the Rift

[OPEN] love is like a rose

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

Life moved on, as it always did. Though she could never really adequately explain it to Leliel, she had never returned to the Falls. Brigand would never know its lush forestry or trickling waters, and Muriel didn't have the heart to say that it was because a part of her was tied to what she used to be. Who she used to be. And another part longed for the life that Gull had, clinging helplessly to the idea that maybe even with the complications of Leliel's return and their history together, that Muriel could still get her happily ever after. Her conflict was apparent to herself, for once. Muriel had long since learned that she couldn't lie to herself, and hiding away did nothing to solve her problems. Inexplicably, she'd grown up while Leliel had been away. Whether it was good for her or not, considering where she had ended up, was still to be questioned.

So she had stayed where they were, mostly, while Brigand found his hooves and tottered around. He was her only real joy, and every time she looked down into his ultraviolet eyes she found her heart aching with how painfully large her love for him was. Perhaps she coddled him too much, but Muriel had grown up with her parents being devastatingly apathetic and distant from her. Though not nearly as horrible as Leliel's upbringing, it had still affected her. Sometimes she wondered if that's why she had hounded Leliel so desperately, why she had been so consumed with filly fancies and daydreams of happily ever afters.

Shaking her head to dispel the thoughts, the rosen mare basked in the sunshine, filtered to a perfect temperature by the wind that swept off the distant coast. Her eyes were closed, face upturned as if in prayer. Turning, she opened her eyes to reveal pale lilac, smiling down in so much more than the twitch of her lips down at her perfect son. She was a beacon of warm colors, enveloping him at all times, and she hoped that she was as deep in his pores as he was in hers. Four wings rose in splendid arches, sunning herself beautifully in the bountiful meadow, mostly untouched by the sun's wrathful existence in the absence of the moon.

"Brigand," she called softly for his attention, not sure what his delightfully intrinsic brain had caught onto yet again in that moment. Her eyes found the gleam of the water in her peripherals, shining like jittery diamonds on the surface as it lapped playfully at the edges even in its stillness. It had to be delightfully warm, which meant it was safe for her young son. All the more reason to voice her proposition. "Would you like to swim with me?" Her eyes found only her son, his beautiful ruddy coat and adorably fluffy wings. She loved him so much it hurt. Stepping towards the shoreline, she hoped to entice him with her advancement.

A brief flicker of her eyes was spared for Leliel, wherever he stood - nearby, at least, for his blindness made him reliant upon Muriel's directions - and she lifted her voice to find his ears as well. "Would you like to swim with us, love?" It was weird to utter, after her time with Gull, and it hurt to be aware of that discomfort. But she had promised she would at least try, while Gull was still increasingly absent in their lives. Turning once more to Brigand she smiled, all motherly warmth and unconditional love, and walked into the water up to her mid-shins. All she wanted was time to bond with her little boy.

@[Brigand] and @[Leliel] if you want! Open to any crashers! ;D

Muriel
And I will love you, forever and always
Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Brigand Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I smile as I bound around the grassy area, knees high in childish frantic excitement. I like too bounce and flounce around as I had named it. It was entertaining and fun. And I kinda liked the way it made me feel tired, but also at the same time like I shouldn't be. Like I should be jumping into the sky and soaring.

Sometimes, I feel like I could run and jump and play forever and never get tired. But it feels like my mum is holding me down some times, and this is why I treasure these times I get to flounce around and be me. I mean, it's fun. I just wish I had someone who didn't sit around and watch me while I did it.
I wanted mum to come and play with me. I didn't want to be alone in these few times I got to play.

So I was exited when she invited me to come and swim in the cool water with her. I know it's cool because I've already tried multiple times to stick my muzzle into the fresh water. Though always pulling away in a matter of seconds with a different sounding snort. Nodding an exited yes I smile her way, unknowing of the effect I had on the mare, one who has lost and received in life.
Me being one of the gifts she has received.

I bounded to the edge where I stopped shortly, abruptly, watching the ever-so-rippling water, and my reflection that was held there. So calm and enchanting.

I waded through it; throwing up new waves of splashes and slight rainbows in the filtering sunlight that made it's way through the tree's canopy.

"Briggy Speech"
@[Muriel] @[Leliel]
Brigand
Wishes are all we are
credits :: table

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

Her darling is like an over-excited bird, flittering to and fro with too many wings, a cascade of feathers seeming to follow him wherever he roamed. Like the child he was, he was all down and fluff, but she loved him even when she woke up to feathers stuck in her own fully matured filaments. There was little her darling could do to make her irate with him. Muriel was a naturally peaceful mare regardless, and Brigand was the whole and center of her world. There was nothing more perfect to her, for her. He could likely become a mass murderer who hated her and she'd never be able to return the sentiment. Such was the way of a first born's gift, and the new mother could not help but fall into the trap she'd set for herself.

It still boggled her that somehow her heart, which seemed so incredibly small, could hold the depth of her love for her son.

He was a playful, energetic child. Sometimes it took the wind out of her, and she was nervous to play with him at times, so small and fragile he seemed to her. The mother inside her demanded she protect him, keep him from all harm, and so she could not always abide by the silent pleas she saw in his ultraviolet eyes. But water was a wonderful cushion, perhaps she could allow play for just one day? It was not that she desired to chain her baby boy, but she couldn't help but fear that if she wasn't there at all times, he would somehow wander into trouble and she wouldn't be there fast enough to protect him. It haunted her at night, and she dare not speak to Leliel about it, still rocky with him, not sure what to consider him any longer.

And still, she privately longed and worried after Gull.

The water washed away all evidence of her thoughts, and her laughter sprang free like a bird from a golden cage to see Brigand flounce and fumble into the water on his coltish legs. It sprayed lightly against her rose coat, and she smiled, bright and beautiful. For she was beautiful, inside and out, innocent and soft. A mother from a fairy tale, and yet she could never seem to see that of herself. Her boy was the only thing she'd ever made, ever received, that was something of value in her eyes. Gaze softened with that weight of love, of adoration.

One powerful wing twitched, springing and flaring the end of its flight feathers to splash her child with the water. Then she danced away, belly cold with the water that lapped at it, laughter trailing behind her as her eyes dared him to return the favor.

@[Brigand] So sorry for the wait, life ate me ;-;

Muriel
And I will love you, forever and always
Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Brigand Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My laughter is a new sound in this world, my heart is beating in my chest, and now that I can truly feel it, I know that I am truly living. I can feel the ground under my feet, my eyes are wider and more aware than ever. I feel like I could feel anyone coming from a mile away when.

SPLASH[i].

I'm soaking. Though, a bright smile pushes through all the thoughts of wetness. I asked for it! Flouncing towards Mrs. Daring Eyes I smile a sneaky little smile, my body stumbling clumsily over the pebbles and dust and everything that must be under the water right now. Lifting a small wing from it's place in the water (because I was [i]just that far in
) I force it through the water, it pushed a wave up, but it didn't splash like Mum's did. I try again and again until I can feel my wing tiring, my muscles screaming for me to stop. Even for just a moment. I can feel it whirring, and then I lift the other wing, and try with that one.

Okay, now we are talking. It is much, much easier to propel and splash with both wings. I smile brighter as I dart forward through the water, my legs still tumbling over the floor. "I've got you now!" I say in a child-like voice, my smile growing a growing as I attempt at splashing her again and again.

A minute later, I've had my fun, though my wings haven't and I let them flop against my body, let them fall into the water as far as they wanted to stretch, they could. I let the droop and sag. Embellishing the feeling of rest inside my mind with a medal of honor to all those who splash their mothers in late-day ponds with a wide smile on their face.
I look to her again, watching her rose body and how it looked wet, flattened. She was still my mother, still beautiful, still daring. And I loved her.

"Briggy Speech"
@[Muriel] || Back!! <3
Brigand
Wishes are all we are
credits :: table