the Rift

[PRIVATE] Sooner than expected

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

Ah, but she was not alone in these trials and tribulations. For quite some time, she had tied those who came to her, using their desires for her gain. Reality. She was not a fool. The world worked this way, and you could either accept that or live in eternal heartache. Obviously, she had chosen the way of wisdom: understanding and reality. The Goddess danced across the shores, her figure not made for strength or power. She was small, lithe curves and exotic bone structure setting her miles apart from the female mortals. A rich, lavender coat glistened in the light of the full moon, illuminating every luscious arch of her physique.

The stallion she summoned was rather handsome too. He was a fool, of course, but he had come around like most of them did. A single speech giving him the truth of his mortal form and the reality of the worthlessness of his so-called worship had done the trick. She did not need songs sung and praises whispered up to her in the sky. What she needed was work. Tasks completed. Things done. That was more useful than any prayer.

Indeed, his fealty meant little. A simple choice - the right one - meant very little and was not worthy of her attention. Correct answers were simple correct. Torleik needed to go above and beyond and earn her attention for his mental faculties and not just the masculine strength of his blessed body. So she stood simply in the sand, taking a deep breath and waiting for the stallion to come her way. He would look fitting against the background of the ocean, she thought. "Torleik..." she murmured, her call carrying far. "Time do fulfill your promise."

@[Torleik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Afraid if someone notices, I'll lose my place

The Bloodskald's ears twitched, perking when a voice, coming from everywhere and nowhere at once, sensually murmured his name. Assigning the voice an identity was not difficult, especially when the words informed him it was time. Time to make good on the promise he'd given the Goddess of the Moon, to be hers for a task, to prove his usefulness and loyalty in exchange for the enchanted armor he now possessed.

Though...so soon?

But a half season ago at most, in the midst of all the deaths and murder, he'd demanded the deity's attention and lived to regret it. The sting of that fall from grace still smarted in his breast and the warrior felt his soul groan at this, his honor's call. Unlike his nature, Torleik had kept this pact he'd made to himself thus far, fearing retribution from those he knew for his choice - especially given the recent...circumstances. Few of the deaths had actually affected him personally upon witnessing them, Psyche being the only one that angered him deeply; even then, that was because he saw how it hurt Ophelia.

A sour taste laced with the bitter bile of fear worked its way up his throat as his hooves carried him along the ephemeral path the Moon Goddess' voice had placed within his mind. Would she ask him to do something that would hurt the pale and crimson mare? Torleik prayed not. He would do anything else but submit to an order for such an act. He may have promised the lilac Aphrodite his services for a favor, but he'd given a solemn vow to Ophelia - and himself - that he would not abandon her, nor harm her knowingly.

Each step seemed to weigh his soul down with doubt, adding lodestone after lodestone of anxiety to his muscular frame until his was almost trembling from the internal battle. Irelyn's flight suffered above him and she was forced to land on his back, purring weakly in a frail attempt to soothe her much beloved bonded. He was always so unhappy, so worried...it hurt her heart to feel him so burdened when she knew what he felt like when his soul tasted freedom.

Ophelia gave him that. It was why Ireyln liked the white and bloody mare. The other white one could have her eyes pecked out - she had started this whole miserable ordeal for his spirit.

A deep, steadying breath was drawn when Torleik's eyes alighted on the alluring and exotic curves that could only belong to someone more than feeble and mortal. Coming to a halt some feet away, the Bloodskald stood tall, steeling his will and burying his feelings deep. He knew how this needed to go. "You have need of me, my goddess?"

@[God of the Moon]

"talk talk talk"

Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The Goddess watched the muscular, heart-bearing stallion stride her way, the ground freezing beneath his hooves. She remained where she was, her luminous silver orbs nearly glowing in the moonlight night on the beach. Her hooves did not depress the sand where she stood, and her breath rolled easily from her flawless form. His voice was bent, bowing to her glory as he asked his question. And she did have need of him now. This was why she had not given him a quest when he had come demanding not so long ago.

She knew that she would be discovered eventually.
All of it was part of her plans. A huge chess game that she played slowly, sacrificing a pawn for the chance at a king.

The Goddess nodded once, the breeze sending curls of long, white and silver hair billowing around her face and neck, catching in her single, spiraled horn. As she pressed her wings against her sides, they nearly disappeared, and she looked into his masculine face, considering what exactly she wanted him to do. The sun's harlot, Ophelia, seemed to have taken an interested in him, and while she wanted nothing more than to spit in her brother's face, she knew that she had more important things to manage.

"The mortals tend to be a blind and fickle bunch," she replied, humming thoughtfully. "I need you to plant information, plant doubts, really. You need to be subtle and careful - words so cleverly spun that you are above reproach." This was why they called him the Bloodskald, was it not? "I need you to plant four believable lies in my favor or truths, if you would prefer. These lies need to reach four, different important audiences." The Goddess looked up into his icy eyes. "Yes?"

----------------------
Torleik must participate in 4 threads and spread believable good things/lies about moon goddess!

@[Torleik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Come along now, come along and you'll see what it's like to be free

Torleik listened to what the Goddess of the Moon requested of him and shifted on his hooves, considering the task set before him. "Certainly they are, but they are also quite vengeful," he hummed. "You were found to be responsible for multiple murders - and you want me, so soon, to placate the frothing, angry masses?" He sighed. "I will do my best, of course...but I am operating at a disadvantage. I know nothing of you, or whatever divine plans you may have. An effective lie must have a grain of truth in it."

The Basin General met the Moon Goddess' gaze. "I am risking...possibly everything for a suit of armor," he also pointed out. His words were not meant to draw attention to the mortal concept of fair or unfair, but to illuminate that the task being asked of him was a sight larger than the effort required for an enchanted suit of armor. It would be most magnanimous of her to offer him some semblance of guidance or aid considering the shrouded nature of her character and motives in everything she did.

Torleik could lie, and he could lie well, but he could not spin convincing false truth out of thin air.

@[God of the Moon]
"talk talk talk"

Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The goddess found wisdom in the concerns of the muscular wordsmith, and patience was a virtue she possessed in plenty. To stand and speak to this mortal on the beaches was of no issue, and she observed him carefully, unfaltering gaze almost too powerful with her pupil-less, silver orbs. What would she do, she wondered, and what would she say? Certainly lies did have to hold some truth, and this creature was relatively new to Helovia and their ways. He may have worshiped the idea of her all his life, but only now was he seeing the truth behind the veil of night.

She raised a thin, dangerous brow as he reminded her what he was risking, and she snorted. "If my gift is not worth the price, you may leave, unbound," she replied firmly, willing to release him of his promises if he did not want to do her work in exchange for her powers.

"Should you choose to continue, I will give you a small insight into how my siblings operate," she murmured, staring out at the churning sea. A breeze tore around her pale locks, and her small form seemed to almost disappear in the light of the moon, lavender hide turning balmy and fading. "Everything exists in a balance," she replied. "A balance long broken since my brothers decided that their love for the mortals transcended our impartial judgment. The God of the Earth gives of himself freely, and my Sun brother is so vain he takes whatever he can to bolster his self-image." Even the affections of your little pale god-whore...

"We made a pact years ago to not interfere. As a bridge between ourselves and you, we sired children of half-god blood. These children were to protect you from us, since only they would wield power great enough to defy our desires." The goddess laughed then, the sound harsh. She shook her head. "What I proved was that everything is fleeting, and no faith in any single entity could ever save you from our strength. The actions were not personal - just a means to an end." They were going to die anyway.

She did admit that Hototo's death was rather unexpected - a hitch in the grand machine.

@[Torleik]