the Rift

dancing until dawn

Pyrene Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Keera
we'll be celebrating - dancing until dawn
There had been so much to learn since she had left her home, and it felt like she had traveled for such a long time. She had finally found her way out of the thick forest that surrounded her home, down from the mountains and leaving all the ruins of the strange temples that her family and her clan had resided it. She had traveled through the outskirts, down the valley and on to the coast where she had discovered the sand and the ocean, loving the feeling of the sand and the scent of the ocean wind, the salt spray in her face.

She had nearly tumbled down the small cove when she had upset the sand beneath the grass, and had been amazed at how weak that surface had been. She had left the beach, finding her way inland and traveling through field until she had come to the edge of a forest that grew thick and strong, rising into the mountainside.

Keera had found the footprints of others, known the scent was of those similar to her, and not wanting to be left out where predators may lurk, she had followed the prints into the forest, finding her way on to the well worn path that seemed to lead up and into the mountain forest. As she walked, her teal colouring helped her to hide from unwanted eyes but the gold of her hide and her horns that grew from her brow stood out, brilliant in the light of the afternoon that filtered through the trees.

In silence she walked trough the threshold, wondering to herself where it was she had come. Her mind was busy with so many thoughts, she felt anxiety building up but her exterior was calm, her body language cool and content if not for the brief flash of panic in her eyes.

Yet she came to a halt, not know where it was she should go next. Standing here she might gain some thought, some insight, as she let the sounds of the forest fill her senses, opening them up as wide as she could. Keera had come to another place, unsure of where it was – her dalliance with fate had led her to this place.

So Keera stood, waiting for what she did not know, as she gathered her thoughts and tried to decide where it was that she should go from here.

[ooc] Hope I can be doing this <3 Hehe :D

Layout by Nikkayla | i've got thick skin; credit

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

It had been a long night, but exhilarating. Now with magic pounding through his blood the golden had all sorts of plans wrapping around his brain. So many ideas flashing through that made him grin and light up with a devilish excitement. It also helped that he had a new item to admire. Now to top off his circlet upon his head was a golden cloak, pinned about his neck. It shimmered with the gold light of the night. The gold had spent a good while adjusting the pin just so it draped elegantly along his back. It had kept him awake nearly all that night wandering in the dark throughout Helovia, thinking. Haldir, his little fawn was not so strong willed. For a while the remembrance of the goddess descending from the heavens with the starlight all about her had filled him with his own excitement and kept his bones from feeling the long day. Now though he was dragging with dullness. They had stopped and rested, but thinking of gaining favor with that damned dark devil Deimos, the golden was determined to slip through the Threshold in case something interesting lurked about.

And indeed that something did. A scent drifts to the golden from not far. His nares inhale it deeply, wrapping around it. This was not a creature he knew. Harks lifted forward and body grew more alert. Haldir, who had been dragging, saw the change and also perked up. If the golden was waking up with excitement, there must really be something good around the corner! Slowly the golden walks on, following the scent till at last he comes into its sight. Those gold flecked eyes flash slightly at the sight. A beautiful teal and gold mare stood still, as if waiting. A smile tugs at the golden lips as his head nods to her. Haldir of course was less formal. The dark spotted fawn grins widely, his pale white eyes shimmering. With a quick trot he carries himself over to this beautiful mare (though he thought everyone beautiful). Stopping a few yards out he looks back at his bonded, waiting, then back to the pretty lady. The gold comes with an easy swinging to the newcomer. He had done this many times before, and though he smiled outside, his true self was less excited. His luck was never good with these things, especially if some goody soul for the Edge showed up. Still couldn’t hurt, besides she was a lovely thing. “Greetings, welcome to Helovia.” Haldir wagged his short dark tail at hearing the gold’s smooth voice. “Thranduil, at your service.” The usual greeting rolled out as smooth as ever. Everything was a smooth as ever. As smooth and as golden.

