the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE]

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ultimate horror often paralyses
memory in a merciful way
- H.P. Lovecraft

Well well what do you know, perhaps there could be some fun to find in this place after all. I didn't share the surprise that seemed to envelop the long-time herd members as an army suddenly appeared on the border. To be honest, I likely wouldn't have noticed it before the battle had started if it weren't for the sudden burst of activity that pulled the warriors towards the edge of the land. I had spent so little time here that the scent of the herd had barely managed to stick to my body and the unicorns that surrounded me were naught but strangers. The world I had come to was unfamiliar still, but one thing would never change; unicorns were meant to rule and anyone that threatened that fact was going to have to face me. As I followed the clamoring mass towards what would become the battlefront, my eyes caught sight of a few figures on both sides of the lines that kindled my interest. Huh, so there were familiar faces here; I hadn't been expecting that. After the flight from Isilme I'd had thought that the bonds to family and allies had been severed for good, but perhaps that was not entirely the case.

Long, white marked legs carried me at a leisurely pace to the very front of the army, critically scrutinizing those that would become my allies with the eyes of a commander. Old habits died hard, and when faced against this massive front of barren tainted and winged rats it was hard to remember that in this place I had still not earned the right to give orders. I was nothing but a common mare who happened to have a bit of experience in warfare - or that was how the soldiers would view me, no doubt. I raised a brow when a flash of copper and black caught my eye, and with a sharp nip at his shoulder and a polite nod to Mauja I shoved myself in beside Ulrik.

"I see you survived the shades" I greeted gruffly as pallid eyes trailed over the front lines. We were clearly outnumbered, but it didn't deter me from wanting to face the filthy birdbrains and their allies - or was it the other way around? I couldn't care less. "We should talk once this is over." I wanted to know what had happened to the other members of the Sect during the escape, wanted to hear about the status of the group within this herd; but it would have to wait until the fun was over. Feathers of fallen pegasi twisted and spun in the crimson threads of mane and tail as the wind caught hold of them; I couldn't wait to get a chance to add a few more to my collection.

A flash of red on black made my maw twist into a wry grin, memories of fire and cowardly deceit reflecting as I spotted Paladin among the attackers. I couldn't help it. A deep laughter spilled from the charred lips, and with sweet venom in the voice I called out to him.

"I knew you were stupid, Paladin, but now I see that the little sense you had has been bashed out of you. Since when have you stooped so low as to turn on your own kin, idiot brother?" He had always been too soft, ever since we were young, but the creature he had turned into now was one I was loath to even acknowledge as family. A danger to our cause, blood-traitor and vermin-lover was what had become of the brother I once had respected and striven to surpass. Blood-thirst made my throat clench, and as an itch to kill something rose and forced the legs sooted by smoke and ash from countless battlefields to shift restlessly. Hopefully the fates would be kind enough to let me find him on the battlefield.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Jaydan - 09-16-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Ned - 09-16-2012, 01:29 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Monster - 09-16-2012, 01:24 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Lloyd - 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Monster - 09-17-2012, 03:00 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Lucius - 09-17-2012, 10:38 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Giselle - 09-17-2012, 11:45 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Arabella - 09-19-2012, 01:06 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Aurelius - 09-20-2012, 01:45 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Korra - 09-20-2012, 01:50 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Ricciardo - 09-20-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Cineviam - 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM