the Rift

[OPEN] boat is life

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
The half-child turns away from the boat, though he longs to dance through it and explore every crook and crevice. How did the Earth God make it, and how many rooms on the boat are there? Will there be enough room for everyone? What about the needs of the boaters… food, water, medical care in the case of accidents… Has the Earth God thought of all these things?

Regardless, he cannot explore, for he is commanded away to do the Earth God’s bidding. Why the Earth God can’t go do this himself is another mystery, but again one that the child is not inclined to question. It is not his prerogative to do so. So, as he and his friend approach the Heart Caves, he descends into the ground wondering if Erebos has been here before.

“The boat is life,” he mentions cryptically, quietly, to a passer-by, briefly tossing his head back towards the heart caves exit. Tobias bleats, as if confirming. Is this what they’re supposed to do?

Adelric and @[Erebos], doing BOAT STUFF
adelric
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather
Delighted by a task, by a purpose, the little demonic scion ventured alongside Adelric, glowing with a potent pride at being handed something to do. He preferred this to just waiting on the whims of a ship (though another part of him thought that portion of the adventure would be just as awesome, because who knows how many rooms there were and how much mischief they could get into), extending his limbs across the cavern floors and bolstering his voice to echo across the familiar, cave walls. The miniature devil glanced towards passerbys and smaller animals crawling across the entrance, reaching out and raising his voice into a commanding decibel. “Get to the boat!” He liked the spotted colt’s version though, the boat is life, it seemed much more refined and finessed, albeit mysterious and intriguing, a touch of the enigmatic thrall they’d been tossed within, and he tried it out in a low whisper to a nearby lizard, slinking along his path. “The boat is life – and make sure to grab your friends!”

[Boat stuff!]
Erebos
Take just what I came for
x - x

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
"I know him..." I mumble to myself, as my gaze falls upon Adelric. I tilt my head over my should, spying Arya and smile. "I know him!"
"Hey!" I call loudly, glad to see a familiar face. Maybe this whole thing won't be so bad. Arya found me, and now I've found Adelric. Maybe .. maybe I'll see Spice later too? The thought fills me with relief. It isn't going to be so bad. I'm going to be brave. Hear that bird-lady? Brave.

"I know you!" I call out louder, once I reach the two. "You doing boat stuff too, huh? So I guess ... I guess you've warned everyone around here?"

It suddenly dawns on me that familiar faces mean that there is no one new to warn. "Uhm. Maybe you missed some?" I venture, partly for me, partly for Arya.

I hope she doesn't hate me for bringing her here. I don't want her to think I'm a terrible partner, or that she picked the wrong one. I fidget slightly, looking around. There had to be more folks ambling about, there just had to. I wouldn't give up. I would warn them.

@[Arya] and Rhoa!

Image Credits

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx
She's just like the weather. Can't hold her together.
Arya ambles along with Rhoa. There was sense of eagerness with undertones of urgency written across her face. He declares his knowledge of the others around them. She listens as Rhoa addresses the other boys. Both bear the familiar scent of her home and she smiles at them. She turns towards Rhoa as he speaks.

“There are always more to warn,” She says a bit more seriously. Even if these boys had marched up to the top of the Frostbreath Steppe and screamed, there is more who need to hear. Both of them are too quiet and it is time she take matters into her own hands. The huntress prances off from the group and inhales deeply.

“HEY!” She shouts looking at any who might listen. “THE BOAT IS LOVE, THE BOAT IS LIFE!” What the fuck that is supposed to mean she doesn’t know. “Earth God wants to purify the world and he’s giving us an opportunity to get away. Head towards the giant boat in the meadow!” Then she trots back over towards the trio of colts. “I’m Arya.”

[I literally have no self control
Arya is with Rhoa.]
"talk"

crystaluniicorn

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Stand on my feet
Dance the warrior, the warrior

EINARR

The warrior's wing beats were steady, moving him forward towards the Throat to warn his new family with ease. The happiness he had felt before in the sky, before he had seen the ship, before he had heeded the Earth God's words, that happiness was lost on this flight now. Einarr was moving with purpose, his hefty body flying in tandem with the smaller warrior woman. Every so often his eyes would dance to her, waiting for her thoughts expressed as words. The two had not gotten off to the best start, but bickering and arguing now would be fruitless. They were both warriors of the same herd, dedicated to duty and service, and they both obviously excelled in battle. With his nose to the grind, Einarr had to lend confidence to this woman's dedication to this task. In his bones, in the depths of his very being, the inky stallion hoped she was as dedicated as he was to warning the population around them.

Einarr's reddened brown gaze fell down to the caves as he passed over them, and panic swelled in his breast as he was children descend through the mouth of the cave. Gaucho had said the caves were large, but not large enough to fly within, and it had kept the hardened warden at bay. Now, however, he suddenly rocketed towards the cave. Landing roughly, the stallion wasted no time with following the children. "Get out of cave! Get to boat! Verakasar zhowak! Water fill caves!" His voice was loud, and in his panic he was too flustered to even complete full sentences in his native tongue.

[Verakasar zhowak! = Cavern dangerous. | Einarr is freaking out about the BABIES.]

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

my black eye casts no shadow
your red eye sees no blame

They flew well enough together, even when mismatched in size. Her smaller wings had to fall more often than his, but between the two sets there was a pleasant rhythm she might have enjoyed if their mission hadn’t been so urgent. As the raced toward the Throat, Meg puzzled over his order in the meadow and more, her reaction to it. She was a soldier, and soldiers had to take orders from their commanders; that much Meg could accept as a necessity but the little warhawk had no patience for being made little or less by her peers. It was essential for Megaera to meet the other warriors of the Throat as equals, lest she lose herself again. So, with that in mind that mare leaned close to Einarr and spoke in dangerous mix of humor and solemn promise. “We have a job to do so you get a pass, but order me again and you’ll get a shiny new bruise for that handsome face of yours.” and the resumed their flight without breaking stride.

Only a moment later, though, he fell away and Meg thought he might be challenging her assertion until she followed his gaze toward the cave entrance below and CHILDREN who had gone inside. She dived just behind him and charged into the caves, all fire and fury. “OUT!” Her voice, normally so indulgent with foals, made it clear that there would be no arguing with her. She had no fear of the caves and remembered them well. In and out of rooms she darted and where she found any of the little ones, they got a quick nip at their heels and a firm word “Out! And straight to the boat in the Meadow. No stops and no detours!” One, two, three unicorns, a little equine, and… Meg’s stomach gave a lurch when she spotted Rhoa. There was NO way she would let a son of Gaucho in this death-trap and he got an extra nip aimed at his rump to get him moving.

Sketch and Code by Laine - Table Inspired by Aud
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
A friend comes, and at first the half-child almost dares to smile. He knows that face, and from the same location too. He thought Rhoa lived in the Throat… maybe he just get really excited about being in these caves? In fact, the shy boy was almost about to respond without Erebos taking the lead, when a loud voice was suddenly yelling at him. Dancing on uneasy hooves, the yearling was quick to shift behind Erebos. Meek and mild, he preferred to stand in the shadows of his princely friend.

And it was like the yelling just wouldn’t stop- another adult! Inside, the half-child was reeling with desire to yell back at them and tell them to leave him alone, but he was not brave enough to stand up for himself. Besides, nothing about this meeting made sense to his mind, and his scientist’s brain was having a hard time making sense of it all. Looking to Erebos briefly for permission, the half-child broke into a scurrying trot and quickly headed back out the way he came.

He was only following the Earth God’s instructions- why the ire?

Adelric and Erebos, doing BOAT STUFF
adelric
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post