckled egg and embrace her, to tell her everything would be okay that I was here now. But I didn't. The feeling of betrayal couldn't be fully shaken as we stood there matching eyes locked on each other.
The awkward silence was broken, not with words or a sound but by the hesitant step of the mare forwards, by the tears that welled silently around her eyelashes. A stab of pain pressed into the tender walls of my heart as I pulled my eyes away from her features quickly swallowing the lump that was beginning to form in my throat. I wasn't going to let her see me cry, I had spent enough time crying over her since she left me there wasn't going to be any more tears shed today.
“Oh Arty I’m so sorry. For… for everything. I thought you’d be happier with the family, without being dragged along behind me, away from your friends and cousins.” Glossy harks pressed back against my skull that had lowered to press flared nostrils against the warm, smooth surface of the speckled egg. I knew if I opened my mouth to speak I would either emit some strange sound of pain, or words would come out much harsher than intended. Neither of which I could bear to offer into our conversation just yet, luckily it seemed the paint wasn't finished speaking as her melodic words began to drift into the still air once again. “It’s Miykael’s, remember him? He...” Fury dripped into my saddened frame, one small drop at a time as I thought of the painted stallion who had been such a good friend of the family. All along his plan had been to bone my mother as soon as he got her away from her real family.
Emeralds burned bright as I looked at my deserter of a mother, the egg now forgotten momentarily in the fury of the moment. "Miykael is the reason you left me?" My words shook with anger while thoughts of different pain that could be inflicted on the dunskin paint danced through my normally peaceful mind. He would pay for tearing my family apart for his own selfish needs. Ears pinned into silky strands as I stood stock still, waiting for Alysanne's next excuse.
“H...how long have you been here?” The topic was changed in the most seamless way possible considering the way the beginning of our conversation had been going. A harsh snort blasted through flared paper thins before I sighed and allowed myself to calm down just long enough to speak to the mare in a proper way. "Long enough to be accepted into the World's Edge by Resplendence and some King named Archibald....and to find this egg, it feels like it's still alive but I don't know where it's mother is..." My sentence had began strong and clear but towards the end it trailed off sadly...at this rate the poor infant wouldn't make it to see the wonderful world around it. Without a mother, life was hard, at least I had mine for a little while before she had left. Clearing my throat I looked down on the speckled thing sadly, "Mat' I can't let it die..." Suddenly I felt like a small child again, bringing a butterfly with a broken wing back to my mother crying because the beautiful life had been ended so drastically. Had I destroyed this one too?

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Alysanne]
Words;; 630
Notes;; Omg, so much emotional change here.

Image Credit

Alysanne
Anger seemed to surge right through Arty when he was informed about Miykael and Alysanne quickly tried to sooth the situation. She had tried so hard to keep both of them happy and safe, she didn’t want one furious with the other! “No no, sweetie, that… that happened very recently. It’s not his fault.” Miykael had been the one to follow her here if she remembered correctly, his status as a guardian angel not allowing her to be lost for very long.

The answer to her question came as a complete surprise. “You met Resplendence?” She wondered if her friend had been aware of Arty’s lineage, and why she hadn’t alerted Alysanne of his presence. Surely she should have, it was the sort of news that someone shouldn’t keep to themselves. The fact that he had been accepted into the Edge! Her home! It was a wonder their paths had not crossed before now. “And Archibald’s the king?” The question was quiet, more of a rhetorical musing than anything. It was certainly the last thing that she should be worried about right now but it was a rather big bit of news. Was Kaj still king then?

These thoughts were promptly interrupted by the mentioning of an egg without a mother.

When he mentioned the egg she took another step forward - this one not nearly as hesitant as there was something else to focus her attentions on. Emerald eyes found the speckled egg hidden in the grass and a smile immediately broke out across her face. She recognized the signs of what this meant. “Oh! It’s a companion egg!” Hemlock, who had started the journey towards her once he realized who she was talking to, was still a couple minutes away when she called to him - encouraging him to join them. “Don’t worry, sweetie, it won’t die. You’ve found it so it’s up to you to keep it safe.” A lot of responsibility, but Alysanne believed her son was up to the challenge. He was a caring boy, and already his compassion for the egg left her without a doubt. He’d be a better parent than she was, surely.

