the Rift

For the love of Steel (Questing, RE, Ali, Alex)

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

It is a simple thing they require of me- I am quite capable of such a task. Whether or not they deserve it, however... that is the question. You have expired and lain across the earth, taking comfort in its chill as it teases you with the idea of leaving this coil. I have never considered your death, never figured it to be a possibility. I am the immortal- never have I faced the thought that those around me are not.

Earth swells and heat emanates from my form as the metal beneath the ice begins to surface. It lifts with the power of the artisan that I have possessed ever since I first trod upon the deserted land of the Dragon's Throat, and aids me now. The steel swirls about me and you mewl pathetically from where you rest feet away. You fear the silvery, heated substance that has so much become my life. You fear me.

I hear the mare's words but they do not affect me. I am long past offense- I will simply use the fact against her. Then again, the Stallion's earnest attempts to please me, his obvious ingratiation, is disgusting. They are little more than common filth- I am disappointed. "This steel you seek," I begin with a malicious tone, turning to watch it as it floats about organically, "I can grant it to you, on one simple condition." I wonder if it is simple for them; my intelligence far exceeds my herdmates, will they fail to understand even this? The command comes simple and clear, with one glance in your direction before it hurts too much.

"Lead him away from me. Bring him to a healer, force him from my side if you must," I hiss, ignoring your protests, even as I begin to sense them creeping into my thoughts. You have begun to learn the ways of communication- It hurts me even more to know what you are thinking. To see your pain was one thing; to hear it in your words, to sense it in our bond, that is the pain I cannot forget. To heal you... would it end my ails?

I throw the steel at the stallion's feet, letting it hiss against the cold and molding it before him. "Take your steel, but take him with you." I say coldly, no longer wishing to be here with you. I hear you crying in my mind, sense your despair. You love me; you don't want to leave me.

Why, I wonder? Why?

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
RE: For the love of Steel (Questing, RE, Ali, Alex) - by Prometheus - 10-02-2012, 04:42 PM