the Rift

[OPEN] High ho, high ho! [Task 5]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

@[Mirage] was as kind as she was wise and mysterious. I drifted a smile towards her as we walked, headed towards the most obvious place to collect resources like rocks and minerals - the caves. Neither of us were as familiar with them as some, the appearance of the cavernous hallways brought on by the wraiths which we'd been absent for. I'd notice the opening one day when I was trailing Ghost though, and I'd been wanting to explore it ever since.

I peered down the entrance of the cave, instincts balking at my urging to go underground. I have my moments of bravery however, and certainly I am a man of thought, not instinct or else I wouldn't be a virgin on the battlefield and off, so down I went. My hooves clacked on the floors as we walked and my head was constantly shifting from side to side, trying to see. Some strange, half-light emanated from within, bouncing off the walls in various colors. The closer I got the more the stone-way opened up, revealing glow worms and crystals glittering and glowing in the walls. My mouth gaped with awe at the beauty and strangeness of it all.

Gingerly I reached out with my teeth to take a pale shard of crystal, finding it incredibly strong and smooth, though jagged on the edges. It was similar to glass. Glass! Again my memories seemed to itch, tingling with something familiar, yet out of reach. I shook it off, ready to return to the boat for I hoped the last time today.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
As the mare wandered with the stallion, she was not ignorant to the changes in the lands. She took the new information her eyes and ears (and companion) provided her with quiet, simple acceptance. It would take time to process everything that needed to be processed, time she had been spending mostly running menial tasks for the Earth Lord who claimed to be offering their salvation from the Dark one almost everyone else appeared to loathe.

The same Dark one who had brought her back.

Yes, more time was needed for the mare to process all that.

The Heart Caves proved fascinating, and the mare promised Akaith they would visit here again. The assortment of shiny things that caught the gold's attention made the trip slow - but slow was fine, for her inky companion was hardly rushing.

She found that old fondness rising up once more within her. Her time suffering within another dimension had hardened her to forming bonds with others (outside of her bond with Akaith). The rush to do as the Earth lord bid had meant she was unable to locate her daughters and niece, and her (former?) mate until it was all passed.

She hoped they were all right.

She hoped they still loved her.

Because hardened though she was to others, her heart still thrummed wildly for them. Ink had been a part of the Qian once, he had earned similar devotion from her, once. He was slowly earning it from her again. His silence was sweetened by his gentle demeanour and actions; Mirage could not help but become absorbed by all that he found, enjoying his unique way of communicating and hoping that he had forgiven her too, for whatever wrong she felt she had done to him.

It was he who left, Akaith reminded her quietly, and the mare retorted back sharply, He was taken from us, I am sure. One day we will find out. Where previously she had been happy to accept his silence as contentedness to let things lie in the past, she was also prone to a dire thirst for knowledge - as her affection for him returned, so too did her desire to protect him, to know him and ensure he was never hurt (again).

Glassy crystals, so similar to that which had constructed the wall of their former home, seemed to be the chosen item today. Take what you can, she murmured to Akaith, who obliged happily, tearing a football-sized chunk from the wall, and landing back upon her bonded's back. It would be handy to have, to melt down and fill in any gaps that might spring in this "boat" that was to be their salvation. Following the dark steed closely, she cloaked herself whenever they happened to pass by others, and clung to the shadowy darkness besides, as they made their (hopefully final) journey back to the Meadow.
background pattern by webstreats @ flickr.com

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Since when did they all become slaves to the gods? It was one thing to ask them to gather food and water and even the ugly ass slimy creatures but now supplies? What made it even better was that not only was it general supplies but things to fix the boat should it spring a leak! What kind of contraption where they all signing onto to save their lives? If this flood were only to last a day or two she was contemplating taking her chances and going it alone. Were the gods all secretly joining forces and trying to kill them all off? Was this the plan? Make them all think that they are safe when in reality they just want to capsize the vessel letting them all drown?

Bit by bit her patience was wearing down. One person could only be expected to take so much before they took matters into their own hands. If only that were possible in this case perhaps they would all be better off. "They suggested rocks, so we can give them a rock." She commented dryly stalking back to the caverns once more with her partner in tow. When she said rock she wasn't talking no giant stone that would take three of them to haul back. Nope she had a much better solution for that one. Kicking through the various piles of stone and rubble at random the hybrid finally settled for a small rock no bigger than an apple. Hey it was easy to carry and it didn't require much effort to still contribute something. Maneuvering the stone between her front feet she carefully grasped it between her teeth as she turned to see if her not so bad partner had found something that would satisfy the latest demand. " They never said it had a size requirement." She commented with a shrug. This would be so much better once all these random quests were finished. What the hell else was he going to expect outta them a friggen organ next?

