the Rift

[OPEN] I Wasn't Prepared [birthing]

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

Something in her tone made him uneasy. He trusted her, of course. He had no reason to believe she would ever lie to him. Family didn't do that to one another, did they? At least nothing worse than a little white lie, right? Erring on the side of caution Miykael sent Eliana to follow Alysanne. "Use caution. Follow but keep your distance and don't let her know you are there." he told her. The zephyr simply nodded and took off, following as silently as her wings could carry her. Meanwhile, the dunskin paint paced anxiously amongst the tall grasses of their little nest. Worry etches his features and makes his heart thump loudly in his ears. Something was wrong but he didn't want to disrespect her wishes, he didn't want to put the final nail in the coffin of their relationship just yet. Things had been tense lately and while he hoped it was merely pregnancy hormones, he had this nagging feeling that it was a result of something else. Something deeper.

So when he saw Hemlock, looking frantic, and felt the heightened anxiety from Eliana through their bond; he didn't hesitate. He leaps into a full on gallop, wings held tightly against his sides. Through his connection with Eliana he found the path quickly and easily and within mere moments he slides to a stop nearby, flinging dirt and other natural debris into the air in front of his hooves (none of it aimed anywhere near Aly or the foal, of course). His breath huffs and pants, sides heaving from the effort of his sprint. Immediately he moves to the black and white pegasus laying on the ground - his blue eyes see only her, not the gray mare that was already there - and already there were tears spilling from her eyes and sliding down her cheeks. Reaching forward he moves to gently wipe the tears away with his soft nose - if she allows him to. "Oh Aly.." he murmurs softly into the tender flesh of her cheek. "Are you alright?" he asks, lifting his head so that he can look her over.

That's when he sees her. Her, his daughter... no, their daughter. The foal is a lump of legs and wings. Lifeless. His heart immediately sinks, tears swelling in his sky blue eyes. A lump forms in his throat, making it difficult to breathe and with shaking steps he eases himself around Aly to the foal behind her. Once by the filly's side, he collapses to his knees and lowers himself gracelessly to the ground. Through teary eyes he pulls on his healing magic and with every ounce of concentration that he can muster he encases the small body in his warm, healing light. It's a desperate attempt. An attempt that, after a moment or two he allows the light to fade and dissipate. He can heal wounds but this wasn't a wound. This was death. Death cannot be healed. Tears spill silently from his eyes as he lowers his lips to the lost child's ear.

"Goodnight my angel, now it's time to sleep
And still so many things I want to say
Remember all the songs you sang for me
When we went sailing on an emerald bay
And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep
The water's dark and deep, inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me..."

He sings softly, the words strained as he held back the sobs that threatened to shake him. His blue eyes close tightly, squeezing back the tears as best he can. The filly twitches then, snorts the fluid out of her nostrils and begins to breathe. Her little breaths are shaky and rapid at first but soon they even out and grow steady. She shifts, bumping into Miykael's chin causing his eyes to bolt open and his heart leap back into his chest. Uncertain, he looks down at the bay and white filly but what he sees only makes him long to be able to rub his eyes. So instead he blinks, hard, and looks down again but the image is the same. Her eyes are open, eyes of vibrant teal, and her sides are clearly moving. Joy surges through him, relief sweeping over him. "She... she's alive!" he finally manages to whisper. The filly lifts herself up off of her side to lay on her belly and she bleats softly - declaring her displeasure at being so wet and cold... and hungry. Miykael can't manage to move, let alone stand, so he remains by the filly's side. With a fair amount of struggle, he finally manages to pull his gaze from the filly to look at Aly. That's when he notices the gray mare, he offers her a soft smile. "Thank you... thank you for being here." he adds, happy tears streaming down his face.

notes: song is lullabye (goodnight, my angel) by billy joel.

well, me — i fall in love with you every single day
*       ********************MIYKAEL; SON OF AN ANGEL
image credits
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Alysanne - 02-09-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Brisa - 02-09-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Miykael - 02-10-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Artorius - 02-18-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Alysanne - 02-23-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Brisa - 02-28-2015, 09:54 PM