the Rift

[OPEN] Sound The Trumpets!

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca

It sounded as though Bucephalus was just about to introduce me to the young colt that had timidly hid under his wing, just before a shout tore my attention away from the pair and interrupted the Morningstar. I could barely make out the word, was it a word? Altan? What did that mean? Was it a name? An ebony blur whirled past me, and it took me a moment to realize that it was Telesaan charging towards my friend and the colt, and I felt my heart leap into my chest. "Telesaan, NO!" The words slipped from my lips in a worried cry, unable to stop them and by no means willing to hold them back. As much as Bucephalus pissed me off, I didn't want to see him hurt, especially not by my partner! And what about the child? Could Telesaan be so blind to realize that he was endangering the life of a colt?

The scene that played out before my eyes seemed to flow in slow motion, adrenaline rushing into my bloodstream from the immediate jumpstart to my heart that was now pounding heavily against my chest. Bucephalus wasn't fighting back, frozen in place with a bizarre look on his face before tumbling backwards. Without thinking, I felt my feet leave the earth as I leaped forward to chase after Telesaan with an angry bellow that didn't seem possible to have come from my throat. Yes, my new friend was my partner for the ship, but Bucephalus was...Well I didn't know what Bucephalus was, but it was clear that the golden spotted stallion was more important to me than a silly partnership for a damned boat. All I knew was that he was in danger and that I suddenly felt the desire to do anything to protect him. My hooves drummed against the earth as I raced to beat Telesaan, though with his head start, leaner build and my lengthy hair, I would need a miracle to fully block him. I could feel the egg I had found bouncing around in my hair, and I was suddenly greatful that I had decided to use my hair as a makeshift hanging basket for the precious being.

As I neared Telesaan, I rounded about to avoid his massive wings before shoving my left shoulder into his right shoulder, keeping my egg safe on the right side of my body. My sole purpose was to knock the stallion off balance, completely catch him off gaurd to knock him to the ground without seriously hurting him, but throwing him off enough to prevent him from reaching Bucephalus and the colt. Within seconds I swung my hind legs and locked my front knees, swirling around to place myself between the two stallions. I had thought it was merely a coincedence that the stallions looked alike, clearly my stupidity was showing. My crown raised high and chin tucked, auds pinned back into the wild mane while scarlet eyes bore like fire into the blue-speckled stud. Nares flared as I panted, the sides of my barrel heaving while lithe muscles tensed in preperation to further block him if need be. "ENOUGH!" I shouted with a rage laced with fear, putting myself before the danger that Bucephalus was too frozen to face. My tail lashed violently, a warning to the Morningstar my ass was turned too, a silent threat to not try and continue the fight.

"There is a child here! Whatever this is about, do not get him in the middle of it all!" The words were hissed through clenched teeth, lips pulled back into a snarl as my neck snaked out towards Telesaan to snap at the air near him in warning. I was never one for foals, but I knew better than to throw them into the middle of a battle. I had enough heart to feel that they were to be protected, not endangered as Telesaan was so readily doing. My fiery gaze shot back towards Bucephalus, softening slightly as I double checked to make sure that he and the colt were alright, one ear twitched towards the blue-speckled stallion to listen for any sudden movements. As I waited for the stallion to rise to his feet again, I looked back and forth between the near identical stallions. "Now, what is going on!?"

OOC: @[Hertz] @[Telesaan], @[Bucephalus]
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
Sound The Trumpets! - by Bucephalus - 02-09-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: Sound The Trumpets! - by Morrigan - 02-09-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: Sound The Trumpets! - by Hertz - 02-09-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: Sound The Trumpets! - by Telesaan - 02-09-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: Sound The Trumpets! - by Bucephalus - 02-09-2015, 11:20 PM
RE: Sound The Trumpets! - by Morrigan - 02-09-2015, 11:59 PM