OOC :: @[Keera] Welcome! =D Would you like to con't being tagged? (it sends a PM to you giving you a link to where the tag is posted)
Identity Index:: None
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I find myself in a new place.
A place I once discovered from a different entrance. Wrapped in the scent of the never ending land before the threshold. Then, I was new to Helovia. Just a little sprout. No one knew me, and I certainly didn't know them. Though, thankful, I joined Reizend one a trip to the outcast band Asylum.

I did not know then that in such a short while, I would be somewhere different, living a life so much changed from the one when I first stepped into Helovia. I don't exactly remember the words she used to describe the place, but I do remember her telling me that they would adore me.

Now as I make my way through the threshold, I knew the next words that would come to my lips. My last trip here to recruit had been successful...in a way. Solanine, the lady cloaked in night, had seemed quiet offended by my misread words. I had taken home the boy, and that was that. I just wished I used the right words, and in a way, I had. She just didn't understand the way I used them. I nodded to myself, a feeling of calm sweeping over me. I knew that I would find someone today because I smelled something. But I already didn't like it. It was the faint smell of cold left in the wake of an Aurora Basiner. I swallowed. I hoped this one would be different from the last, my head now held high, I follow his trail to the clearing where I find myself watching as he introduced himself to a very beautiful young mare.

I nod my own greeting as I come up behind him. Though I step to the middle of them, because I am not one to intrude, I wait for him to quiet before I start to speak. "Hello my name is Cashmere of the Hidden Falls. This is Helovia, and..." I glance at the announced Thranduil "you are welcome to come to my home if you please." I wonder if they will notice my pause, but I don't let my actions betray that I don't want them to notice, I simply act like I always do. I didn't mean to stop anyway, but I couldn't help but look at the golden man.

It was certainly not any attraction, I just was a bit scared that I would say the wrong thing again. He was of the same home, and in this I wonder if Solanine had gotten to talking to him the exact same equine about the happenings of her day. How she had gotten told off by some crystal-horned freak. Yeah, awesome.

Though, I don't know any way other than telling her that she would know I heard voices. I don't address Her, because I know that if I do, there was a chance her presence would come falling back into my brain, and I wouldn't get a rest.
But I do wake her. -Who's he?- Thranduil I tell her. And she knows I'm not lying. It's like this weird link that we have. I hate it so much. I couldn't lie if I wanted to. (And I would never want to.)

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Unregistered
Keera
It seemed that standing here, she was not destined to stay alone for long. Fate had a strange way of bringing new surprises, she had learned, since she had left her temple home. This place was so different, but the sounds were similar, and the smell of the earth was stronger here, richer and seemed to resonate with more life than she had ever felt. Her clan had all had something similar to the others; they were all of teal and sunset colours, all with metallic horns or antlers that looked like they were black branches of a burned tree. The men often adorned theirs with pieces of flora and fauna, while the fillies and mares often wore jewels. She had left hers behind for her family, but she would always shine gold and teal.

The slender creature had been about to pick a path and walk down it, when there was an interruption to her thoughts. Emerging from the forest came not one but two; one who was similar in species to her and one who walked on four legs but was not as big, and so much lithe than the other. It was a fawn; while she had never seen one, she had indeed heard of other animals living in herds – not one who walked with one of her kind though.

She marveled at him, her curious gaze shifting from him to the other, he who seemed to be made of gold. Yet when he stood by, her eyes lifted and ran up the length of his horns, never having seen their type before. She heard his words but she was distracted, both by the deer and him. She composed herself, giving a little clearing of her throat as she did, remembering her teachings.

Yet when she was going to reply, there was another like her approaching. This one had no companion, had nothing at her side like the golden one did. She seemed hesitant, weary in her body language and Keera wondered if it was from the golden one and the deer, or if she simply did not like being here.

She offered her a home, but Keera recoiled from the offer. Her head pulled away from the one called Cashmere, her gaze a little cooler but not cruel.

