the Rift

[OPEN] Promised return (Leads, Lead Healer)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
Africa was quick to move beside me, flaming crown lowered to snatch up that leathery satchel. I glance her way with a wordless smile and joylit eyes; relived that our journey had gone so smoothly. The two shadows that come from that distant timber are welcomed with a wider grin; yar, at least until my gaze caught hold of Ktulu. I froze, as a rabbit caught in the middle of a field, with a fox only inches away. The chilling expression she wore was expected from a grieving parent.

Yar, what wasn't predicable was how my heart within breast seized painfully, destroying a previously bright expression, fading, dying in cold ash. Fina hisses sadly and narrows her eyes upon the two approaching forms, the flames on her spine dance higher -- matching the pace of my heart.

Attention shifts to the mighty draft who stands between us, though the echo of her voice is unmistakable. Sorrow, my own rooted grief is a pale reflection for her loss and the misfortune of a mother forced to bury a child. Silence holds my throat. I drop these eyes to the feathering upon Archibald's feet. My chest feels ready to explode...tis then I realize the breath I'd been holding is trapped. Jaws give way, "We bring herb from the Fall's...and our Medic. Africa" Flat, strained. Gaze slowly drifts up, the depth is a mask of pain and distorted emotion. "For thee family...as agreed upon."

I shift dumbly to Ktulu and find no words of comfort, though I desperately wanted to give her something. So she would know that I'd loved her son with the same fire as any babe of flesh and blood. All I can do is stare, fixated. Unable to move, hardly able to draw breath. "Ktulu..." The word comes forth as a rasp, like a fish dying upon its shoreline -- inches from salvation, its little mouth flapping open and shut. Glazed eyes awash with slow pain that was never ending. There was nothing to be said that she'd receive, nothing to be done. So I chose the only option that seemed avalible. Drowning.

I want to turn and run from this...for the first time in my life.

[Image: 53c231fe00a58]

Word count: 371
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Promised return (Leads, Lead Healer) - by Midas - 02-16-2015, 03:49 PM
RE: Promised return (Leads, Lead Healer) - by Midas - 02-18-2015, 09:49 PM