the Rift

heart don't fail me now

Elowyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The world is a grand place. It's vast, expansive, and breathtaking. Around every corner a new adventure springing up from the ground. Here's a bird, there's a fawn! It's all so beautiful. Even as the sun beats down upon Elowyn, a smile seems to be permanently etched into her dark face. She doesn't remember a time she's ever been more happy, or less happy at that. Everything was so bright and full. Mother was right, there is nothing bad about this land. The only thing you must do is look for the good within it all. Even in the shadows lurks beautiful creatures aching to be free from their binds.

Winnie's history is a short one. Filled with nothing but soft and caring touches. She was blind to all of the worlds horrors, if those even existed. As she entered upon the Helovian world, she was greeted with nothing but smiles. A stray bird would flutter across her vision, and she would follow its path with her eyes. Chunks of dark ringlets fell across her eyes, obscuring her vision for a moment. Blinking abruptly, she shook her head back and forth. This was a process repeated numerous times as she danced with the creatures in the heat of the day. Eventually the work began to show its fruition. Her locks began to stick to her neck, the heat had broiled her hide and it was now sweating. Even her tail stuck to the backs of her legs. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful exploration. Tomorrow would be full of the future. Maybe she could find others! She hadn't met anyone since she had been born besides her mother. The stories she was told gave her only the bare bones of what existed. Some looked like her, others with wings. Some, some didn't have either! She wonders what it must feel like to be them. Do those without horns feel lighter and brighter? Do those with wings embrace the freedom of the sky like the birds in this forest? So many unanswered questions. One day, she would know. These secrets that plague her daily will be revealed. In that moment, she could learn to be more like them.

Speaking of others, this forest smells like a lot of things. She was used to the scents of squirrels, bunnies and other forest-dwelling creatures. Yet, this place smelled different. It smelled distinctly like other horses. It was like her mother, but not her mother. Maybe she could find someone! Her head immediately shot up, and all her hair shifted back into its usual heavy swing. Oh how innocent she was. Was everyone like her? Would they all be so chipper and cheery.

talk talk talk
[I am leaning on having her go to the Basin, but she could be swayed so others may join! ^^]

Elowyn
far away, long ago, glowing dim as an ember
image credits

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
Farenjer & Arah
Hooves cracked twigs, died leaves and goodness know what else, their movements where not silent of stealthy. The intention? Perhaps the sound of her rustling through The Threshold would call the attention of a wondering soul, one looking for a home. It was true enough, Aurora Basin was not for everyone. The faint hearted, cowards, the weak and the dumb. Such a life had taught Arah to be strong, relying upon nothing but her own courage to continue pressing on. Wynter wondered beside her, it was unusual to see her companion upon the ground, the creature had been born for the skies. Perhaps it was because there were many predators lurking in The Threshold, new comers who did not know anything about the land. Still it would be foolish to attack anyone who belonged to a herd, the protectiveness each herd was of their members varied in levels of extremes.

Wynter picked up on the scent first, her senses sharper than her counterpart's. 'Romhainn. Mná.' The fae princess paused in her movements to listen, perhaps the slight rustling sound was made by the one Wynter had picked up on. 'An bhfuil sí ina boladh tréada?' Arah questioned through the bond, Golden orbs turned to where the sounds where coming from. Beside her Wynter spread her almighty wings and swept them downwards, launching her body into the air. The pale griffin was gone in a matter of seconds leaving nothing but the trails of dust behind her. Arah blinked the motes out of her golden eyes and waited for Wynter to respond, it was quiet for a few moment before her bonded finally responded. 'Tar.'
At her companion's summons the doe set off, her pace wasn't hurried, instead she was almost leisurely in her stroll. The heat had been nipping at her ankles all day, the last thing she needed was to become overheated.