“I thank you for the offer but I am inclined to turn it down for now; I just got here, I'd much prefer learn a little more about this place,” she says lightly, her voice quiet. “But thank you, both, for both your names and the first piece of information for me. Helovia; I like that, so different...” she trails off, tilting her head as light shimmers from the metallic gold of her horn.

“My name is Keera,” she speaks her name, as her gaze slips from Cashmere to Thranduil. “And where is it that you call home?” She asks the golden horned one, wanting to hear him speak again. Cashmere was interesting of course, as these were the first two she had spoken to outside her home; but Thranduil and his companion were utterly fascinating...

[ooc] Hi :D Heh cause I can be a little forgetful, its better for me to be tagged - I'll have it in my sig soon, just fixing it up now <3 Thank you both for the welcome, yus! :D

Thranduil

Of course he never had these things to himself. Another breaks through the trees. A pretty girl, grey dapples and a curious flur of pink and purples around her chest. She was a pretty thing, but the golden wasn’t too impressed. It was something about the way she carried herself. Haldir though was always impressed. As he was creeping towards the lovely lady who looked so kindly down to him another comes onto the scene. He turns and with large ears on edge considers her. His bright eyes bounce from one mare to another. He likes this pretty grey lady especially that color like a flower on her chest! Oh but the other lady was golden! And, as he checks with the gold, the eye of his bonded. Plus she was paying more attention to him. Turning back to her the fawn creeps towards her more, and tentative stretches out his neck towards her.

The golden did not enjoy his bonded being so free with himself. He never did. But he seemed to be catching the girl’s attention, so he let it be. Her gaze seems to linger on him, and we’d be amiss to say it wasn’t flattering. The new are speaks up and gold listens with a relaxed gaze, until he hears her herd. The Falls. The gold in his eyes flash then settle back in. But it is a mask, for inside he’s a buzz. The Falls was…of particular interest. As she continues to speak, ignoring her glance towards him, the gold reminds himself of his more…hidden assets. Oh but she’s too far away. Would a step towards her seem strange? Undoubtedly so. He needed to be close, but this was not as he had taken all the others, he was not invisible, nor could he become it. With a bitter pressure in his chest the gold lets the thought go.

The pretty mare speaks and the golden takes the chance to glance down at the dark fawn. The babe at hearing the mare speak, and her attention no longer on him moved away. He still wagged his short tail but came trotting back to the golden as if to tell him what a wonderful treasure he had found. The gold was not exactly listening, and the fawn instead turns back to watch the mare continue to speak. It was hard for the golden not to let a grin slip on his lips. He had learned the hard lesson of rushing the ever important question too soon. It was a hard lesson. The girl breaks the thought with her name and the golden nods, his greetings. We’ve got to remain civil haven’t we?

Gold horns face him as she asks a question. A small grin slides on his lips. Perhaps it is a fond memory of his home. Perhaps it is his enjoyment of being the catch of her attention. You never know with him. “The Aurora Basin.” He pauses as Haldir looks up in excitement at hearing him speak. The young fawn was though getting distracted by continuing to look out at the teal mare. “It is hidden valley in the mountains. Our family” Gods did he just call them that? Oh well it worked for someone else before. Besides they were a family, just a twisted one. “is strong, but also welcoming and warm.” The golden curls his Spanish neck tight to reach down to the fawn around his legs. The babe noses him, excited to be shown such unusual attention. It was more a political move, than actual affection though. Looking back up the golden takes a gamble “You do not have to choose immediately, but it is open to you, if you wish to rest your wandering legs.” The twin horned seemed to shift, was he collecting himself to go? “Of course Helovia is vast, but the others I can tell you of if you wish, or you may of course discover them for yourself. It is a beautiful place.” He hangs it off. He wants her to join, but its clear she’s not in much hurry. The gold had walked nearly every inch of this land, and knew its heart beat well. So while he wanted her to join, he also knew the temptations, and had been rejected enough in these forests to know not to put much hope in total acceptance. However, as said, he did like this pretty thing. Perhaps seeming transparency was always a lovely trick. Who be scared of something they thought they could see through?

