the Rift

[OPEN] an idiot's guide to dendrology --

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

Back at the last location I had tried to lift and carry my bucket full of water, but I didn't seem capable of carrying it and keeping up with Hector without spilling the water completely. Luckily Hector was able to carry both back to the meadow where the wooden structure and the organizer waited for our return.

As we walked I remembered how Hector told me I had nothing to be sorry for back in the wooded area with the fancy building. But the way he had told me that I couldn't let dangerous magic be so reckless, it made me wonder how I could even do a thing. I didn't even know why or how it happened entirely. It just...happened. But maybe some day I would know all those things. Maybe Hector knew somebody who could help me. Maybe Hector could help me.

My attention diverted to Hector when he spoke about not having to hide anything from him. My eyes softened a little. No hiding anything meant subjecting him to knowing about my past. A past I was desperately trying to run away from. He didn't need to know the pain and trauma that I had gone through. No...I didn't want to give him the burden of knowing. There was a difference wasn't there?

His gaze seemed to search my eyes for something before he spoke again. 'Father and daughter – no secrets. Deal?' My eyes stung upon hearing those words fall from his lips and the hot tears that formed threatened to fall down my cheeks. But they didn't fall. Instead they remained in my teal eyes making them glisten. He...he called me daughter and referred to himself as father. It wasn't something I had ever expected to hear from him, let alone from my own lips.

No secrets...I paused as I contemplated agreeing to this deal Hector threw at me. No secrets meant sharing everything. Never holding back. I tilted my gaze towards my hooves as we walked. Did I really want to agree to such a deal? What if Hector decided he didn't want me after hearing all that he thought he wanted to hear? What if I didn't like something that Hector had to tell me? I didn't want to ruin what bond we had. After a few minutes though, I figured I had no choice but to agree if I was going to stay with Hector. Besides, while it flooded and we were all safe on the wooden thing we'd have a lot of time to talk so there really was no escaping the subjects that were to be brought up.

“Deal,” I say a little hesitantly and then waited for him to bring up the first question but he seemed to be busy with his own thoughts so I looked towards our heading and kept more so to myself until he spoke about harnessing my ability and using it properly. His nose bumped against my painted body somewhat playfully, and it brought a faint smile upon my lips. But the smile was short lived as I realized that he probably needed to know a few things.

“That was the second time,” I began hoping he'd realize that I was talking about the spike thingy that happened, “I...,” my voice choked on a sob that became caught in my throat, “I don't know why or how. It...,” A single tear fell down my cheek followed by two more not long after, “It just happens. I didn't mean to hurt her Hector.”

I looked up to Hector as if just looking at him would make everything better. No more wingless would come for me. This spike thingy would just go away. My past would just disappear...but looking at him did none of those things.

“I just wanted her to leave me alone,” I whispered just barely loud enough for him to hear as I forced myself to stop crying before asking Hector a question, “She...she wants me doesn't she?”

My eyes met Hector's own as we finally reached the organizer and he placed the buckets down. Then the winged stallion gave us another task: gather some plants. And so we headed off in a different direction yet again. Yay...

All of this traveling was beginning to grow tiring to me. Boring even. But I guess it was needed to get the items that the organizer needed for us to be able to board his structure. To pass the time though I figured I play a little game with Hector. A guessing game.

“I'm tall yet short. I reach for the sky, yet hug the ground. I can be thick, I can be thin,” I stumble the words out as I grab some blue flowers with a yellow center remembering what Hector mentioning about the trees, “What am I?”

I scrambled across the ground as I spotted some low lying plant with whitish pink flowers and red berries of some sort. Quickly I grabbed some of those and added them to my little pile as well. Then we continued to travel a bit longer into a land with a bunch of pine trees. I noticed a group of which we had come across with every single task. Destry...and the wingless mare. Seeing to two together and remembering how Hector interacted with some of the others we encountered on our trips made wonder something. The question grew within my mind until it about screamed at me and so I turned to Hector after grabbing a few branches off of a bush full of some clusters of golden fruit and then decided I was done collecting plants.

“Hector,” I began slowly and tenderly, “The wingless,” I said and motioned towards the mare that was with Destry, “Are all of them evil?”

I paused for while and watched the other group as I stood still. Were all wingless bad? Did all of them want to capture those of us with wings and treat us like they did mum? Did Destry hang out with one of them because she was a spy? What exactly did that mean anyways?

“Also, what's a spy?” My question was innocent enough but what I didn't realize was that my question was surely to lead me to a whole new chapter of my life. A life where questions and knowledge would surround me and I would enjoy it because no matter what Hector would still be my father.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 1080
TAGGED;; @[Hector]
OOC;; so much feels....So anyways...Isa picked some Sky Blue Aster, Wild Strawberry vines, and Golden Raspberry stems.

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Messages In This Thread
an idiot's guide to dendrology -- - by Destry - 02-11-2015, 07:32 PM
RE: an idiot's guide to dendrology -- - by Hector - 02-11-2015, 08:31 PM
RE: an idiot's guide to dendrology -- - by Isara - 02-12-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: an idiot's guide to dendrology -- - by Arya - 02-12-2015, 01:43 AM
RE: an idiot's guide to dendrology -- - by Rhoa - 02-12-2015, 11:47 AM
RE: an idiot's guide to dendrology -- - by Destry - 02-12-2015, 09:10 PM