“I took care of one myself not too long ago. It hatched into a companion...” There weren’t companions back in Nocturne and she thought for a moment about the best way to describe it. Hemlock had not been with her the last time she had taken the trip to visit Arty so she could not reference the tiny little owl, who was growing closer to the pair. “Sort of like an animal spirit, it’ll bond to your soul if you take care of it and be your best friend. As it grows you two can share thoughts.” Her voice was gentle as she shared what information she could about the unique experience that was sharing a bond with a companion. “We must keep the egg warm. Your feathers are a perfect insulation… I kept mine nestled in the joint where wings met my back - it proved a rather effective nest.”

She wanted to move closer still, wanted to help him take care of this little egg, but she dare not close the gap between them without invitation. Every muscle in her screamed at her to go forward but this was uncertain territory, she could at least give him the power to dictate how quickly or slowly she toiled to mend everything she had broken.

@[Artorius] SHE JUST WANTS TO HUG HIM SO BAD
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
made by the lovely tamme

“No no, sweetie, that… that happened very recently. It’s not his fault.” Her response was quick, and strangely soothing even though I wasn't happy with her or with the dunskin paint who had took it upon himself to impregnant my mother. Glossy harks flicked back, not quite buried in my silk tresses, but it was clear that I still wasn't happy. Most of my anger was directed towards the tri-colored stallion who should feel quite blessed I didn't know where he was otherwise he would have a whole other idea about fucking around with my mother. My boiling blood was cooled slightly as Alysanne's gentle voice filled the air that was full of bird's singing and insects humming, “You met Resplendence?” There was an unasked question hanging tentatively in the air that caused my ears to pull forward some as a soft smile tugged at the corner of my inky kissers at the thought of the pink mare who was missing an ear. "I did, she's quite kind." I cleared my throat, forcing the lump that had formed in my esophagus down before looking up at the clear sky then tilting my gaze back towards the black and white features of my mother. "She said you two are quite good friends." Luckily my attempt at changing the subject by mentioning the speckled egg at my hooves seemed to do the trick, no more awkward emotional questions about what the other had been doing the whole time they were gone. Rather we were talking about the here and now, and it was a nice change from all of the emotions that had been running rampant as I still wasn't sure whether or not I should be overjoyed to be in Alysanne's presence again, or leaving so she could feel the pain I felt being left as a child.
“Oh! It’s a companion egg! Don’t worry, sweetie, it won’t die. You've found it so it’s up to you to keep it safe.” Ears flicked forwards entirely as I glanced back down at the egg that I originally had thought was just a distorted reflection of myself. A gentle gust of warm air was expelled from my slightly parted kissers as emeralds rested contently on the smooth, spotted shell. “I took care of one myself not too long ago. It hatched into a companion... Sort of like an animal spirit, it’ll bond to your soul if you take care of it and be your best friend. As it grows you two can share thoughts. We must keep the egg warm. Your feathers are a perfect insulation… I kept mine nestled in the joint where wings met my back - it proved a rather effective nest.” As Alysanne spoke my gaze shifted once more up to my mother, gaze meeting her pretty features through thick lashes that I still couldn't tell if I had gotten from Sasha or Alysanne. Regardless, it was one of the things I had gotten complimented on growing older but something I wasn't sure if I enjoyed for the feminine appearance it would give if my jaw line wasn't so sharp and sporty. For the first time in a while a smile was offered at my mother. Even though she had left me I could tell she was genuinely glad to see me here in her new home, even if she did seem a bit hesitant in my presence...I'm sure my abrasiveness at the beginning of our reunion wasn't the best way to start off.
Guilt wiggled its way into my mind as I stepped forward, careful to avoid stepping on or even brushing against the speckled shell as I reached my midnight stained muzzle out to my mother warily, hoping she would accept my apology for my earlier attitude...and accept my forgiveness for her leaving. Surely she had a good reason, otherwise she wouldn't have gone, maybe I would never understand her reason but that didn't matter. "I'm sorry mat'. I missed you..." My deepening lyrics trailed off as my sentence ended, emotion lacing every single word like a fancy decoration one couldn't bear to remove just yet.

"Talk talk talk."

OOC;; Sorry this took so long dear <3 ahmahgad, the feels.
TAG;; @[Alysanne]
WORDS;; 689
Image Credits
- table by Niki -