A
R
T
O
R
I
U
S

Later when asked to reflect on this seemingly pointless fight (even though it was my first...it was still quite silly in retrospect) I would probably forget about how excited I was to inflict pain on someone who had threatened something so near to me. Rather I would swell with pride over the fact that I protected the speckled egg that had chosen me over all of the other possible suitors in Helovia. Me. Not my mother, not Miykael, not any of the other pegasi, unicorns, or equines that it could have chosen to spend the rest of its life with. I would boast on being strong enough to shove the mare out of the way and make sure the unhatched infant was safe and sound inside of its protective shell.
It was protecting the child that kept me moving, forced all thoughts of reason out of my normally much more realistically thinking mind. It was the fact that I was protecting a life that urged me onwards to latch onto the malnourished looking mare's wing in hopes that it would keep her even further away from my charge. The muscles in my throat clenched and released and for a moment I thought I would be the first horse in the history of the universe to throw up when the soft, dusty feathers of Shadow's wings soaked up all the moisture from my mouth, leaving it nearly as dry as the sands of the southerner most lands. Glossy ears flicked back against my silky tresses, that were so unlike the knotted dreads that hung from the mare's spinal cord, in hopes that the mare's yellowed teeth wouldn't find purchase on my very needed appendages.
Before any other thoughts could flash through my infuriated mind, the world around me seemed to be moved into warp speed while the feathers in my jaws were snapped around in the mare's scramble to remove me from her body. For a moment I contemplated hanging on for dear life but a throbbing in my temples begged me to release before any serious damage was done to my grey matter. The momentum of the mare's motion forced me to take a stumbling step back and away from her while my head swam around like some kind of tropical fish. A snort blasted through my midnight stained paper thins as dark lids slammed over unfocused emeralds just as the dull Shadow moved in like the snake she was. A squeal of shock and pain raced out from between slightly parted kissers as the mare's worn ivories sank into the tender flesh where my chest met my neck. Without thinking twice I forced all of my weight backwards as the front part of my body lifted into a half-rear, my hooves tucked in close in hopes that my knees would meet with the mare's chin or any other part of her body. As I felt my flesh tear away from the layer of muscle a flash of red hot anger passed through my slender frame once again forcing my sporty skull forward. Slightly yellowed ivories parted as they aimed for any part of her body they could find purchase on in my way back to the solid, yet sandy ground beneath us.
"Shit..." I muttered between clenched teeth, the pain of my bruised and now bleeding chest finally coming forth as my anger slowly began to fade. Surely we had caused each other enough damage now, right? This foolishness could be over and I could collect my charge then head back to the shattered glass wall in which I belonged so this sickly creature could carry on and stick her nose where it didn't belong again.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Shadow]
Words | 618 / 800 <- microsoft word
Notes | Sorry I took so long!
rolling thread
Normal Timeline
No Companions | No Magic
3 Attacks + Closing Defense to the first attacker
Setting: Endless Blue, Noon 80 degrees, clear blue sky
3/3
0/1
Summary | Stunned momentarily by the shaking of the mare's wings, stumbles away from her wings but isn't focused enough to avoid Shadow's bite. Her attempted leg attack was avoided by his attempt to rear up and knee her in the chin/chest depending on if her head is still lowered while reaching out to bite at wherever he can reach.
Injuries | Momentarily blinded by sand. Can now see, mild irritation in the eyes. Chest is slightly bruised after impact with Shadow's body. Momentarily stunned by her harsh wing shaking, a portion of skin about half an inch wide is torn away as he rears up, begins to bleed automatically and fairly heavy considering the sensitivity of the section that had been bitten.

Image Credit
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Messages In This Thread
Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 02-07-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Shadow - 02-09-2015, 05:45 AM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 02-09-2015, 11:25 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Shadow - 02-10-2015, 03:46 AM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 02-17-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Shadow - 02-24-2015, 08:55 AM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 03-09-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Shadow - 03-29-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 04-01-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Official - 04-07-2015, 03:30 PM