the Rift

[OPEN] evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I was running through the forest when a piercing caw echoed around me. Dark eyes searched the terrain for the source until suddenly a blue colored dragon zoomed and whirled about me. Who's companion was this? Why was it flying about and being so boisterous? Was something wrong? Soon I noticed that the dragon seemed to be directing me in a certain direction and curiously I followed.

My ears pricked to and fro at the sounds of the forest. A frog's ribbet here, a bird's tweet there. The forest sure seemed to be alive today. But after some time, the sounds of the forest seemed to fade away and a soft murmur of voices began to grow – their sound curling and writhing to reach me. Was this were the dragon wanted me to go, to the voices? I turned around to look at the dragon, but to my surprise he had already gone. Probably to find others to bring here.

Cautiously my legs carried my body out of the line of trees and to my surprise there was a group forming in the opening. A meeting? I stayed closer to the edges of the group as the mare in the center spoke aloud. First she brought up the the topic of the murders and with a keen interest I listened. Gaucho was the murderer. I didn't know who this person was but I immediately began to feel some bitterness towards him until...the mare revealed that the Goddess had controlled him.

Everything seemed to stand still for a few minutes. Wasn't the Goddess the patron of this herd? How...how could she have done this? Why would she have done this? Wasn't she supposed to look out for those below her and protect them. Despair began to fill me as I debated about what exactly I would do. If the Goddess was banished to the Edge then this place and those that lived within it weren't safe from whatever else she planned to do. What were we all to do?

I listened to the others speak. Warriors training would be increased. Certain people of whom I didn't entirely know were being promoted. But despite the little congratulations and happiness towards others the air was heavily laden with concern and confusion. Nobody seemed to know what to do about our situation. Even I took a while to think to myself as to what we may do. Then a golden colored mare spoke up about how it was hard on the Throat too and how we should reach out to the other herds. So the puppet was from the Throat huh?

“I couldn't agree more,” I step forward through the crowd until I was more in the center of the throng, “Now is not a time for the herds to remain to travel their separate ways. We need to stick together and help each other with whatever may be needed.”

Eyes took a swift glance at everybody that had gathered and then I continued, “We also need to show the other herds that even though our Goddess betrayed us all that we are not to be lumped together with her choice of actions and that we will remain strong despite the challenges that are thrown at us,” I paused again as I formed the words in my head before speaking them, “In regards to the safety of those within our borders, herd member or not, perhaps we should seek the help of the gods? Maybe they know of a way in which we could contain the Goddess to a specific part of the Edge. Or maybe they know of an object which we could use to contain her powers? I'm sure one of the Gods would be willing to help us protect our own.”

I stopped again but before I decided to remain silent and let the others stew over the proposed ideas I let out one more sentence, “After all, it wasn't us who decided to go about murdering innocent lives.”

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 669
TAGGED;; boop
OOC;; Astra is here 8D

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane as Mary Queen of Scotts from Reign

Messages In This Thread
RE: evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Azaneen - 02-09-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Astraea - 02-11-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Leeka - 02-14-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Far - 02-17-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: evil amongst us [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Nocturne - 02-18-2015, 08:02 PM