the Rift

Noah and his Ark
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
I gaze with narrowed stare at the living...art...with a mix of awestruck respect, gratitude, and confusion. Earth did mention something along the note of rain -- obviously this...'thing' was a sort of vessel, meant to carry us. (That much was becoming obvious.) The word 'ship,' and 'boat,' was being tossed around in hushed whispers by those who'd gathered. While I'm centered on absorbing, there is a grey lady brushing my neck. Africa's touch sends that flesh to quiver beneath the hot metal. Her moist breath cracks the mirror of silent musing. Without remark, one ear slips her way curiously.

The lady asks what yon creation was. Lips curl into an easy smile, pools shift a wide glance toward the conversations going on around us. "They keep calling it a ship...though I've never seen, nor heard of such a thing." Da often told tales of traveling the ocean with his sire and dame -- but my ancestors had done it without the aid of a vessel.

Her soft, honey rim eyes run North. Mine follow suit blankly, dawning realization toward her wordless thinking is slow. Though it doesn't take long to catch on... a tight grin appears. Fina and Neve spring from my spine as the dappled Medic shifts fluidly into her -other- form. That horrific sound of bones grinding and cracking... like thousands of tiny trees suddenly felled by a damaging swoop.

It was then that I turn from the mass of bodies while my dearest partner flew off with Silas in tow, and two elemental opposites taking an easy lead. Wide pinions spread when clear of the crowd. Sweat had pooled beneath their sheath, making my charcoal flesh ripple as this form catches the sun. Gilden tips rise; powerful compared to the light weights that claim the heavens ahead of me.

I took off a few moments later. Despite their ample headstart, it took little effort to easily overtaken Silas and his beloved bonded. Slowing took considerably more effort, yar, I mask any discomfort, though tis difficult to maintain a comfortable speed that shorter wingbeats could easily maintain. With silence and the wind to fill our empty spaces...my eyes drift to that lithe feathered frame.
Momentarily intrigued and distracted by the notion of being a bird. Did she have avain cravings? This mind would rattle off random questions, but eventually come to the conclusion that this topic was worthy of a later discussion.

We flew on without a sound save for the muffled whomp of heavy feathers striking humid air and stubble, quick beats following thereafter. Far ahead lead Fina, a faint dot of sunlight; she is trailed by a silverly shadow. We hadn't flown long before Africa caught sight of something below. Breaking free from my personal wrapping of inner thoughts I also notice the pale lass from a few seasons prier. Yar, the one with an injured wing. Near her is another familiar face. Lips spread in an easy grin and we land to greet them...

_______

We shared our tale and found their ears had already been filled to burst. Farewells given, our attention turned back toward home and our family.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Noah and his Ark - by Fig - 02-09-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: Noah and his Ark - by Africa - 02-09-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: Noah and his Ark - by Laedere - 02-09-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: Noah and his Ark - by Destry - 02-09-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: Noah and his Ark - by Midas - 02-09-2015, 11:26 PM