Syrena and Rhea

•• TAGS: @[Syrena] •• NOTES: Crashing ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Underground they come, Nyx having decided that rocks and crystals may make good boat-fixing-parts, and if not then at the very least they would look awfully pretty in her cabin. Just in case this trip is unsuccessful, Dominus clutches a block of driftwood between his powerful jaws, because the silver soldier would hate to go home empty-handed and fail the God in his quest.

Her hooves clatter onto the hard stone ground of the caves as she descends towards the crystal-laden chamber, giving a small huff of nostalgia as she remembers finding Dominus' egg in these very caverns. Dominus himself is less than pleased at the idea of entering the dark, dingy walls beneath the ground, and the silver soldier hears a growl rumble from behind the driftwood in his mouth. No light. No prey. Dead stone. Not good. The lion's broken, baritone speech echoes in her mind, and Nyx turns back to touch her muzzle to his flank in reassurance, gently nudging him forwards. At last he follows, and the two continue their walk.

The first thing she sees is a black mare, golden dragon atop her back and a chunk of wall clutched tight in the reptile's claws. The warrior woman's eyes widen in recognition, mind bouncing back to her first meeting when she arrived at the World's Edge all that time ago. "...Mirage?" Had that been her name? Queen Mirage, in Nyx's day. Where had she been all this time? The dark stallion is largely ignored, so focused is Nyx on her former ruler.

@[Déodat]

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Varath Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 3 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: ENDURE
redgod

VARATH         

One day, when the light disappears...

The darkness will prevail

Why the hell would he want to get on a boat that might break?

Irritation bloomed in Varath's volcanic chest and he huffed as he set off to complete this ridiculous task. He knew he was late to the party - all this shit had already been brought in and clearly he hadn't been a part of that.

He was always one step behind, one moment too late, one thought left of the right thing.

It didn't matter.

Mud was the first thing that came to mind to repair a ship from leaks, but how would he bring mud back? He couldn't fashion something to hold it, and rolling in it would be useless. Sticks were a thought, but mundane, as were rocks. But they were near caves... Rocks, then. The Earth God hadn't asked for a specific size or number, but Varath knew that a paltry pebble wouldn't be worth shit.

So he rooted around for the biggest damn chunk of solid earth he could carry in his mouth and leveraged it up, grunting as it put strain on his teeth. The whole damn land better be underwater for this bullshit.

And where was Vadim?

"Vah-eem!" he yelled, the word distorted and muffled around the stone in his mouth. Gods damn it all. He was doing this shit to make sure his practically mute, hapless sibling didn't drown out of confusion as to what a flood even was. Others were milling about, coming out of the cave. Normally he might have given effort to judge them but not today. He didn't give a damn who else was here today.

@[Vadim]

"blah blah blah."

Credits

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
<style type="text/css">.border{position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 550px;padding: 20px;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;border: 1px solid #06061E;background: #06061E url('http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/ruinedecho/Patterns/tileable_midnight_blue_grunge_pattern_13_zpsff7712a1.jpg');border: 1px solid #06061E;}.container {position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 550px;background: #06061E;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;box-shadow: 0 0 4px 2px #446576;}.container p {margin: 0;}.image {width: 550px;margin-bottom: -70px;border-radius: 300px 300px 0 0;}.gradient {position: absolute;z-index: 5;top: 370px;width: 550px;height: 200px;background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%, rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%, rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(6,6,30,0)), color-stop(12%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12)), color-stop(100%,rgba(6,6,30,1)));background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(6,6,30,0) 0%,rgba(6,6,30,0.12) 12%,rgba(6,6,30,1) 100%);filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#0006061e', endColorstr='#06061e',GradientType=0 );}.message {position: relative;z-index: 10;text-align: justify;font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif;padding: 20px;padding-bottom: 8px;color: #446576;}.name {position: relative;z-index: 15;padding: 0px;bottom: 5px;left: -20px;font: 32px 'Nothing You Could Do', serif;color: #557F95;text-shadow: 6px 6px 7px #263948;}.quote {position: absolute;z-index: 20;bottom: 3px;left: 230px;font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif;padding: 0px;color: #384F3F;font-style: italic;}</style>

Shipping SWP Task 5

There was a flicker of a smile lighting up those sea-grey eyes as she silently watched the antics of her partner. Neither of them were showing signs of weariness but then, neither of them had been working particularly hard over these tasks. She had seen some others that were practically falling over - would the creature that asked them for help really want them to over-exert themselves and thus become useless? No, she did not think so.

