the Rift

[OPEN] A Liar's Detox

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Haldir as always stole the show. The little fawn was most delighted to have the pretty lady’s attention. At her warm touch the babe breaks into a smile. The small fawn let her continue her conversations and he kept looking her over and taking her in. So pretty! Watching her touch the small nose of the fawn made almost a bitterness rise up within him, but it was broken by her soft voice. “Haldir” Came the automatic mumble. The fawn looks up in a great deal of happiness to hear the gold call his name. He never tried to hear it. With wide eyes he looks back to the pretty lady and then trots over to his bonded.

He hadn’t intended to make her smile fall so quickly. Her distant mumbling made his tasseled tail twitch. She was too far away though for anything. That’s the way it should be though. There needed to be distance for this. Still the news did darken his mind. The gold had assumed the damsel and her king were a perfect match. Having seen them at their party so long ago on the floating isle. Then again, it was so long ago. Still the Earth God? It was a whole train of thought that was lost on him. Another matter for another day, the gold’s mind was spinning and jumping far too much to keep such a deep thought in mind. Any connotation he had for this moment was lost on him as well. Was it because he didn’t care who the farther was? Was it just the fact that there was a father in this picture? As I said, too many thoughts.

Haldir of course saves the day. He was being more instrumental in this than his little mind could ever imagine. The babe though could not process the woman’s tongue and so though she said to wait he turns to leave. His was unused to the tongue of these larger creatures. The golden was so distracted by how own thoughts he barely remembered the word. “Haldir….Dar” The fawn looks, then freezes. His attention is quickly grabbed back by the pretty lady. She pawed in the dirt and the babe’s ears swivel back to her and are caught in her actions. His little hooves carry him back to nearly stand on top of her hole as she works.

The golden speaks his peace while the damsel works. His words burn in his throat slightly as his mind spins and spits at him for them. Still as it yells at him his frustration grows at her continued persistence to work. So much so that by the time the babe brought the rock to him the gold was completely lost at where the damsel was in the conversation. His head had risen and harks flare back. Haldir, carrying the stone in his mouth did set it down with caution, unsure of the gold’s reaction. He had done well right? The golden continues to stare at the soft glowing moss covered rock. She was giving him a gift?! He didn’t deserve a gift! He LIED to her. Took advantage of her trust! Why was she giving him a gift!

Congratulations?! Snorting the gold now considers her in the same fashion. What was she talking about? Why didn’t she get? How could she not get it? Was she so naïve that this escaped her? Was she so trusting that she could not accept his exposed treachery? He wanted to yell it at her. For it seemed his discretion, his anxiety, the buildup of nerves was for nothing. It was as if he put himself in this spot for nothing. It angered him. He angered him to be put in such a spot. For her to tell him as she did his troubles were pointless. She would see this point! She would understand!

Wait, what is she doing. As she walked closer the gold’s head rises and harks fall back. He didn’t want to be close to her. He wanted the distance. He couldn’t trust himself with her at close quarters. Haldir was most excited for the pretty lady to come closer. He could not read her more serious face, and so when she came closer his dark little tail wagged and bright eyes gazed up with happiness. The golden was not so certain. He steps back one, but stops. Was he running, again? She begins to ask him about that last time. His eyes fall to confusion. What was she talking about? Last time….under the pines? In the storm? Why was she talking about this? This wasn’t what they were supposed to talk of. “Damsel listen to me!” Haldir jumped. It wasn’t shouted. It was charged and low. It rang out and broke his tornado of thoughts.

He could breath. He wasn’t here for that discussion. It wasn’t time to discuss that now. She needed to understand. Of all the things she needed to understand this one thing she must know. “I have always been a thief. I have always been under orders of Illynx. I never was on the run from Basin. And I have always been the enemy to you.” He steps back as he says it. The gold wants the space. Space made it easier. He couldn’t reach out to her, if he couldn’t reach her. The chain was broken too. What concrete bound chains tied him to this place was now broken. He could leave in the assurance that he told her.

But then he couldn’t. The golden stops and waits. Last time. It still rolls in his mind. Last time he had run. It’s the bitterness that brought him here in the first place. So he looks with more gentleness. “I am sorry Kahlua.” Did she get it though? Or would this be another failed attempt. Another lost cause.

That’s what that night was in the pines. A lost cause. Still it nagged him. What did she call it? A bad day. Bad day was almost a laugh. It was not just a bad day. Bad days are for scratches, lost trinkets, and stomach aches. This was much deeper, much harsher. It was terror and depression. Suicide? Perhaps. Overall it was something no one here must know. Look at her, swollen with child, waddling where she once had danced in a nature’s song carefree. It twisted his stomach once more. Would she understand? Were parental hormones pounding so hard through her swollen body she could burst? It had been when she was pregnant too. Could they understand the loss? Or was the deity’s blood too guarded? Horned head shakes awake he had been staring at her swollen sides. He looks with a calmness not seen in his eyes since their first meeting. A deep inhale grabs him. It was so guarded. So safe inside his soul. The golden son could carry it for centuries….he thought. Yet if that is what she wanted to know. Still wanted to know. “Do you still wish to know the answer to your questions now?” He would tell her. If she could accept his truth, he would give her another. If she did not run, run for her own safety from him, he would give her a real story to run from. For the first time since it happened. A real story.

"talk talk talk"
OOC::I'm not really really sure I like his emotion at the end, so it might change up a bit in the next post. I feel like he should freak out a bit more. But there it is. =] He's tired of freaking out, of lying to her, and of not being able to answer her questions.
Identity Index:: None
TAG:: @[Kahlua]
Thranduil
His words are clever and bright

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
A Liar's Detox - by Thranduil - 02-07-2015, 10:20 PM
RE: A Liar's Detox - by Kahlua - 02-08-2015, 12:17 AM
RE: A Liar's Detox - by Thranduil - 02-09-2015, 01:22 AM
RE: A Liar's Detox - by Kahlua - 02-11-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: A Liar's Detox - by Thranduil - 02-21-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: A Liar's Detox - by Kahlua - 03-31-2015, 09:05 PM