the Rift

[OPEN] Feeding the Wolves [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

I've heard the call for a meeting, and begrudgling I've decided it would be in my best interest to attend. I can catalogue faces and smells of those I have yet to meet, and keep up to date on herd politics. I don't care for politicking, but when there's so much of it, it is wise to stay on top of the sly dogs and their plans. As long as I'm in a herd, I run the risk of being caught at a disadvantage and stirring up trouble I may have not intended. Following the other migrating bodies that have heard the call as I have, I find myself before our two leaders. I have never met either of them, but know them to be Deimos and Ophelia, Lord and Lady of the Basin.

I hear them speak names that I am unfamiliar with, but seem to ring with familiarity to those that have gathered around me. I look at the faces, searching for ones I recognize. I recognize Sialia, from my arrival in the Basin - the mare that was pregnant, teased by Illynx and Thranduil. But the others are completely strange to me, and I frown, disappointed with my ignorance. What's worse is that I have no excuse. My expression sours and I pad forward silently into the midst of the equines, watching and listening carefully. I may have to become more social than I'd like, if I'm to gain the upper hand.

Confutatis of the Regime. Enemy of the Basin. Two children. Kahlua, Queen of the World's Edge. Gaucho, King of the Dragon's Throat. The Moon Goddess, untrustworthy. I remember the murders that kept popping up around Helovia, but didn't care much to investigate. A death is a death. Hototo, Son of Earth, gave his life in the chaos. 'A foolish dead.' I have yet to understand why self-sacrifice is considered a valiant deed. All it does is make you dead. The Throat is now an island, and Ktulu and Archibald are friends of Ophelia. I do not know them. Is this relevant information? I try to make note of it, just in case. Several females speak up, but none of them really provide me any clues to their identities. They all seem brainwashed to serve, however. Only Sialia says anything of worth, asking for a description of Confutatis. Foolish cub! Why did it not occur to me to ask that? "And of Ktulu, and Archibald?" I figure I should figure out on my own Gaucho and Kahlua, being leaders, but if I'm to make sure Ktulu and Archibald stay away from fang and claw, I better know how to recognize them as well.

""

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feeding the Wolves [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Saffron - 02-19-2015, 08:27 PM