the Rift

[OPEN] Two by Two

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

With my pretty thistles safe on the boat, I felt like I had the entire world on my shoulders. Even with the little drive-by's involving my family, I felt like I had a purpose. Heck, me and Cheska were helping save the world. How many horses get to say that in their lifetime? Not many! We're apart of this grand scheme to save them all. I couldn't help but feel bad though, would the Earth God make sure the things the horses couldn't get made it onto the boat? Surely there were not enough teams to bring back every plant.

Yet again though, another task was at hand. This time, we get to go catch animals, how cool! A number of ideas run through my head. Butterflies can get themselves to the boat, and probably a number of bird. I bet Edgar is going to help my mom wrangle all his bird-y friends in. So what would me and Cheska catch?

She leads me to the Rotunda thing again, but we aren't here to save that. I wonder if it will survive the flood. Will the stones hold up or crack under pressure? Either way, the fishes would have a good home in there while the flood lasted! Running to keep up with her, I suddenly know what she's after. It was the stripy dark creature things I had seen at the Falls. I see them mostly at dusk, but sometimes I'll see them running about during the mornings.

Cheska tries her first attempt at a catch, and it gets away. I squeal, not quite sure what to do. She was right, because these things were really, really fast! I was completely stumped on how we were going to do this. Unlike my clever bucket and sap scheme, this one was too hard for my little brain. Turning my head, I look up at her expectantly. I don't even know where to start with all of this catching nonsense! Too bad my magic didn't just like slow-mo things down, then we could catch it. Here, my magic was useless considering the creatures would then be a lot faster than they were.

Cheska's smart though, and she already has an idea! I watch her grab materials, and prance behind to help get it to the island. Setting it down, I watch in amazement as she comes up with the cleverest idea! Smiling, I look up to Cheska, not only because I'm amazed, but now she has a story! No one told me a lot of stories, except for Cheska. I loved the way she told them, especially the one about the origins of the different species of horses. They not only were fun to listen to, but they also helped calm me down.

Following behind, we finally made it to the other side of the bank. Cheska promptly begins, I stare up at her wide eyed. I think the raccoon thing she mentions is what we are trying to catch. However, that quickly falls into the back of my mind because I'm entranced by all the drama. Apparently the raccoon was so clever, and actually made many animals change! How cool was that! Although, Mr. Coyote seems to know what's up. Leaning in even more, I listen intently.

Suddenly, the story ends as Mr. Coyote catches it. I smile, but at the same time am really sad. However, her ending is much more exciting than I had anticipated. Suddenly, she's rearing up and I squeal in excitement. We're gonna be like the Coyote! "Oh my goodness! You got him!" I exclaim, taking a step closer to look at it. He doesn't look happy, but i'm going to help him live! "Hey there little fella! Don't worry we'll take care of you! We'll get a little lady coon to follow us so you have a girlfriend!" Another guy approaches though, and I stop talking. He's kind of young, but older than me for sure. He seems to think that Cheska got the story wrong. I don't think she did, Cheska's always right. Scrunching my nose I peer around her to look at him better. That's when I see worms in his mouth. Well, I suppose thats one way to do it. Cringing, I can't help but laugh. It's so nasty its funny! "Be careful not to squish them." I call out. Im such a great advice giver.

[Woo! Auriel and Cheska! I loved the story! :D also apologizing for how weird this is. Writing mid-headache makes me think in weird ways. xD]

Image Credits
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
Two by Two - by Cheska - 02-13-2015, 12:04 AM
RE: Two by Two - by Öde - 02-13-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: Two by Two - by Auriel - 02-13-2015, 10:09 AM
RE: Two by Two - by Vitani - 02-13-2015, 04:26 PM
RE: Two by Two - by Cheska - 02-13-2015, 07:09 PM