the Rift

[OPEN] Don't Drown

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
<style type="text/css">.border{position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 550px;padding: 20px;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;border: 1px solid #06061E;background: #06061E url('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/ruinedecho/Patterns/tileable_midnight_blue_grunge_pattern_13_zpsff7712a1.jpg');border: 1px solid #06061E;}.container {position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 550px;background: #06061E;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;box-shadow: 0 0 4px 2px #446576;}.container p {margin: 0;}.image {width: 550px;margin-bottom: -70px;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;}.gradient {position: absolute;z-index: 5;top: 370px;width: 550px;height: 200px;background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%, rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%, rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(6,6,30,0)), color-stop(12%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12)), color-stop(100%,rgba(6,6,30,1)));background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#0006061e', endColorstr='#06061e',GradientType=0 );}.message {position: relative;z-index: 10;text-align: justify;font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif;padding: 20px;padding-bottom: 8px;color: #446576;}.name {position: relative;z-index: 15;padding: 0px;bottom: 5px;left: -20px;font: 32px 'Nothing You Could Do', serif;color: #557F95;text-shadow: 6px 6px 7px #263948;}.quote {position: absolute;z-index: 20;bottom: 3px;left: 230px;font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif;padding: 0px;color: #384F3F;font-style: italic;}</style>

Previous Thread: "Shipping" Intro

Oh good, tasks. Time to go out and warn everyone that if they didn’t dawdle they’d find themselves at the bottom of an ocean. Not a bad way to go, really, and she wondered if there was a way she could cash in on anyone caught in the flood. Maybe she could strike a bargain with the creature talking to them so she could absorb the souls lost at sea the way she had before?

There didn’t seem to be any time for that now, though.

Glancing over at the mare she had picked, getting a fresh reminder at the strangeness of the horses that lived here, and grumbled. “Well let’s get this over with.” Syrena had the distinct impression that it wouldn’t be very wise to disobey the large creature that had given them their instructions. Along with her new… acquaintance, she found her way to the ocean - hoping that maybe there’d be a couple others already drowning there that she could warn after-the-fact. “Please. Come. Don’t drown. We’ll be so sad.” Syrena didn’t raise her sweet-sounding voice - in fact she lowered a little bit. A warning to the wind and those with a little bit extra of hearing. They were pretty far down the beach from anyone, really, and she couldn’t imagine that the dragonflies and waterbugs that they could see were all that concerned about a flood. They would be fine.

She wasn’t a big fan of this whole “trying not to drown others” thing Helovia had going on.

for Syrena and @[Rhea] to "warn" others! <3

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
THE STRANDS IN YOUR EYES, THAT COLOUR THEM WONDERFUL
STOP ME - AND STEAL MY BREATH.
</style>

Next it was to the Ocean.

If the seas were going to rise, those closest to the waters would be the first to experience the foretold flood. Visiting the Throat first made sense, for his family had to be his number one priority. But that didn't mean that he would simply allow all those who didn't belong to his sands to perish. Not if it could be helped anyways.

Below he saw a rather odd looking mare, apparently suggesting that those in the area vacate. Didn't she understand the gravity of hte situation? Not only would those who didn't listen die, but the commandment had come from the Earth God himself. It wasn't the type of thing that could simply be ignored.

"GET TO MEADOWS. NOW. FLOOD COME. EARTH GOD SAY SO." He called, his voice shattering the quiet tones of Syrena. "HE MAKE BOAT. GO TO BOAT."

Simple, clear instructions.

Perfect, right?

His flaming wings beat against his dark flanks, already drenched in sweat from the glaring Tallsun heat as well as the sprint of a flight they had just undertaken to get here from the Throat.

S.S Gauchalia ! (Aka @[Sohalia] and Gaucho)

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

The Blood Prince charged with Odette at his side. She howled as they went, whilst he gave out a loud neigh. Whether the mare they had partnered with was nearby or not was unknown to them(great partner he was). Sand smacked up against them as they ran. Odette had waltzed into the ocean which had made a layer of sand stick to her feet. Soon there were nearing others and he forced himself to a halt. A glower passed over his face at the sight of a Pegasus and some other equine-esque mare.

He stopped and eyed them both. The one with the burning wings shouted for them to go to the meadow. Déodat couldn’t help but compare his speech to Odette’s. Childlike and broken up. It was to be expected of such a creature. He was the epitome of everything that skyrats were. But that mattered little for the moment. Life’s were at stake and so he would take matters into his own hand.

