the Rift

[OPEN] Preserve The Memory

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

I lead Hertz to the sea, towards one of the murder trees that had sprung up when the murderer was uncovered. It needed to be preserved, the memory of the child's soul kept alive, so that none may forget the horror of the Moon Goddess's work. I stand before the tree, looking up at the branches. Such senseless death. Yet, I supposed the Moon Goddess thought it was justified.

I turn to look at Hertz, ears pricking. "Do you want to carry the clipping?" I ask, looking back at the tree, my wing draping over my son's back, pulling him a little closer. This had been someone's daughter... someone's sister, someone's friend. Out of all the plant life, I hoped others had the same idea to save clippings of these trees, to preserve the memories of the fallen.

Memory needed to be preserved, honored, for truly all we had of the dead were our memories.

@[Hertz] Hertz and Buce, free to crash!
"Bucephalus speaks"
"Altan speaks"

Word Count:000 Tags:000 Notes:000

Credits
Image by Aud
Coding by Tamme

Pixel by Aud

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
<style type="text/css">.border{position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 550px;padding: 20px;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;border: 1px solid #06061E;background: #06061E url('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/ruinedecho/Patterns/tileable_midnight_blue_grunge_pattern_13_zpsff7712a1.jpg');border: 1px solid #06061E;}.container {position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 550px;background: #06061E;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;box-shadow: 0 0 4px 2px #446576;}.container p {margin: 0;}.image {width: 550px;margin-bottom: -70px;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;}.gradient {position: absolute;z-index: 5;top: 370px;width: 550px;height: 200px;background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%, rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%, rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(6,6,30,0)), color-stop(12%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12)), color-stop(100%,rgba(6,6,30,1)));background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#0006061e', endColorstr='#06061e',GradientType=0 );}.message {position: relative;z-index: 10;text-align: justify;font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif;padding: 20px;padding-bottom: 8px;color: #446576;}.name {position: relative;z-index: 15;padding: 0px;bottom: 5px;left: -20px;font: 32px 'Nothing You Could Do', serif;color: #557F95;text-shadow: 6px 6px 7px #263948;}.quote {position: absolute;z-index: 20;bottom: 3px;left: 230px;font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif;padding: 0px;color: #384F3F;font-style: italic;}</style>

SWP Task 3

Syrena and her not-as-bad-as-the-others friend companion had so far agreed that the tasks were pretty pointless. To start, anyone that did not hear the warning about the boat deserved to drown. And then gathering up water? Because there was going to be a shortage in a flood? Now! Well, Syrena did not eat what the others did - she thrived on water-plants and something told her they were going to be just fine after the flood was over. They might even be a little bit more plentiful. There really was no need to save any of them and they certainly wouldn’t be much use to anyone else…

Oh, well, maybe it would be worth a trip to the beach to grab some of the seaweed. She could use it to chew while they were on the boat and this trip would effectively waste time that could otherwise be spent helping others.

There was a stallion a little further down the beach near a tree but Syrena wasn’t interested in him, just another face that mattered nothing until she had her magic back - until she was something to be feared again and she could drown him and his golden feathers. Her focus was on the gently lapping waves that she moved into, rooting around with her muzzle - the water staining her grey coat blue and teal with the cool waters - and to find what she was looking for. The fins on the back of her heels fanned out in the current. “Do you eat seaweed?” She asked the mare she assumed had followed her - what else would she be doing?

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

Syrena and Rhea crashing and proving how great they are at team-playing! :D

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Dragging those stupid wooden buckets back to the boat was absolutely ridiculous and a waste of time. If only she had the knowledge of some of the local poisons to add to the supply. Then they might actually succeed in getting a few of the idiots to drop dead oh yay. Groaning quietly at the third announcement/task she couldn't help but glare up at the Earth god in loathing. He must really be enjoying this whole ordering everyone around but sooner or later someone would stick it to him and make him regret it. Perhaps she should just add all of the gods and goddesses to her list while she was at it. They all seemed to have gigantic egos and attitudes to go along with it. Now if she was a goddess that would just be divine she mused happily.

Well at least this task seemed to have some sorta sense to it whereas the last two didn't. Food would be important to keep them all alive but why did they all have to stay alive? Wandering along after her partner she was half contemplating grabbing a couple long strands of grass or a tree branch to save the searching and get it done. It wouldn't be what mr earth wanted but that was just too bad. Watching her odd "friend" wading into the water she wondered what on earth she was thinking of before she noticed the seaweed all gathered along the shoreline. Well she supposed it was edible and it was definitely easier than fighting with a tree to tear off a limb. " Never tried it before but I suppose its edible." She replied lowering her head down to sniff at it before taking a small piece into her mouth.

