the Rift

[OPEN] Remember When [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
LINES IN THE SAND
Despite troubles that seemed to occur daily...Rifts that grew between fickle hearts.

My own soul felt at peace, content, more so than ever before; despite the anger that swirled in other lands. It could be hailed from the spell of this place, Earth's calming presence, ever embracing. Offering grace in the wake of tragedy, mercy as the hordes still scream for blood, and wisdom as our hearts strayed from his path.

I stood at the stern of our land, posed toward the main entrance uptop my southern vantage point - overlooking the valley, its timber and shadows. The strong slope. Those yearning, gangly branches stretching their leaves for nourishment. Perhaps my reservations had all been in vain...perhaps my soul didn't belong in the dry, stagnant air of Dragons Throat. Their sand and salt, honed this child who'd stepped into a position of manhood way before he felt ready.

Now I stood.

My words weighted, seemingly measured for their slightest hitch or falter. Mishaps. The world was watching, waiting for me to falter...I glanced back, at the water and distant hills, those slopping fields and tall, tropical life that seemed to stretch on forever. Below, hidden from easy view was my light, a savior in many right. She saved me day by day. Africa offered a second chance. Redemption. A mercy I felt unworthy of.

_____

A voice, a familiar name.

Neve's sharp ears hear it. She lifts her crown, chortling, the maturing ring of her voice is welcomed to an adolescent cry that usually flies instead. She flies down to the painted man below and alights upon an overhanging vine. Her weight (though slight) sways the thin rope. She curiously looks to the miniscule feline upon his spine.

______

I heard her musing through our bond, felt the pull in the connection we shared. This body draws me closer to the brim, eyes peering to catch sight of an unexpected (though welcomed) individual. "Apollo..." the word slides from my lips like a prayer. I glide down to him, hardly pausing to land properly before limbs are shuffling to him, muzzle outstretched in offering. "Embrace as brother; yar, how I've messed ye." I attempt to slide my crown around him, draw our bodies together as true kin would.
image credit

Word count: 383
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-17-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 02-18-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-18-2015, 07:18 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 02-22-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-24-2015, 11:33 AM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 03-03-2015, 11:51 PM