“If others should so wish, follow us,” Déodat called, us being Odette and his partner. “We can lead everyone to the boat.” He’d at least have the decency to shepherd them.

[Déodat & @[Nyx]

"Speech speech speech"

image credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Remind her again why they had to "warn others" of this coming disaster, oh right it was so that they could all live to tell the tale. Dawdling alongside her partner her bicoloured orbs scanned the beaches for any stragglers. "Everyone get your ass to the boat!" She called blandly really hating that they had to try and help others. But hey she was doing what was asked right? So far her new friend had been rather interesting to observe for she seemed to care about this task about as much as she did. Maybe they would have more in common than she initially thought she mused silently. "Or stay and die." She commented softly just loud enough for Syrena to be able to hear her.

The sound of wings interrupted her thoughts as someone decided to unleash the banshee. Glaring up with distaste she easily found the brute that called down to them from above. "Way ahead of ya." She called back irritably already disliking the pegasus just from the sound of his voice. Had he never learned english for heavens sake? Whole sentences make more sense to idiots if they are running around clueless that there is a giant boat sitting over in the meadow where they can save their own hides.

The next character that decided to crash on their party at least was somewhat familiar from the few sparse meetings they had attended. His name escaped her but at least this one seemed to have something between his shoulders unlike the winged moron overhead shrieking at them like the banshee. Picking up her pace she nodded politely to her fellow basiner figuring it was best not to piss off anyone she would have to live with once all this was over. Not that they didn't hate her enough already with being the monster she was thanks to her mother.

•• TAGS: @[Syrena] •• NOTES: Rhea is so enthused with the idea of saving everyone xd ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas
What… the… literal fuck was going on.

I felt like I was riding a huge wave of idiocy into the great depths of some asylum. There was wailing, there was panic, and there was general chaos all around, but to my great and everlasting luck, my partner seemed to be able to keep her fucking cool. If she started yelling, I would seriously have to take a limb to her face in hopes of silencing her for good. The Gods were performing a cleanse… so what? Everyone was provided for in that ship.

Dear Gods, please strike down the idiots before allowing them to board.

Upon leading my sweet, little lady toward the Endless Blue, I was not too surprised to find that others had come up with similar ideas. There was already a group forming on the beach and many of them were –shocker!- yelling and screaming about the boat.

Some beast with flaming wings, who couldn’t quite grasp basic language, shouted from the skies and a little strange-looking filly continued the stallion’s warning. However, there was one who seemed just about as enthused as I… and I gravitated toward her. Her simplicity was refreshing and her demeanor even more so… “Why hello…” I smiled.

So what if I was a weak man? Absolute hysteria wasn’t stopping me from introducing myself to beautiful women.
Coding by Tamme || Image Credits

@[Jorogumo] @[Syrena]

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

And on the fly, away from the heat of the Dragon's Throat and on to the breezes of the ocean. Her hide glistens with sweat, the result of the Tallsun heat and their marathon of warning. She wonders if her newly healed scars show more prominently now that she is drenched in sweat.

Astraeus flies ahead, sparking violently in the sky, acting as a beacon to light the way. He is not particularly happy about this arrangement that his angel seems to have silently made with the WildFire (and she didn't even ask his opinion!) but the dove will not hear anything about it until after the danger passes. And so he sparks, moody and pouting, but nonetheless useful in his own way.

"Spread the word to those you see along the way, but don't linger here!" she calls to those scattered below. "The Thistle Meadow is safe - find whoever you can and bring them there!"

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow
Everybody seems to be running in this general direction, so dutifully Nyx follows, Dominus loping along beside her. Muscles flex between both steel and snow pelts, hooves and paws pounding the sand in a steady rhythm. The mare's neck arches as she charges, tail strung behind her like a banner. There - she sees him. Déodat, her cabin-mate. She aims to fall into step by him, feeling Dominus tense at the proximity of the dog but noting that he's too focused on his running to summon even a growl.

They aren't alone - countless others have had the same idea, and Déodat aims to lead them. Very helpful - Nyx approves. She does like a man with authority. It's all a bit of a rush, though, and the steel soldier can't help but worry that hundreds of Helovians aboard one boat is going to end very badly. "I haven't even had chance to pack fresh undies," she mutters, her voice only audible to the bay stallion beside her as she pounds along.

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.