the Rift

[OPEN] Feeding the Wolves [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
Thick, pale socks were good for keeping in warmth. Tresses that cascaded down his crest and from the dock of his tail were plush and full. The steed had all the qualities of one who could survive a harsh and icy winter.

It was a shame that summer graced the lands.

Still, he coped, thoroughly pleased with his choice of home. Though it was indeed summer, and sweat gathered where his tresses draped over his deep, honey-gold nape, a cool breeze was never far away, whistling through the snow-capped mountains to offer his respite.

He had not done overly much since his arrival, preferring to spend time amongst the shadows, listening to what he could, remembering everything, and learning much. The caves indeed held pools of steamy water, as the prince had said. The sentinels stood guard at their gates, their ever-watchful stare something that Grimalkin envied - oh, imagine the wonders he could learn if he could watch and listen to all that occurred before him, while others viewed him as but a harmless statue? The idea sent his mind awhirl - he had seen enough of the magic that this world was capable of. He would indeed be seeking a way to improve his information-gathering skills.

The summons was to be expected, and Grimalkin travelled at a comfortable rate, making his way surely towards the sounds and scents of others, ears pricked to catch the messages of greeting and warning that passed through the lips of those he should be calling family. Such a notion was… curious, for the steed. Perhaps in time, he would form some kind of firm loyalty to those around him. For now, they were simply bodies that also happened to inhabit his home.

He recognised the brutish build of Torleik, and gave a small nod should the other steed spy him from the shadows in which he lingered. With a smile he positioned himself somewhat near the small (yet growing) frame of Erebos, murmuring a low whicker of greeting to the young princeling, a kind smile adorning his lips as he tilting his vast canopy of antlers down to the dark youth. And then, he waited, and listened, and learned all that he could.
colourize-stock & larfsalot @deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Waprevah Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 6.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 4 HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
TheIceViking

The thirst for blood in her mouth was ever growing. It had been a while since the warm irony taste played with her taste buds, she kind of missed it. The mare would possible go seek a victim soon, it was like a drug to her, if he didn't get her dose in time you do not want to see what happens. So far the mare had eaten the little she found around these planes. Not being used to such cold and snow she was having a hard time finding some food ... however the starving sensation was something she knew very well from her previous years. The liver chestnut could go days without eating.

During her time in Aurora Basin the mare had not bothered getting to know other members of the herd, she minded her own business as she lurked through her new home, silent as the night. Today though it was mandatory for the mare to "mingle" with her herd members. The Arabian was not thrilled over it but it could hardly be a tragedy. Her plans were simple, she would eavesdrop on the conversation, she knew very little of the politics around and honestly, she could not care less about those affairs. For that reason she would not make any comments.

The flaxen liver chestnut slow approached the crowd, a goat skull covered her face, revealing only her piercing blue eyes. She came to a halt and glanced over the crowd, a plane expression was on her face but her eyes were ice cold, ready to warm up in case an eye contact was made. The mare could see the Forsaken mare, with her blood red tips and white as snow body. She also recognized a few others whom had greeted her upon her arrival. She had not spoken to them since and was in no rush to either. As her blue eyes gazed over the crowd she noticed Panzram, her eyes glanced over his body and her lips twitched into a slight smirk. It vanished quickly though.

The mare's ears twitched towards the sound of vocals filling the air, she listened to the ongoing conversation, about some kidnapping and a certain someone not to be trusted. When Waprevah heard the description of the so called traitor she was quite amused, a skull like marking? Interesting.

Waprevah's mind sucked in the information that flowed through the air, looking upon her one might think she care little, and actually she did, but the information was gold. She wasn't sure how it would become useful in the future but hey! you never know.

"speech here"

Image Credits
Please tag Wappy in all replies <3
[Image: 6dbd477f6a4a31a0de8712698f20429a-d8dbyo6.png]

“The ones who are insane enough to think that they can rule the world are always the ones who do.”

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
The storm filly had been stalking her brother for a while now. She knew she had been keeping to herself, but she had desperately needed the time to grief away from the bay boy. Now it was time to restrengthen their bonds, to show him she really did love him. Sighing softly as pricked ears caught the sound of her ebony leader. Maybe Adelric would be there as well and she could at least let him know she missed their time together. Trotting to get to her master quickly the girl still arrived late. There were several already gathered that she did not know, but gold and green sought out the bay spotted pelt she had been chasing after. Carefully shoving her way through the crowd of horned, and one horned and winged, and a stripped cat. Keeping her dual horned head held high she stopped beside her brother and Tobias. Smiling softly she tried to bump her muzzle against his side before turning to look at Deimos.

She stomped her hoof in approval at the alliances and the finishing of the sentinels. She did not know who this Confutatis was, but she wasn't concerned. Turning her attention to white and red haired lady she listened intently. All of the names she said were beyond her, but she would keep them in mind. As she spoke of healers different colored eyes turned to her brother trying to poke him into speech. "Hey, why don't you be a healer?" Her voice was a whisper, muzzle close to his ear. "You would be amazing at it." She smiled encouragingly at him.

"Arrogant Lingo" 'Pompous Musings'
Words: 269
Notes:
Zünden
I can see the fear that will ensure my victory
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
[Image: zunden_by_poolpaw-d8dwmp0.png]
Her horn isn't broken

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

Well the boat had been... interesting. The Engineer had found great companionship in Arah, the oddly exotic looking mare who had never turned up on his radar before. In typical male fashion, he did not notice what was right under his nose until someone crammed it up a nostril. Part of him wanted to apologize to Arah, but he wouldn't even begin to know how. She was far out of his league with her clean, white coat and stunning griffin friend, and Ulrik rolled his eyes when Kirchoff growled in his head.

"The griffin actually helps..." the Engineer grumbled, walking toward the gathering meeting. He was late, as always.

"If I were bonded to a gentle beauty, I would help too. Unfortunately, I am bonded to a wildebeast." The hellhound padded at his side, huffing angrily and turning his nose up toward the sky.

"Come now. I am more handsome than a wildebeast." He returned with a roguish smile.

"Mmmmm... No. No you are not. That poor female must have been hit over the head to be interested in you."

Ulrik laughed, shaking his head and walking toward the group, catching the tail end of Deimos and Ophelia's speeches. He strode up to his cousin, Torleik, and blinked, clearing his throat momentarily. "I have the metal and will begin work shortly." The harsh, cruel tones of his voice howled between the mountains, and his eyes sought out Arah, nodding with his head to invite her to come up and join him at his side.

They DID share a room together after all. That implied something.

(Please tag me in every post)

Bolverik Posts: 15
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 12 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tamme

Bolverik noticed the herd meeting and arrived just in time to catch the more important tickles of information. His golden, regal form, now washed and primped strode easily into the crowd, seeing this Ophelia for the very first time. Ulrik had taken up residence on Torleik's side, and he hummed thoughtfully, coming to the other shoulder of his general half-brother. Together, they formed a unified history, a band still fighting against their own demise. The poetry in this, perhaps lost on Ulrik, was beautiful to Bolverik, and he listened confidently.

Well, Torleik had chosen well. Ophelia was quite the leader. Her beauty was undeniable, violent. She was a maiden of the sword, power and bloodshed tempered by the sweet sounds of her voice and gentleness in her words. Beauty, power and intellect were a winning and dangerous combination, for such females could so easily undermine and sway the minds of males not used to resisting such temptations. Was she using his half-brother, he wondered? Perhaps a conversation was in order to find out...

Ulrik was getting more metal to work on those bizarre machines, and I listened to the conversation regarding this one, Confutatis. Certainly the mare was as foul as Ophelia and the rest claimed, but he was not in agreement with the possible outcomes. He had a much more interesting idea - one that would take time and playing to work out. But like all good knives, the one that lay in the dark would cut deepest. He lifted his head, long, golden spirals protruding from his brow like a great crown. With flair, he draped his bangled, lion's tail around his side, the long, black tendrils resting on the graveled ground.

"Might I suggest, my Lord and Lady, that we inform others of her treachery?" he offered, charismatic and deep tones blooming like spring - comforting. "A greater audience to her crimes might lead to more enemies than just ourselves. We can share the burden of her actions while still appearing generous for the dissemination of knowledge." Bolverik paused, smiling warmly at all who gathered. "Diplomacy, at times, has its value."

Someone needed to be the daring smile and kind gestures of this cold group of warriors. Torleik was right. Some of these creatures were just as icy as the land itself.