It was better than to allow all the others to do the heavy lifting.

Not-as-bad-as-the-others went into the cave and found a rock - about the size of an apple. She was right, no one said how much or how big the materials they needed to bring back were.

Why wasn’t the ship built to sustain the population in the first place? She followed the winged mare’s example and rooted around in the shadows until she found something that was acceptable. “Look, we’ve got two.” They were clearly overachievers, bring two rocks when they could have only picked up one. Syrena’s was even smaller than her partner’s, closer to the size of a ripe strawberry, but she did not want to hurt her teeth by picking up anything that might damage them.

She stepped around the others, with ridiculous plans to gather as much as they could, and headed back to the ship with an energetic gait.

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Aithniel's words don't sit particularly well with the girl, although she tries to hide it. Perhaps it was just her friend's phrasing that made her words seem so ... so crushing, but the idea that all her Father was doing was giving them the illusion that they were in control, made the world feel like a large, but vacuously cold place.

The illusion of control implied that they weren't in fact in control. But if they weren't ... then what was the point? Why carry out the charade? As a naively justified existential crisis began to form in the demi-child's mind, she felt silent. While she agreed that they ought to find creative ways of complementing their tasks and working together, she was still daunted by the idea that all of this could be entirely arbitrary. If they had no choice as to what they would do, could their actions still be meaningful? Or was everything arbitrary?

"Perhaps where there is heat, there will be something to bind .." She offered distantly. Being new to the world, the idea of fire and water being opposites and opposing forces made sense to her mind: if they could get something with the properties of fire, perhaps it would repel water should there be a leak within the boat. The idea was obviously flawed, but she was out of ideas.

@[Aithniel] /Isio

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Aithniel
The first flame burned gloriously, but the second flame burns cold.

The fire child was an agent of destruction. Even from birth, she had managed to burn any relationship with her parents. Her very existence defied love and tenderness, and the flames that burst forth from her hooves only solidified this feeling. Aithniel was comfortable with this - for she could not be destroyed if she were the first to destroy. Sure, that might not be the best and most moral code, but it was the one she had currently adopted.

Thus all of this building and setting up was beyond her skills and thought. All she knew was that she had to gather what he said, and she didn't consider much else. The world was a large and cold place. All good things were eventually tainted or snuffed out. Only the strong flames burned. Only the cold flames that froze, unforgiving, with their heat. If she knew Iso was so perturbed by her words, she would feel bad, but she wasn't sure she would actually change anything she said.

All of this could be a charade. Aithniel looked up, finding that they were at the caves, and she listened to her friend. The large, fiery chasm churned below, and she looked at her hooves, seeing colorful gemstones. Absently, she took a few and then nodded to the side, seeing some sort of black, sticky substance. Aithniel took one of her rocks in her teeth and scraped the tar from the side until it stuck to the rock. Then, she set it down. "Smells horrible..." she grumbled. "But it's sticky."

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

get up, get out, get away from these liars
'cause they don't get your soul
or your fire

“He’s keeping us very busy, isn’t he?” Mesec wondered what the Earth God was up to - was it as simple as what he had told them or was there more to it? He did not imagine that there was anything simple about what the Gods did but, he was trying to take a vacation from musing over such things.

The Meadow itself was being picked over quite cleanly by a lot of the groups so Mesec decided to widen the search and look somewhere else. Silver eyes watched some of the others as they started gathering rocks and crystals but he was struck with another idea. One that would give him a chance to move deeper into the caves and avoid Aithinel. He'd like to talk to the sun demigod, like to get to know her, but not if she was going to look at him the way she had in the Forest. “We could gather up some of the moss in the glowing room. It would be good for absorbing water and fitting into cracks.”

He looked to Apollo, wondering if he thought this would be a good way to spend their time, before setting off. It had been a while since he had been down here, not since he had come back from spending time with his mother.
mesec

original html by rottie
picture by wyldraven at deviantart

for Mesec and @[Apollo]! :D
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times