the Rift

Suddenly Strangers [Ophelia]

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

The threat of the invasion looms, and I find myself feeling more ill prepared each moment. I have taken to pacing without even realizing, turning away from my family and taking flights alone. I have left Alisier with his brother in the care of Aure more times than I can keep track of. Perhaps their company is stifling, perhaps I am truly not ready to be a mother and a mate. But do I not feel the love, unconditional and ever faithful, when I look upon my family? Did I not promise a god that I would never stray?

No, surely my absentmindedness as of late has solely been a product of nervousness. The last invasion that I remember was that of the sect upon the Tides- thankfully by then I had escaped both cold environments and made a home in the woodlands. But then I had observed from the outside- this was different. Now I was to fight for strangers and risk my own life and, more importantly, watch my mate do the same.

Are our lives worth this war? Are the parents of my children worth some other herd's fight? Soon I will find myself fighting on the field for strangers, and for what? Not to protect them, not to protect my family or own herd- simply for their gain. Surely there is nothing worth such greed. I feel a burgeoning love for my family that I cannot shake, and I know in an instant that my partings have not been out of a fading love, but a growing one. It is the fact that I cannot bear to lose them and that I fear I might- the need to be alone to face the demon of war and what it means for me. No one can face such a demon alone, I know that. I know of many things that I do not heed- it has been my way ever since I was a child.

But it has never been easy for me to change. Perhaps that is why I have come again to the sad patch of land where it is rumored my father once fell. Strange that I cannot see his bones- perhaps time, sand, and the wind has carried them away from my vision. Perhaps I am not even in the right place. I stand, alone save for Arbutus who now wheels in the air above me, in the open expanse of the dragon's throat desert. My wings have retreated and I have landed- I am a fixed image now, looking down at the sand as if it is what has taken my father from me, as if it is the beast of war that threatens to tear apart my family. I feel anger and rage- uncontrollable, unfamiliar.

I want the demon to die.

[[WC: 470 || PC: 0/3 || M/CU: 0/2 || AS: N/A || N: Three post (?) + closing defense, judged informal spar. Magic and companions allowed. I am happy to RP first. VP to winner, Automatic VP to Tamme for teaching. ]]

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia liked Rishima very much. The older mare had made her troubles feel normal and she did not hold so much guilt over the fact that sometimes, she wished that her sister needed her like she used to. And in doing so, Ophelia was able to let go. The crimson and white mare wanted to tell Rishima how much those words meant to her, but fighting for the Qian may say that for her. However, after her encounter with Mauja the second time, Ophelia was not sure that fighting against a group who had not acted against anyone was at all fair.

She was no follower of the moon. The Sun was her god. To the Qian, Ophelia held no ties, but to Rishima, she considered the mare to be a friend. Mauja was also a friend. As she pondered this conundrum, the mare wandered through the sand, cloven hooves making deer prints in the golden earth. The subtle, lighter colors reminded her of the undercoat of Osiris; it was light and tan, just like the sand.

Ophelia cursed mentally, telling herself to stop bringing up such nonsense. She was not good enough for him, and she was not good enough for the Sun God. She was strange, damaged in the head, weird. Perhaps that is why Mauja had a change of heart, because he too was insane. The thought left her heart deep at her knees until her eyes caught a shadow of another.

Two colored eyes lifted to see a mare she had only seen from afar, but she knew that she had been in Isilme before. Something to do with the Tides, she thought. Ophelia thought that she looked just as troubled as herself, and the mare frowned, walking up to stand at her side. "I am not prepared to fight," she murmured softly.

[OOC: (307 words) Dont forget to give a location in your post! :D I'll start teaching once the fighting threads start. You can assume in your next post if you want that Ophelia will agree to spar]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Default win to Ophelia in regards to the two week spar limit.