the Rift

the world is spinning

Nocturne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
N.octurne
"My apologies, madam, I will hold still." just as soon as I straighten back out. Carefully I moved back to relax my neck and turned an ear to listen to her. Resplendence, that was certainly an excellent name for her. I had no clue what a Moon Doctor was or what the Worlds Edge was though I supposed that could just be where the world ended. It made sense. There was a herd there? Why would anyone want to live at the edge of the world. Wasn't the world round though? How could it have an edge? The weight of the dragons tail on my neck pressed down on me, surprising me as he settled onto my crown. I rolled my eyes up to try and look at the little red creature, amazed. "Oh, thank you kindly Valiance; may I call you that?" It would be most unpleasant to find out the dragon did not want me calling them by name! I smiled to Resplendence.

"He is a most valiant companion indeed, and it is a pleasure to meet the both of you." tiny bits of wood and bark flicked out and ticked against my face and the base of my white horn. I closed my eyes and turned my ears to keep the dust and tree bits from irritating anything. She spoke again as the dragon lifted up and away. I stepped back, careful to follow her request to the letter to not fret the kind lady. For a moment my horn resisted deeper inside the tree and then, with a soft audible 'pop' it slid free as I stepped back and away from it. "Ah-hah!" I cried with triumph, shaking the bark and dust off of my head and hair. "My sincerest thanks, truly! I do not know what I would have done alone." and the itch was gone! I bounced back further from the tree, twisting to rub sap off of my horn against my hip.

My tail lashed slowly back and forth behind me, tangling the silken hairs against the grassy, leaf covered earth. I turned, certain my horn was as clean again as I could make it just then and dipped in a polite bow to Resplendence. "And now I might speak with you direct, lady Resplendence. I am grateful you came by when you did. It there is aught I can do for you or your kindly companion do let me know." That was a debt I feared I wouldn't cover again. It was likely I would ahve killed myself, or been left to be killed, stuck like that. How often would a kind soul come by and how many kind souls were available to do so, really, in this world?

Now that I could face the lady I found myself amazed. There was a settling of maroon... glitter? All about her hair. Where had that come from? I stepped towards her, lowering my head to the level of the end of her mane to stare. "Just where have I wandered too?" I whispered, more to myself than to miss Resplendence. I could not stop staring at that dark red dust shining in the dappled sunlight. A dust that helped bring the red of the dragon into a whole new blend of 'perfect for her'. The colors all tying together around me to accent her. Much more thrilling than black and white.
O.oc details
COUNT five seven one TAGS open/ @Resplendence PLAYLIST none ARTWORK by myself
NOTES - - - -

Messages In This Thread
the world is spinning - by Nocturne - 02-12-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: the world is spinning - by Resplendence - 02-12-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: the world is spinning - by Nocturne - 02-12-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: the world is spinning - by Resplendence - 02-12-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: the world is spinning - by Nocturne - 02-13-2015, 12:32 AM
RE: the world is spinning - by Resplendence - 02-13-2015, 10:31 PM
RE: the world is spinning - by Nocturne - 02-14-2015, 04:57 AM