the Rift

[OPEN] the garden meeting

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

In the frantic upheaval of the entirety of Helovia, Öde had easily slipped back into the way of the world as it had been when he enjoyed it the most, when it had been stable, and calm, and good. Then he had died, a fact which he either couldn't remember, or was incapable of understanding and so thrust it out of his memories like radioactive waste. Hence the gradual response to Lena's surprise was a slow, misplaced dawning of confusion.

"I'm glad to see you," he uttered in dry response to her strange tone, head tilting to the side as he tried to articulate her bizarre mood. He would have discounted it as the stressful work of the flood which had them all running a bit thin, but not Lena. She was a rock, squarely and sternly founded with unyielding strength. She was sure of her place in the world, each footfall cast out with assurance and radiating the kindness that bore her soul. Why then was she now faltering?

The words she uttered next made his features fall. Uncertain his ears transitioned from back to forward rapidly, while his body sucked into itself, haunches holding him up sternly as his tail fretted at his hocks. He didn't understand the confusion, the sorrow, the lack of love. Whatever was wrong he loathed it, feared it, and so he stomped angrily on it. "W-what do you mean? It's because of you," Öde stuttered out, red eyes flashing almost with accusation. How did she not remember a day so pivotal from him?

"You rescued me..." you loved me, I thought. Was I wrong to expect her to take up the mantle of mother, even to a boy now grown?

In the back of my mind dark memories fluttered, and my mother's dying voice echoed between my ears; not one fabricated by my subconscious this time. Her corpse still haunted me. It was so fresh, still cooling in the false light of the caves, washed red in a freshly rooted tree that stood for me, though it would feed on her bones.

What happened to me?

@[Lena]
ÖDE
IT IS NOT A GOD'S DUTY TO BOW TO DENIZENS OF MORTAL FLESH

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Messages In This Thread
the garden meeting - by Lena - 02-11-2015, 06:43 PM
RE: the garden meeting - by Roland - 02-12-2015, 12:58 AM
RE: the garden meeting - by Öde - 02-12-2015, 01:17 AM
RE: the garden meeting - by Nyx - 02-12-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: the garden meeting - by Vitani - 02-12-2015, 02:34 PM
RE: the garden meeting - by Déodat - 02-12-2015, 05:09 PM
RE: the garden meeting - by Lena - 02-14-2015, 08:21 AM
RE: the garden meeting - by Öde - 02-15-2015, 04:53 PM
RE: the garden meeting - by Lena - 02-16-2015, 02:39 PM