The taste was odd but she had to admit it wasn't horrible. " Seaweed ain't exactly on the menu up in the Basin." She added pawing a couple of the largest chunks into a pile. Well if all else fails it would be satisfying to chuck at someone. Glancing over to the pegasus searching down the beach she had the urge to try out her theory just to see its effect.

Syrena and Rhea

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Aithniel
The first flame burned gloriously, but the second flame burns cold.

Aithniel returned with her bucket of water, walking in quiet. She wondered about the rain. She wondered what it would do and how much tension would brew being in such close quarters. Having not been alive for the darkness that forced everyone in the caves, she had no reference point. The fire child walked east, knowing that even some insignificant plants needed love too. Everyone else would go for the flowers or the pretty vines, but there were grasses by the sea that seemed soft and tasty. They needed to be thought of too. "I like how thoughtful you are," she said. The words were fact, not intended to flatter.

"I think it's nice." The strange daughter of the sun smiled before walking up to the grasses, inhaling the salty, sea breeze. Carefully, she dug around a patch of the grass and gently pried it up by using her deft toes to pick at it from the bottom. Eventually the entire patch along with the root base popped loose, and she looked over at her new friend, waiting patiently. Aithniel looked up and around, frowning deeply as she saw one of the trees that marked a fallen body. Her chest hitched, and she frowned, watching a pegasus take a clipping and a strange, scaled mare stand by and watch.

"Before you were born, a murderer killed so many of us. Those trees... the special ones... they mark where someone died."

@[Isopia]

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Consider your origin. You were not formed to live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.
Compliments made the girl feel weird.

On the one hand they seemed to emphasize traits of hers over which she had no control. For instance, she could easily have been the opposite, where she wasn't thoughtful, but instead was arrogant or boisterous. Then again, it made her feel as though she was supposed to reciprocate. But she'd already paid Aithniel a compliment - a genuine one. Anything more would seem forced; would be forced. She felt torn. The girl didn't want to say the wrong thing and insult or distance herself from what could be a friendship, but nor did she want to offer false flattery just for the sake of reciprocation.

But now too much time had passed. The girl needed to say something. A blank golden stare found Aith, and she pressed a smile to her lips. It was slightly forced at first, but felt more genuine after a moment as her muscles accepted the gesture. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate the compliment. She simply didn't know how to react.

The demi-child paused when her older sibling did, her golden gaze following Aithniel's. As the ashen filly spoke, the girl found herself nodding her quad-horned head. She had heard of the murders, of what had happened. She had even tried to speak with the God of the Moon about it. It was to her that the girl owed her life after all. Hototo's death cleared the path for her own existence. One couldn't hate their creator.

Or could they?

"Yes. Kahlua told me." She responded, softly. "I like that trees mark their graves instead of stone. Life should always follow death."

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas
Was it wrong that I’d decided to follow the glorious mare from the beach right back to where we’d first met? Probably. Did I care that I appeared to be quite the pervert? No. I was a grown man, more than capable of handling my masculine interactions in an even manlier way… Or at least I thought. The lovely silver mare had completely ignored me while lurking along the shore, but I wasn’t giving up just yet. Of course, Vacant Eyes probably wouldn’t be too interested in my antics so I tried to keep my eyes on her, despite the fact that my senses were screaming at me to ignore the silent killer and go for the gorgeous lady with the cerulean eyes.

However, I’d been led astray too many times before and I’d come to Helovia in hopes of changing my ways… So I’d decided to admire from afar.

There was a queer looking stallion down the beach from where my current fixation had decided to collect the newly demanded “plants”, but a lion didn’t worry over the opinions of sheep (and let’s be honest, that man was a sheep if I’d ever seen one). Apparently, the two fillies who accompanied him thought him to be marvelous (a real ladies’ man), but I wasn’t fooled. Beauty was only skin deep.

That man could have all the women in Helovia swooning at his hooves as long as it wasn’t my silver-girl. I wore stars better anyways.

With a huff, I turned away from those gathered on the beach and dipped my head low in order to grab a mouthful of sandy weeds. Surely the world would miss the presence of these lovely sprouts.
Coding by Tamme || Image Credits

Jorogumo Syrena -- Needed to Edit

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow