the Rift

[PRIVATE] My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
Bucephalus & Azeeza

Shockingly, I do get a reply. But it is not from the egg, no, it's from the blue mare that approaches, my name having just left those dark lips. I raise my head, quickly forcing the wetness from my gaze before greeting her with a smile. I am not surprised to see that she had been in the water, but what does surprise me is the...tension she seems to exude.

"From the caves." I gesture with a toss of my nose towards the caves, looking back at her in confusion before looking down, ears flattening back. "T'was alone...in the dark." Hindsight 20/20, taking it hadn't been such a good idea. Yet... I couldn't help it. I had felt a helplessness, a core-deep wrongness at leaving the egg alone, in the dark and cold of the cave.

If it was doomed to die, let it die against my heart and out beneath the sky.

"I couldn't leave it." I glance back down at it, making sure it's fine and safe and whole, it's opalescent beauty once again sending a flutter through my body. Perhaps I was simply shallow and took it because it was pretty. No matter.

A thought hits me, and I raise my head to look at Ampere, frowning faintly. "Is...something wrong?" I'm off-put by the tension, by the feeling I got only when I flew across the sea, far from shore, and felt a storm building beneath my wings, knowing I would have to fly it out. It was not something I had felt from Ampere, save perhaps when Hotaru had been captured and even then it had not been directed at me.

Shit. What did I do now?

Was she angry, somehow, that I had found and taken the egg? That didn't feel right... why should she care? Maybe because I took an egg from it's nest? There had been no scents, all traces were stale enough that I could barely pick up anything. Nothing had been around that egg for a long while.

That was my justification, truly, and it was shallow and fragile, childish even.

Hey hey hey!!
Time to put your mettle to the test now!
Hey hey hey!!
Don’t you know you’re messing with the best now!
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Tribs

Pixel by Aud

Messages In This Thread
My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Bucephalus - 02-07-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-08-2015, 01:54 AM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Bucephalus - 02-08-2015, 02:12 AM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-09-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-15-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-25-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 03-28-2015, 10:55 PM