the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE]

Cineviam Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Theatricality and deception are powerful agents.
You must become more than just a man
in the mind of your opponent

Cineviam had become familiar with them – his herdmates. The Frostheart with his chilly exterior but any member of the Edge who had been here any length of time will tell you that his heart wasn’t completely frozen solid. Ulrik, the black and bronze stallion was always accompanied by the whirring and clicking of a new metal contraption. d’Artagan and Kou, the caregivers, the nurse never far from her doctor. Except that the Throat had stolen him away from her, from the World’s Edge, the very thought left a bad taste in his mouth. Of Faelene and Ricciardo and all the other newcomers, he would need the opportunity to get to know better.

But Mirage may never give him that chance.

It was the golden dragon he saw first. Since it had been a little while since the last time their home was set on fire, he thought at first that this was another pyrotechnic wonder courtesy of the Sun God. But the golden deity was supposed to be exiled, His powers diminished. Cineviam’s doubts were confirmed once he saw the flock surrounding the great golden beast. These weren't sun worshippers, this was an Invasion.

His entrance into the fray was not glorious.

It was not heralded by trumpets and a chorus of cheers.

In fact, it was almost silent; the only music was the steady drumming of his hooves, step after step. The path seemed to stretch on forever, but it was a familiar mist-draped one, and his anticipation heightened as he drew close to the crowd. There was a vehemence painted in his crimson eyes, a look of intense passion for the story that was about to be written. His pen would only etch a small part of it, though, and Cineviam did not entertain that the word ‘defeat’ would enter his tale. While the possibility of it lingered on the horizon, he did not glance that way, and would not unless his head was forced to turn. It would not be easy, he decided, for somebody to turn his head.

He hoped that it would be the same for his comrades.

((asked over an hour an a half ago (in the cobx) if I could still get a post up but an admin wasn't on to answer. I whipped this up and still waited but now I have to go so I'm going to post it just in case. Please ignore this if it is too late))

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Jaydan - 09-16-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Ned - 09-16-2012, 01:29 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Monster - 09-16-2012, 01:24 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Lloyd - 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Monster - 09-17-2012, 03:00 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Lucius - 09-17-2012, 10:38 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Giselle - 09-17-2012, 11:45 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Arabella - 09-19-2012, 01:06 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Aurelius - 09-20-2012, 01:45 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Korra - 09-20-2012, 01:50 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Ricciardo - 09-20-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Cineviam - 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM