the Rift

Featherweight.

Karnivool Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Karnivool

I wished life could always be as easy as it was now, with kindness and opportunity sneaking into every words Lena and Rei spoke. I listened carefully, but dared not wish for it to be true. Too many times had I felt the pain of reality claw at my young heart before it shattered my dreams. I had not yet picked up the pieces from my last realization and I did not wish to add to the pile.

Even though these dark thoughts haunted my mind, I felt myself smiling. It was not hard learned decorum that tugged at the corners of my mouth, but rather a huge appreciation towards the two mares. The trust I felt between us allowed me to look closely at Rei's feather as she spoke about her friend, the crafter. "It is indeed a work of art! You must introduce me to her someday so I can tell her how much I admire her work." I said cheerfully after withdrawing from her personal space and giving us all room to breathe.

It was needed, for questions about my capability and interests soon fluttered between us like butterflies. I let them wither and die as I thought about what I could contribute to such a vast place and it's inhabitants. "I do not know." I shrugged my shoulders lightly as I spoke. "I am not from a place where someone is allowed to have interests or a purpose besides being polite and breed. Please do not think of me as tedious and dreary because I lack experience and knowledge of another life."

I did not fear their rejection at my words, but I felt a bit of my pride corrode. So that was the price then, for a new life; I had to let my painfully accomplished dignity decay so new possibilities could flourish in it's place.

I hope you enjoy the view
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Featherweight. - by Karnivool - 02-15-2015, 05:15 AM
RE: Featherweight. - by Rei - 02-15-2015, 11:48 AM
RE: Featherweight. - by Lena - 02-15-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: Featherweight. - by Karnivool - 02-16-2015, 01:47 PM
RE: Featherweight. - by Rei - 02-17-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Featherweight. - by Lena - 02-17-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: Featherweight. - by Karnivool - 02-19-2015, 12:33 PM
RE: Featherweight. - by Rei - 02-20-2015, 10:52 AM
RE: Featherweight. - by Lena - 02-20-2015, 04:04 PM