the Rift

[PRIVATE] ash in our lungs --

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

I wish I could have slowed things down, or had a companion to help me remember the details of what was said ... it all seemed to happen so fast ...

... and suddenly I was screaming.

Growing up alone is not okay. But it happens. No one can stop it, it is just something that occurs. "ARE YOU COMPLETELY INSANE." Not my best phrasing, but at that moment I just couldn't help myself. I needed to give voice to the pent up rage that I was feeling, and I had no control over the wording spilling out. Or at least it didn't seem like I did. "WAYS TO STOP GROWING UP ALONE STEP ONE: DON'T HAVE KIDS IF YOU WON'T BE THERE FOR THEM. STEP TWO: SEE STEP ONE." I sound impossibly bratting, but I don't care. This mare is going to lecture me on how my life is okay, and how these things just happen and then follow it by saying she'll probably just fuck off and leave this mare who apparently changed her life so much? I didn't really like Aurelia at first, but I like her a whole lot more compared to Destry.

"So what? You two are just going to have a nice little fucking family, and then oh well so sad if things don't work out? You'll just take no responsibility for what happens as soon as you have a child, because no one can stop it when a family falls a part? Is that how you sleep at night? By telling yourself that all the terrible things in the world - all the things that you do - are just out of your control?" I don't have much testosterone in my system, but what little I do have is racing. At least my parents would accept responsibility for being away.

I fall silent as Aurelia beings speaking. As she does, my judgement of liking her more than Destry immediately disappears. She just abandoned her children? Would it have been too much for her to eat those weeds that Mother eats, to keep herself from getting pregnant? How irresponsible can you be!? To just bring life into the world and then abandon it?

"Just because others have it worse does not mean my pain doesn't count." I snap at her, annoyed that she somehow is using her bad past mistakes to take away from what it is I'm feeling. "I understand others have it worse than I do, but that doesn't detract from the legitimacy of what it is I'm feeling."

Bitches, the both of them.

If I could hear Aurelia's thoughts, I too would find it hilarious that the whole point of this conversation is for Destry to gain insight for a quest - especially one to start a family. You've got one mare who already had kids and just abandoned them, but at least seems to care for her partner. Then you've got Destry who seems to give 0 fucks about putting in the effort to make things work, and would rather just use fate as a scapegoat for all of her problems.

These two... suddenly Mother and Father don't seem so bad afterall.

With my ears against my skull, I watch Aurelia sulk away. I wonder if they'll both just leave now. I sort of hope they do.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
ash in our lungs -- - by Destry - 02-15-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Aurelia - 02-15-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Rhoa - 03-08-2015, 09:59 PM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Destry - 03-09-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Aurelia - 03-25-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Rhoa - 03-28-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Destry - 03-28-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Aurelia - 03-28-2015, 11:16 PM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Rhoa - 03-29-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Destry - 03-29-2015, 03:14 PM