Art by: bluehorsestudios @ DA
I'm aching for you
But you're bound to bleed if I adore you

please tag me in all posts

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

:: Arah ::

Herd meetings had always been a bit of a drag. They weren't really her thing, still she followed in the herd's footsteps as she and Wynter approached the group. Alliances with the Throat and Edge, pressing her lips in a firm line she wondered if the invitation of an alliance had been extended to The Hidden Falls. Perhaps she should return and have a word with Midas, then again she did not wish to slight Deimos. It would be best to leave the stalking wolves alone. Confutatis was once again on the prowl. Arah had thought they had scared off the bitch last time. What did it take to keep mongrels squashed in the mud, left to willow in their own self pity? Shaking her head the doe turned to Ophelia as the new Lady spoke. Arah was silent as she listened to Ophelia's words, slowly she was beginning to trust the new Lady and after having worked with her during The Earth God's floods there was a respect starting to grow for the pale lady.

The voice of The Engineer caught her attention, a smile spread across her face as she spotted him beside Torleik. It had been interesting to work with him and honestly, she had liked it. What she had liked was anyone's guess, perhaps it was the rough edges. Something about the way he cared so much about his creations, plus Ulrik was clever and obviously talented. Wynter huffed beside her bonded, she had been silent for quite some time. It was quite unusual for her companion not to moan about something on occasion. Releasing a frosty sigh and a roll of her golden eyes, she looked down upon her bonded.

'Cad?' Arah asked the rather moody companion beside her, glancing up at Ulrik from time to time. 'Tá tú....air...uimh.' Wynter grumbled back in their native tongue. Arah stared down at her bonded for a moment before bursting out in laughter. Jealous girl. Catching Ulrik's nod Arah wove her way over to him, winking at the dark stallion as she got closer. She had enjoyed teasing him as they worked together, perhaps there was fun to be had in this herd after all.

"Captain." Arah whispered to Ulrik her voice light and humorous, relaying the title she had given him in The Rotunda.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

Days where now spent in the summer heat, observing the new growth, and the slow death of grasses as the water was slowly taken from the earth. It was an odd season, I being used to the desolate winter land, and to have woken to find snow melted, and the land green and rich, warm in the sun. Well, warm for the mountainous basin.

I watched as the plants grew, picking one of each, cataloging them in my area of the cavern I shared with my mother, comparing, but the extinct of my knowledge was not large. I wanted to know more, to expand my knowledge on the plants and on the arts of healing, to know how to save a persons life, and to know how to end it just like that.

A cry echoes out across the desolate land, and the heavy set face lifts, fury ears perked forward. If you look closely, you can see delicate features of her mothers face and body show, but the rugged handsomeness of the fresian breed developing. Her hair once short and cropped was beginning to become long and well groomed in long black tresses that fall down her neck and face, framing her eyes and the white horn that adorns her forehead.

Her legs where starting to become long, and she was starting to hit her long gangly stage. But in an odd way she still managed to be beautiful. The long gangly legs moved into motion to the summoning call, following the dark lords cry for a meeting. A few times the child born of fire became distracted from her track, and I am sure that you could say it was the reason for her being so late. But she got there in time to here the tail end of Deimos's speech, Ophelia's words floating around in that pretty way, and to listen to those offer up themselves in their odd ways. oh, and for the she-bitch to take her fathers place until he showed up again. I remembered her father. I had met him by chance once, and he fasinated my young mind, and I wondered how such an awful creature like Aviya came from the loins of the odd creepy doctor. The so called frozen princess should really stick to fighting, and keep her nose out of others business.

There where few others present, a boy I recognized, the General Torleik, and a winged mare I remembered from a particular tense meeting between the members of the Basin.... The girl I knew too... The child who had almost died in front of me, her mother, and the woman who had saved her. In the shadows I passed a golden man watched, with his young fawn by his side. My icy blue's looked at him, and gave him and the fawn a nod in greeting. There was also a tigress. Odd. I finally reach the group, and I nod to my mother, before making my way to Lena. A small smile lights my face, as I wanted to follow in the kind woman's footsteps. "I would like to pursue your line of work, might we talk after this meeting?" My icy eyes watch the time mender gauging the reaction from her. I nod to the lady Ophelia, the lord Deimos, and a big grin to the big man who was the general. A mans words echo, calling out about something that did not concern me. My blue eyes turn to look at him, and they slide over him. He looked an awful lot like Torleik. How odd. And the engineer as well.... How bizarre.

"talk talk talk talk "

Tagged:
Words: 608 words
Notes: <3 Sorry this came much later than expected... I hope you don't mind me mentioning @[Thranduil] in my post, if it bothers you, let me know, and I can edit my post <3

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image