the Rift

[OPEN] evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Was it just Res, or was everything beginning to fall apart into weird, weird pieces? She was pretty sure it wasn't just her, but as her mane and tail shed maroon glitter upon the ground she still couldn't figure out just what was happening.

Still, it was Khan who pulled her from her canopy - a small bump in her belly was beginning to grow (not too large yet, so that everyone would know, but definitely noticeable for her weight and for Quilyan's caress). Her limbs carefully pulled themselves forward until she was at their normal meeting spot -hoping that Quilyan would also pull himself from the shadows and give notice of his return for all of her beloveds.

She stood near the front (and off to the side a little, facing the triad of leaders) once more, the position she had used to take gracefully was now hers once more. So, regardless of the fact that she didn't yet have someone to stand beside her she was (for the most part) at peace. A gentle glow began to radiate from the pool of glitter that was forming at her feet, though with the words that Kahlua gave they diminished. Her uneasiness quickly fluttered back to the surface as she recalled the conversation that she had had with Kahlua not too long ago. No. The world was definitely turning in a strange fashion.

It was Archibald who spoke next, a conversation with him just before she had run into Kahlua and after she had tried to train with Kaj. He addresses the warriors and says that the herd must increase their defenses. After all, they did not know what it was the Moon Goddess was going to do during her banishment. Then it was Kaj, and it was only once all of them spoke that she truly noticed the unease between the three of them (how Kah didn't start to look toward Kaj and Kaj almost avoided her gaze as well). What was going on?! And it looked as though Kahlua was also with child - her swollen hocks and the weight that she gained, the way that she stood even seemed to call towards pregnancy. Oh my! Were the two of them pregnant together! That was wonderful news! Just wonderful! Still, though, the concern lingered deep down in her soul, for the way that they were acting just was not okay.

She shook away the concern, telling herself that if she could get them to spare a moment she would check on them, for as soon as her name was called she gave a gentle bow of her head, mane and tail glowing once more as she fell completely at ease.

Alas, it didn't last too long, but she allowed for her voice to ring out (or ring out as loud as she could) as soon as a few others had their own turns to speak. "I ask that the nurses learn basic, first-aid herb knowledge during this time as well. Perhaps even a few poisons, if necessary. We aren't sure what is going to happen - and if for some reason we need our warriors, we will also need medics. The two are a pair, fighting will no doubt ensure injuries…" She breaks a little, glow completely gone (for she was never comfortable with public speaking) "Please, do not be afraid to come ask about the herbs. I will also start a teaching session soon, to go over those with multiple uses that grow right here for us and are in easy access… It would be helpful for those who aren't even in the medical field - to at least recognize some of the plants and use them till you can get to Alysanne or I…."

Hopefully the nurses would listen. Hopefully she would have people who were willing to learn. Because if she didn't have that… well then what did she have?

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@[Quilyan]
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Azaneen - 02-09-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Resplendence - 02-10-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Astraea - 02-11-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Leeka - 02-14-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Far - 02-17-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Nocturne - 02-18-2015, 08:02 PM