OOC :: @[Keera] @[Cashmere]
"Speech"

Down came the rain
Image credit.

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Unregistered
Keera
The other who had arrived so abruptly seemed to have fallen silent, lost her tongue perhaps – but Keera dismissed it without further thought. The deer creature along with the golden one were enough for her at the time; enough for her in one go. She thought she might be able to handle more, but it seemed she had been wrong; there had been an ill feeling sitting in her chest, in her stomach, and so she let it go without further thought, her attention riveted upon the golden one, Thranduil and his companion, who seemed to excitable – but Keera adored him. She loved the way he moved, so quick and lithe in any motion yet it seemed like he was liquid in the way he flowed here and there. Her gaze lingered on him; she had known of those who were called deer in her home but she had never seen any other living creature beyond those that flew high on wings over their home.

And so was Keera's sheltered life; the world beyond was so much bigger, and expanding at every moment before her eyes.

She was so enraptured by the creature for a moment she did not realise Thranduil was speaking. It was with a jerk of her head that she brought her attention to him again, listening – in time to catch the name of the estate he came from, and yet all Keera does is give a little smile – a friendly enough one – and inclined her head.

“It has an interesting name, so different from anything I have heard so far. As is Helovia; where I came from, we had no names for own land. It was just... ours,” she says, looking around the bright, emerald coloured foliage, with their darker branches and deep browns of the trunks. “Nothing like this either...” She adds on, quieter.

She notes the tender way that the golden one meets his companion, and Keera wondered for a moment what it was like to share such a bond. There were so many questions in her mind yet she did not speak them. Remaining in this forest seemed interesting yet the place he had named the Aurora Basin was intriguing.

So she says, “I do believe I would like to know more, but, if you'll have me, I should like to come to this... Aurora Basin, and see for my own eyes what it is,” she says, with a light shake of her head, horns scattering light, “It shall be a start to learning more about this Helovia, such a world apart from where I have walked. If this is acceptable, I will go with you and see...” She trails off to let the silence fill the air, drawing herself a little closer – to follow him, should he lead the way for her.

Keera wanted to know more, so much more.

(@[Thranduil] - Sorry for the delay <3 Finally got her up for ya :D Thank you for being so patient with me <33)

Thranduil

A smile rises up on that golden man’s lips as she speaks. Got one. Of course its not the same vicious one he holds inside but a more polite well rounded one. After all, how could he not show at least a little excitement for the success after having such rotten luck around here other days. So the twin horned nodded at her words. “Helovia is vast, and there are many things to learn.” Like the Basin is more colder, and threatening than he lead on. “But I hope you will find, learning them is half the fun.” If you like lying, cheating, stealing, and death, or was that just him? Shifting the golden seems prepared to leave. Haldir by his side bounces, taking cue from his direction to move on ahead. “And the Basin, is a wonderful place to learn.” Learn what Helovia is really about that is. Tilting his head the gold motions the direction. “It would be a pleasure to show you my home.” Oh god what a line. A pleasure to walk beside a pretty lady perhaps but that was about it. Stepping off with her the gold give the mare her space, but certainly keeps a hark trained on her. She was a most curious creature, and to be honest, he was most thrilled she did not get away. As Haldir bounded along before the pair, looking back to check they were coming, they move steadily north. In the summer as it was, the only different was the slightly cool breeze, perfect for making one ignorant of the harsh winters. Checking back now and again the gold continues on, a little more than pleased with himself.

OOC :: @[Keera] I'm actually going on absent for quite a bit, but I didn't want to hold you up. Just post to the Basin and include [Welcoming] at the end of the thread title, and tag Ophelia and Deimos. I give you my permission to powerplay Thranduil instructing her to go through the Arch and meet those two, as he has to return south.
"Speech"

Down came the rain
Image credit.