the Rift

[OPEN] above the waves

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Sikeax

Turn everything off
And just cover your neck
Cause life is full of your regrets

Ecstasy floods her veins while the water drinks her in. Her muzzle and eyes were uncomfortable to push under, but when a crashing wave strikes what removes above the water, she becomes fully engulfed in the pond and sinks, taking a breath only to figure out that she isn't dying, but feeling herself breathe like she always does.
Is this normal? Is this what dying is like? Death must be some sort of bliss, she decides, but it doesn't attack her, snapping at her throat and lungs when she takes in water.
Sikeax!
Her name pulls her out of there in fear that she has come too close to the barrier between life and death, the ghosts on the other side yelling her name to guide her in. Legs churn, pushing her to the surface. The switch is a bitch.
Water spats from her and then she's aware that she was never near the barrier, that someone very real was throwing themselves towards her to ensure that she was alright. What's his name again? Roland? Bathed in moonlight, his details are more defined than they were when they had first spoken. A comfort soothes her, finding ease in that maybe someone finds her important.
Crawling towards him, embarrassment falls atop her like a dark blanket. "I'm fine, I promise. I was..." Her eyes scan the disrupted surface of the pond in confusion as if her reasoning for that was going to leap from the waters and hit her in the face. It never does. "I'm not sure what I was doing, to be honest. When you go underwater, do you normally choke or does it feel natural to you? Like you breathe above the water?"
Maybe it was normal for others to be able to breathe underwater and she'd been slow figuring it out. It wasn't like she had attempted to drown herself before and then discovered that 'hey, I'm not dying,' whenever she went under.
Roland's reaction should of been enough to tell her that breathing underwater wasn't natural, but reassurance would be nice.

OOC: Sorry for such a long wait!
@[Roland]
coding
images

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Messages In This Thread
above the waves - by Sikeax - 02-09-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: above the waves - by Roland - 02-21-2015, 12:42 AM
RE: above the waves - by Sikeax - 03-02-2015, 11:26 PM