the Rift

[OPEN] I Wasn't Prepared [birthing]

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
ARTORIUS

I was finally beginning to doze off; beginning to drift off into the memories of Nocturne and the enjoyable time I had growing up along my cousins and the other foals of the lands. Everything had been wonderful, save for the fact that my mother hadn't been around for very long, there was plenty of stuff to do and others who watched over the lot of us, mending wounds and listening to tall tales of the exciting things we did. Some of which were stories that I kept to myself, for even now at three years old the things we did would warrant a stern glance from any adults that might be near. Just as ink stained lids were lowering themselves over bright emeralds the screeching sound of Alysanne's owl, Hemlock, tore through the air.
Even though I couldn't hear the inner workings of the terra hued avian, the tone of its cry was enough to make even the most stable creature's blood turn to ice. Was my mother okay? Panic trickled into my frame as I stretched my wings out, a single, harsh smack sounded through the near silent clearing as my inky frame was lifted effortlessly from the solid ground in which I stood. "What's wrong with mat'?" All thoughts of sleep were suddenly distant as I followed the owl closely once I made sure my own bonded was securely attached to the feathery joint on my back, a confused cooing came from the infant over the frantic emotions that were flashing through my mind now. Barnabas wasn't sure what was happening and he didn't enjoy the fact that our nap time was being interrupted. I attempted to batten down the hatches and hide the panic that had taken over my mind, no need for the infant to be upset as well.
It didn't take long for Hemlock to lead me to where my mother's beautiful black and white body was slumped against the ground, a bloody mass not far behind her...not moving. A feeble cry escaped from inky lips while glossy harks pinned backwards, as much hatred as I had in my lean frame for the dunskin stallion at this point, the death of a child was nothing I would wish on anyone. The stallion's mournful song reached my ears as long limbs landed gently on the ground. Forcing myself to hold back any further cries and accepting the warm, loving embrace of hopeful emotions radiating from the young puffin. Even at such a young age Barnabas was wise beyond his time and for that I was more than thankful. My star studded skull tilted away from where the crumpled corpse laid in its pool of fluids that should have protected it, rather I focused on my mother who hadn't moved from the tear soaked ground in which she lay.
A soft sigh slipped forwards as I moved around to the back of my mother where I settled my frame along her's a white dipped wing draping across her body, if she allowed, in what I hoped would be a comforting embrace in her time of need. It no longer was important what hard feelings I held towards her for leaving me at a young age, we were family and family stuck together no matter what. "It'll be okay ma." I whispered before the words of exclamation came from the duo that stood around the deceased child. "She... she's alive!" The deep voice of the dunskin rang out along with the gentler song of the dappled that I didn't know, "Aly! Aly look it’s alright. Things are going to be ok, your baby is beautiful!" The muscles in my neck bunched as my gaze was turned over my shoulder to the deceased filly who's sides were now moving ever so slightly with the breath of life, quickly my wing retracted from its position over my mother in case she leapt up to perform the motherly duties that came along with a newborn.
I was on my hooves in a matter of seconds and taking a tentative step closer to the newborn that moments ago had been travelling to the pearly gates where she would have waited until each of us had joined her. Emeralds glanced in Miykael's direction, the flicker of disdain being held back with all of Barnabas' efforts put forth, the words I had for the painted stallion would have a time in our future. But for now it was time to celebrate the birth of a new family member.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Alysanne]
Words;; 757
Notes;; Sorry this took so long guys, I'm a horrible person ;__; don't hate me

Credits: Image by xyroca @ deviantart
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Messages In This Thread
I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Alysanne - 02-09-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Brisa - 02-09-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Miykael - 02-10-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Artorius - 02-18-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Alysanne - 02-23-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Brisa - 02-28-2015, 09:54 PM