Shrugging through the scrubs, Arah finally eyed the wondering soul. Her coat was a pretty mix of black and white, a golden horn adorned her brown and bright red eyes looked upon the world. Similar to the fearsome stallion she had crossed paths with in The Deep forest not too long ago. "Greetings miss." A smile lit up her face as she continued to study the lass before her. Her tone is warm and welcoming, perhaps this lady would turn out to be a useful recruit for The Basin after all. "Welcome to Helovia."

[[Romhainn . Mná . - Ahead. Female.
An bhfuil sí ina boladh tréada? - Does she have a herd scent?
Tar - Come.]]

[[Sorry, this was pretty quick. Just wanted to jump in here and get a response up for you. Permission given to write Wynter into your post, whether you want her coming right up to Elowyn or just observing is completely up to you. <3
@[Elowyn] - Do you want to be tagged in each reply?]]
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Unregistered

It wasn't the sound of a horse that caught her attention, but rather a mysterious creature. As it approached her, the little thing had a curious sense about it. The head and wings resembled that of the eagles that soared way above her head. However, the tail and feet looked like that of a mountain lion, or some similar large cat. Winnie smiled, lowering her head to sniff at the companion as it approached. "Now who are you?" She questioned in her usual, sparkly voice.

However, it seemed that this creature did not venture alone. Looking up, another figure came into view. This one, looking much more horse-like. Upon her head she had an impressive rack, much like the bucks that romped around in the forests and fields nearby her birth area. Was she truly a unicorn? The only ones she had ever come into contact with had one, singular spiral horn. Her mothers was a slate grey, but still spiral. According to legends, her father had the same horn, but black. Tilting her head, a smile danced across her face. She was receiving a greeting! How wonderful! Never had she imagined to come across another equine so quickly. "Thank you!" She exclaimed, looking between the two creatures. "My name is Elowyn.. say, are you the only one here? I haven't seen another equine in ages... Her voice trailed off, dripping of awe. If there were even more of them... how could she cope! It would be an amazing birthday present! Recently celebrated, but nonetheless a welcome gift.

talk talk talk
[Dont worry, considering my posts are a little meh into I get her into swing. <3 I appreciate you taking the time to reply. And yes please!]

Elowyn
image credits

Farenjer & Arah
Watching the way Wynter interacted with the stranger was interesting, her usual bratty attitude was amiss. Normally the griffin ignored all those except for Arah, perhaps she was trying to make a good first impression. Nodding in response to the other female's thanks Arah let a delicate smile curve her chops. Waiting until Elowyn's voice tailed off, the fae princess was quiet for a moment. "I am Arah." Now she turned to her bonded, the griffin her wonder back over to the doe, weaving between her legs. "Wynter is my bonded." The next part of the mare's sentence had confused the doe. Arah turned to glance around The Threshold, wondering what the other female was actually questing. Was the fae princess alone in traveling and so no other would be coming to greet her? Or was she the only one that resided in Helovia? "I come from Aurora Basin, a herd that resides within the cooler parts of Helovia." With a smile she glanced over at Wynter. They pretty much always traveled alone, often they met up with other by pure chance. It made for an interesting life. "Currently Wynter and I are traveling alone."

Hopefully that cleared up any confusion Elowyn had. Taking a few steps closer the doe pondered how she should approach the bench, not wanting to seem like she was forcing the mare to listen about Aurora Basin. "Would you like to hear about my home?" Her voice is friendly and sweet, not a hint of pressure. In fact she might as well be discussing the weather. Tilting her crowned head, the doe studied the mixed mare with calm curiosity. Most were interested in joining a herd, they wanted protection, friends, family....love. Still others wanted freedom and adventure, they wanted to become mixed up in trouble, wanted to invade headlands to test the waters. You could never tell what someone wanted just by looking at them. "If it appeals to you, perhaps you can visit and mayhap consider joining our family." Her gaze is steady, the mare needed to know that they always wanted new recruits, that she would be welcome with them.

