the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

It seemed that much had changed in her absence. At one time, the Plague might have been the group deranged enough to attempt such an arrogant act as this invasion; but now, the Qian, a group with such low morals, with such disgusting goals, was the one to start a war. It was an abomination that such a ragtag group of inferiority could even get so close to their borders - or, rather, the Edge's borders. These were not her lands anymore, not the place she called home. And so it was not her duty to defend them. And yet, here she was.

The ebony femme had wandered into these lands in the wee hours of the morning, ready to face Mauja and Sno at last, ready to assume her place in the Edge herd, ready to take over the Plague and continue on her path to rid the world of the filth such as the Qian. The last thing she'd expected was to run into Mauja's newest creation, an arrogant little prince named Tamlin. And now this. A war, right on their doorstep. What excellent timing the universe had.

Psyche couldn't have missed the battle cry if she'd tried, and as she trotted briskly towards the border, she couldn't help but feel the stirrings of adrenaline in her system. Had it been only a few days since her run-in with that clumsy tobiano in the Deep Forest? And she didn't even get the chance to kill that wretch. Her blood sang for battle, for cleansing the land of the plain and the winged. Amber eyes glowed as she cleared the treeline, rapidly observing and assessing the scene before her.

A dragon. Seriously? Surely that had to be some idiot equine or bumbling pegasi with shape-shifting magic. It appeared to be the leader, in any case, and the source of the ultimatum that had rang through her lands. For they were her lands, in this moment, hers to fight for. And the Qian were hers to fight against. How dare they come here in arms, how dare they even think to challenge the unicorn rule of the Edge? Psyche quickly memorized the faces of her new allies - far too few, but at least they were there. Surely there was more to the herd than this? What had happened in her absence?

In spite of all she did not know, the black vixen proudly made her way through those gathered on the Edge's side of the border, not stopping until she had arrived at Mauja's side. Giselle was on his other side, and Psyche's eyes narrowed with hatred. But that would be a battle for another time. But silence did not suit her, and she spoke, sarcasm dripping from her words. "Well, you seem to have done quite well in my absence, Mauja - quite the mess you have here." A scan of their opponents revealed that Paladin stood with the enemy - but why was she surprised? A sneer crossed her maw, but she chose to hold her tongue. After all, what was there to say? Giselle had already beat her to the punch; Psyche would aim to beat her to Paladin in the coming bloodbath.

[W/C: 536]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Background - Burtn.deviantart.com
Horse - shi-stock.deviantart.com
Teeth - Minotaur-Queen.deviantart.com
Feathers - RaduLuchian.com
Photomanipulation - RayoDeSoleil
Coding - RayoDeSoleil

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Jaydan - 09-16-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Ned - 09-16-2012, 01:29 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Monster - 09-16-2012, 01:24 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Lloyd - 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Monster - 09-17-2012, 03:00 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Lucius - 09-17-2012, 10:38 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Giselle - 09-17-2012, 11:45 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Psyche - 09-19-2012, 12:33 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Arabella - 09-19-2012, 01:06 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Aurelius - 09-20-2012, 01:45 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Korra - 09-20-2012, 01:50 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Ricciardo - 09-20-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Cineviam - 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM