Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

It didn't take long for him to oblige. His lips were like velvet against her skin as he worked, and a shiver ran through her suddenly. She looked at him with wide eyes, wondering if he had done it on purpose, but he was so focused on his task that she decided that he had meant nothing by it. They way he was so tender with her downy mane, so deliberate in each move, her heart was beginning to beat faster at the touch, the sensation of his breath gently blowing against her neck. Her eyes closed slightly, body relaxing into him as she let him finish, smiling softly in enjoyment. It was over all too soon when he pulled away, causing reality to return and for her eyes to reopen to find tears in those emerald eyes.

Surprised, her smile fell away and it was at once replaced with concern, dainty hooves stepping closer to embrace him, to wipe away the tears and croon unintentionally as she spoke,"Cerin, what's wrong? Did I offend you in some way? If you didn't want to wear the flowers, all you had to do was tell me!" She messed up somewhere, she had made him feel this way and she couldn't help but feel awful. The tears wouldn't stop and concern was turning in panic, her lips freverently moving along his cheek to his neck, blowing soft air in an attempt to soothe as she gently lipped and groomed, before burying her muzzle into his mane. Her shoulder pressed into his chest, eyes closing as she took in all of him as he was, completely open like a fresh wound before her. She didn't know how on Earth this happened, but she had to fix it, to make it all better. She would do anything to see the way his body shook from laughter again.

Breaths coming out a little faster, her eyes flitted about the flowers, her lips grabbing one, slowly beginning to pull it out from his hairs embrace. Once it was free, she took a step back, dropping it to the ground and looking into those eyes she favored the most, smiling softly and coming back in, only this time to embrace him. Though she couldn't drape her head over his neck, she tried, placing her muzzle as high as she could, pressing it and her cheek tenderly against his neck as their chests touched, and she simply stayed there, letting the tears soak her shoulders and leave stains upon her wings, all of it nothing in comparison to the hurt that she felt. She wouldn't let him feel like this, she hated it, and so, after a moment of silence, she began to sing:

"Little child, be not afraid
The rain pounds harsh against the glass
Like an unwanted stranger
There is no danger
I am here tonight

Little child
Be not afraid
Though thunder explodes
And lightning flash
Illuminates your tearstained face
I am here tonight

And someday you'll know
That nature is so
This same rain that draws you near me
Falls on rivers and land
And forests and sand
Makes the beautiful world that you see
In the morning
"

She stopped there, letting her eyes droop slowly, letting the silence fill them and surround them, to cocoon them in this moment. She would cherish him forever, for he was something far more special than anything else she had encountered before. A silent Knight, a heart made of gold that radiated as he wore it on his sleeve, a china doll that was shattered then hastily glued back together. She didn't care though, because to her; he was perfection. She didn't know what had happened in his past, what had caused him to be how he was, but she related, and it was that that made them mesh together so well. They were a pair, sewn at the hip and she had no intention of changing that. He was her breath of fresh air, her sanctuary and salvation.

He made the world seem right and that she could accomplish anything. It made her feel like something, and her chest would fill with warmth whenever he smiled in her direction. He was the ray of sunshine to her rainy day, and it made her feel complete. As she kept her breathing even with his, hoping that the tears would soon dry away, she couldn't help but ask herself one thing in her mind: Was this what love was?

"Speech"
Text
Thought

OOC: Oh my god, the cuteness, I'm dying. "Lullaby for a Stormy Night" By Vienna Tang is the song <3
WC: 751
TAG: Cerin
Image Credit
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
when their hearts are breaking - by Cerin - 02-12-2015, 07:28 PM
RE: when their hearts are breaking - by Myrrine - 02-12-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: when their hearts are breaking - by Cerin - 02-14-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: when their hearts are breaking - by Myrrine - 02-15-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: when their hearts are breaking - by Cerin - 02-21-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: when their hearts are breaking - by Myrrine - 02-26-2015, 04:07 PM