[[Translation: ]]

[[@[Elowyn]]]

Unregistered

The duo was named! A small giggle escaped her mouth as she watched the way they moved together. The little creature stirred and weaved between Arah's legs. By the pale look of them both, they much enjoy the winter. Oh! That must be why her companions name is "Wynter". How clever! Although what really captured her attention was when Arah explained she'd lived in a herd. A herd? That had been a word she had only heard in her mothers stories. They were bands of horses that lived together and worked like one big team. Sometimes they got into fights and fought, but usually they got along. Fighting was bad anyways, and who wants that? An even brighter smile settled in and her face began glowing with delight. Maybe here she could find a so called herd to live with. Then, she could meet all sorts of people and learn all sorts of things. The possibilities were endless!

"Oh yes! Yes please! Elowyn responded. Her voice was full of joy and eagerness. Would Arah be her friend? Or was she strictly living out here and only supposed to return to her herd when she had found someone? She said she was traveling alone, so maybe her job for her herd was to collect horses? Either way, Elowyn was fine with the idea. "I'd actually really like to live with a herd. It would be a great experience for me I think." She admitted sheepishly. She lifted a golden hoof and idly kicked at the ground. It was rude to ask others from something. The only way to get anything was to wait for am invitation; that was the biggest lesson her mother had taught her. Although that came with many other add ons. Like, if Elowyn felt uncomfortable or scared she should leave. There is no reason in living in a life of fear when her entire life was ahead of her. She was too young to waste it in the depths of dark feelings.

talk talk talk

Elowyn
image credits

Farenjer & Arah
With a charming voice that was full of joy and eagerness, the painted mare responded. A delightful laugh tumbled from her own lips as she studied the mare. "Very well then, friend." She pauses for a moment as Elowyn's next words tumble from her mouth, the doe nods politely as she begins to think of how she would describe her home. Watching a golden hoof lift up and idly kick at the ground, the doe tilts her head a little confused. "It snows throughout the year, although in the hotter months everything does melt and it warms up for a few months." She smiles as Wynter settles down for the tale. "We are lead by two fearless leaders, both strong and well respected." Her hymn floats through the quiet woods as she continues to weave her words. "Many of our members are loyal and fairly kind hearted, you would quickly find yourself surrounded augments friends and some might even grow to be considered family."

A silence falls as her smile dances along her chops, it is too hard to actually describe her home and do it justice. "But you have to see the beauty for yourself, to truly learn about our home. You must bath in the hot springs, look at the night lights and see us in the flesh." Still smiling the doe faces The Basin and takes a few steps towards it. "What say ye? Want to come see it now? It is a journey, but the sights along the way will be more than enough to keep us entertained."

[[@[Elowyn] ]]

Unregistered

As the words tumble from her lips, Elowyn's excitement cannot be bottled up. She seems to shake and shiver with glee at the very thought. She was a social butterfly that had for so long been suffocated. Now that she was free, it was like she was reborn once again. The tales of snow, springs, and wonder entranced her mind easily. Elowyn was easily ensnared in the prospect of this future. The imagination was a wild place, and somewhere the Elowyn frequently found herself rolling in. It was the only semblance of true society that she had.

The words could not cease from the white quickly enough. Once they had fallen off into silence, her grin seemed so large that it would change the shape of her face. Figuratively of course, she just had a naturally large, and glowing smile. It fit her complexion like a glove. "I'd love to!" Another squeaky, feminine uprise at the end ended her brief outburst of excitement. "If you could show me the way, that would be most wonderful! I really hope I can fit in at your home, it sounds gorgeous." Her words seemed to glow like a waterfall, gushing from pure admiration. What would the future hold? Would she ever have children of her own? Would she be a welcomed recruit? The options and choices were so plentiful that not even the most seasoned statistician could guess the future. With the innocent dependence of a child, she was ready to follow Arah's every move. The girl had a lot of time to catch up on, and this was only the beginning of an incredibly long journey.

[Sorry for the wait! Ill get her changed to an outcast, if you could make an acceptance thread in the Basin? <3]
talk talk talk

Elowyn
image credits