the Rift

[JUDGED] Lover Not a Fighter

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable

A slow trickle of satisfaction made its way into the blood of two breeds that ran through my veins, as the sickening thud of flesh meeting flesh echoed through my ear drums. I could already feel a slight bruising forming on my pectoral muscles as I stood solidly in the pale sand while her sickly, thin body was roughly a pace and a half away from where it had been standing too close to the speckled egg I was in charge of. Everything internally screamed at me to look back at the egg and make sure it was all in one piece, the screaming blocking out the harsh words of the stunned, dull black mare whose ears had made their way back into her disgustingly tangled mane. But I fought against the small bond that was already beginning to form, surely the egg was fine or else something small inside me would have already died right?

Rather I focused on the sad state of affairs that stood before me; everything about the mare seemed quite...lackluster. Other than her height we were complete opposites, I was long legged and full of lean muscle and had Shadow not looked as if she had just stepped out of a grave she seemed as if she would be a powerhouse full of muscle and a force to be reckoned with. But not now, now it seemed like a gentle gust of wind could knock the emaciated creature off of her hooves. Was the mare not sick, I probably wouldn't even be able to hold a candle to the creature, but it seemed like fate had a different idea in mind for my first fight. Even if it was over something as minute as smelling the egg. Dark lids flicked quickly over emeralds that were still lit with a panic educed anger while the ink stained mare shifted her weight backwards and her lackluster wings flapped outwards then forwards, a cloud of sand smacking against me just as lids peeled back to reveal the delicate gems once again.

A squeal of anger and pain tore from midnight hued lips while glossy ears slammed back to their original resting spot planted against silky strands and glossy hair along the curve of my neck, the mare's warning all but lost on my enraged mind. All I could think about was the speckled egg and the sick, dull mare who was clearly trying to take it from me, my mother had left me. There was no way I was allowing this egg to be taken from me! Panic, rage, and a million other jumbled up emotions flashed like fire in my mind as white dipped wings tucked in close to my slender flanks and solid black limbs struck forwards, sending grains of the pale sand through the crystal blue sky. Virgin, barely stained teeth bared as I hoped to finally christen them with the crimson blood of the egg thief. If that failed, maybe I would be lucky enough to further the bruising on my pectorals, or feel the jarring halt that would be caused by my hooves meeting her flesh. Anything that meant the ill mare was nowhere near the unhatched infant would be more than enough for me.

"Talk talk talk."

OOC
Words | 544 / 800 <- wordcounter.net
Notes | Sorry I took so long, work and life got in the way!
rolling thread
Normal Timeline
No Companions | No Magic
3 Attacks + Closing Defense to the first attacker
Setting: Endless Blue, Noon 80 degrees, clear blue sky
2/3
0/1
Summary | Momentarily blinded by how watery his eyes were due to the sand being thrown at him by Shadow. Ignored her question because his mind was so set on protecting the unborn child, leapt forward blindly in hopes to bite or ram his body/hooves into her once again.
Injuries | Momentarily blinded by sand. Chest is slightly bruised after impact with Shadow's body.
TAG
@[Shadow]
Image Credits
- table by Niki -
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Messages In This Thread
Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 02-07-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Shadow - 02-09-2015, 05:45 AM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 02-09-2015, 11:25 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Shadow - 02-10-2015, 03:46 AM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 02-17-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Shadow - 02-24-2015, 08:55 AM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 03-09-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Shadow - 03-29-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 04-01-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Official - 04-07-2015, 03:30 PM