the Rift

[OPEN] Egg = Friend [Hatching!]

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
Spice
I am very tired right now.
My legs are weak with a new kind of tired and my bone feel like they are eternally shaky from the inside-out. I need a good meal and a good rest.

I'd been wandering the lands as of late, though I am in the Throat as of now. I'd just found out that Rhoa was the son of an alleged murderer. I am found a bit shaken, and I don't know what to say or how to react. But I was glad we found out. I'd only heard of this murderer once from a new friend named Resplendence, and I'd only seen two of the said murdered. I had tended to their wounds, and my worries faded away into their in my own grief. For I hadn't even known who they were.

When I see the heart caves and the forests surrounding it, I feel a new sweep of joy come over me like it had many times before. It was like a refreshing wave of cool in the hot desert sun of the Dragons Throat. I rush over, start to chew the grass, though it kind of tastes stale, I don't care. The sun has probably worn it down, but I am too hungry not to care.
The last time I'd seen another like me was when I was at that meeting. When I played with Rhoa and the others. When I was so oblivious. Now, I felt like a little part of my life was brought into the light -weather I liked it or not- and I just had to deal with it for the time being.

I eat all the grass I need, seemingly pulling it out of the ground harder than I would, but I don't notice it all that much. I'm just really hungry. When I stop, I want to get a drink. But the oasis is so far away...I shake my head. There was caves here, right? The Heart Caves. Yes. Shouldn't there be the trickle of water the deeper I go, or is that just a legend too? I find myself lurking in the maw of the cave, looking around I see the giant heart, the color of molten lava. Ugh. I wouldn't want to fall into that stuff.

It made me cringe but I kept walking, further I found myself going. Deeper. Deeper. I start to hear that same rush of water I heard back in the Hidden Falls. The sound the was once a background noise of an acapella of birds and the sound of chit-chat amongst friends. When we arrived in their home, the waterfall made it's presence know. It had towered over us then. Intimidating us. I was less intimidated now, though. This place was absolutely beautiful. There was no denying that it had a sense of old about it. Ancient.

I'd decided silently with the nod of my head that I was going to come back here sometime. Maybe show it to a good friend, who knew. I was prone to do such a thing out of excitement. Watching how the reflection of the water danced across the walls, my eyes felt disoriented in a way. Like they where being tricked with what was really there. I knelt, head bowed as I went in for a sip.

Perfection.

Crystal clear perfection, I bet my mother would love to take a few sips of this water. She had always said that they give us pathetic water...I find myself collapsing. My head falling just right above the waterline, maybe my forelock getting a little wet. Who knew. I found myself blacking out. The last thing I remember was the feeling of some sort of regret that I came down here.

I dream of something that I can't explain. Twisting colors, scenes unfolded before me where I stood in a dark place. One was of me, chasing a bird with bright orange cheeks. One was of the bird perched on my head asleep. I didn't know what these where, but they seemed to be endless. Showing me pictures of my and a new friend.

At first I was scared, dreaming like this. It was just a dream, right. There was no bird, and no future telling...none of it could be real. It couldn't be real. I just couldn't. I felt the lucid dream start to wear off, my heart pounding in my chest was the only sound I heard for a long while.

And then I woke up.

"Speech."
For @[Kvothe] and anyone else! I plan on having her look up at the sound of another's hoof steps or voice or something, or maybe the sound of the egg trying to move. Who knows yet. But I am really exited, and really sorry about this wordcount. c:
& Wayne
Image Credit
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