the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Surrender

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

Resplendence
</style>

The way that Kahlua had looked at the meeting concerned her greatly. Far more must be weighing on the mare than she had first revealed because Resplendence herself seemed to have taken over the conversation with accusations. No. She would check on her friend. She was definitely going to check on her friend. So, as they dispersed she instantly tried to shuffle her way forward - much more agile on her feet with a tiny bump in her belly compared to the mid-term pregnancy that Kahlua seemed to be dealing with. Had she been with child when they had last talked? Had Resplendence been so distracted by her own grief, guilt, and anxiety that she hadn't noticed baby weight upon her painted sister's frame?

Still, Kaj left so fast - as if the world would end if he stayed there any longer, and luckily for Res, Archibald also went off in a different direction. She shudders, in a brisk trot now as she tried to close the space - Valiance flying down ahead of the painted mare to try and catch her attention while Res called out, "Sister, wait!" The glitter from her mane and tail (that she still couldn't figure out how it wasn't disappearing completely over time) was still falling, spreading across the ground behind her and even a little before her as she managed to pull up in front of Kahlua. "What's wrong sister? You wouldn't meet Kaj's gaze… What is troubling you so?" She inquires, before reaching out to bump maws with the one that she cared so much for. "And I see you are around mid-term… congratulations on the foal. I'm sure the young-one will be gorgeous," she whispers, eyes flickering to try and desperately meet the painted one's gaze.

"And don't you dare worry about me. We are going to talk about you- and you are going to get it all out. You've let me do that with you, it's time I repay this favor." Her words are stern, almost motherly - radiating the new confidence that that bubbled in her breast from Quilyan's return that the child she was now carrying. Yes. Res was better, but Kahlua was worse. And that phrase. That one sentence. It needed to be fixed immediately.

@[Kahlua]
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

k a h l u a

The Sunshower had been so intent on looking down, studying the ground, watching the way leaves were crushed beneath her too-heavy hooves so that she would not have to watch the way that Kaj totally ignored her, that she had not even noticed Res trying to follow after her. As Valiance flew before her, the queen started slightly, lifting her head and stopping her exit. Behind her, the Moon Doctor’s familiar voice called out and the queen could not help but smile. Khan, having grown both used and tired of Kahlua’s incessant sorrows, decided to try and start a game. Swooping down from above, the little blue expelled a weak gust of frost breath in the general direction of a tree near Valiance. Trying to brush the red with his feathers, Khan tossed his head and caws before flying off into the trees, hoping Valiance would follow in a game of chase.

Absently, the queen watched the dragon’s antics before turning back to face Resplendence, her smile fading as Kaj’s name was spoken. Internally, she was torn- she wanted to comment gaily on how beautiful the sparkles that rained down from Res’ hair were and rush forward to greet her, but she also felt locked in a prison of darkness that she couldn’t escape.

At least she didn’t have to make any decisions for herself- Res gave prompt instructions and the queen felt somehow that there would be no ignoring them until all her answers were given. “Oh Res,” she said, reaching her nose out to return the pink mare’s greeting. “Kaj… He’s… We’re… we’re fighting. He’s mad at me.” Her head swung around for a moment to look at her belly- everyone had been so busy congratulating her like she was supposed to be happy, and yet she felt none of that excitement. She felt only death creeping slowly towards her.

“The Earth God, after… after Hototo. He said I was needed to restore balance, and… How could I say no to a God, Res? They’ve given me so much. But when Kaj saw me, and heard, he didn’t understand.” Frowning, she tried to remember what words he had said to her. “He said I should have said no and that I was acting like a child. And that… that I must not really love him.” The last part wasn’t a direct quote, but it was inferred from what he had said to her. Had she ever even told Res how she felt about Kaj? It didn’t matter now, so much of the world was broken around her. “I don’t know how to make anything right anymore.”

Stepping forward, she buried her face in Res’ mane. She was all cried out long ago, but there was comfort there in the shimmering tresses that fell from her sister’s mane. And though Res had insisted that Kahlua should talk about herself, the queen couldn’t help but offer some muffled words from where she stood. “You’re sparkling. It’s beautiful.”

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes

Image Credits :: Table by Time

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

resplendence ,
hold me now and leave me never

Her queen was not herself. The painted mare was in shock, startling as Valiance flew in before her in an attempt to gather her attention. An apology curled through the air, though, soon after until Res began her questions about what was happening.

Rose and black pressed muzzle to muzzle before answers began to be given. She said that she and Kaj had been fighting, head moving to look toward the belly and explaining the child in her stomach. A plea for understanding, asking how someone could dare go against the Gods. Said Kaj hadn't understood, called her a child… but the last part, it confused Res. Her nostrils flared a little in uncertainty, though she stayed quiet until her sister had finished speaking.

Head buried in Res's mane, muffled words spoke of the glittering beauty that was radiating off of her. Carefully, Res pressed her own maw against the painted mare's neck, trying to offer the warmth of her breath against the broken mare's flesh in an attempt to weave her shattered mind back together. "You will both get through this." she reassures her sister, before allowing a few more specific words to slip from her lips, "You had every right to bear the Earth God's child. He would not have asked you if you were not ready, if you were acting like a child. I'm sure that you love Kaj - as sure as I can ever be, for you would not be this broken if you didn't."

Eyes flickered, Valiance coming back from following Khan into the trees and landing atop Kahlua's back, stretching out wings in a form of a hug - embrace from both Res and Valiance. "Everything is hell right now, Kahlua - sister - but Hell means the world has a different path, a better path, for you to follow…" Sincerity laced her words as she allowed a few moments of silence for the words to slip in. Then, and only then, did she allow any conversation about her sparkling pool of glitter that was still accumulating around her feet. "Thanks… a meteor fell, covered me in that dust. It just… it doesn't seem to come off…" she tried to explain, before turning the conversation back to Kahlua. "My dear, is there anything I can do for you - anything at all?"

And how she dearly hoped that she could do something to ease her sister's pain.

sorry it took so long ;-; RL stress beats me up©

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love